Usb Device Not Recognised

Hi everyone, 

I can connect ST Link to my Discovery board and successfully flash the PIN2DMD firmware when connected to the mini usb port. 

After flashing the firmware completes, I disconnect ST Link and also plug in the micro usb to the PC

My PC displays the error  dialog "USB device not recognised" with the text "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it" 

I've tried going into device manager and uninstalling the device, and then re-plugging in the device, but the same error occurs. 

I've tried googling the issue (relating to the STM32F micro usb driver and couldn't find anything, only ST Link drivers.

What driver is supposed to automatically install (as per the instructions on github?) as mine refuses to install any driver for the micro usb

I am using windows 10

I know the micro usb port works as I was able to connect usb devices to it on the demo app that came pre-loaded on the discovery board before I erased it.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated

Thanks 

Luke

So i had a look on my machine Win10 using the latest firmware 2.09. I use the zadig_2.1.2.exe wich is located in PIN2DMD-master\usb_driver startet exe file an choose libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0) that work for me.

Readme.md

# PIN2DMD USB driver

The PIN2DMD is registered automatically in windows as a winusb device.
For Visual PinMame etc please use Zadig Utility to change the drivertype
to "libusb-win32". For Windows XP Version please go to http://zadig.akeo.ie/

Thankyou for replying.

I followed the steps exactly, in the instructions contained in the archive from githib. I can't see a version anywhere, but the file dates are 19/04/2016

I will copy paste the instructions below with my results :-

1) Connect the STM board using the MiniUSB cable to PC to provide power,
if not already connected.

Yep

2) Connect the STM board also using the microUSB cable to PC
Windows should automatically installation the device.

No, windows gives me an error that the device is not working properly 

3) Start Zadig Utility from usb_driver folder.

Yep

4) Choose Options → List All Devices

Yep

5) Choose LIB-USB-WIN32 as driver and install

I assume there is a step missing here, and I am supposed to chose the "unknown device" first from the drop down list? So I do that, chose libusb-win32 and click Install Driver.

I get the error "The driver installation failed"

6) PIN2DMD is successfully installed.

:(

Archived