[Vp10] Tron (Conversion From Fp) (Vpx Beta)

• Content Provider

File Name: Tron (Conversion from FP) (VPX Beta)

File Submitter: freneticamnesic

File Submitted: 02 Aug 2015

File Category: Visual Pinball 10 - Tables

Permission to Mod: Yes
VP Version: v10 Beta

This is a relatively quick build, an update to one of my favorite tables for use in VPX.
Scripting done by 85vett, modified to work in VPX by myself
Table done by francisco666, rom, Glxb, with additions by myself and converted to work in VPX

Essentially, this is a FP to VPX conversion, using the script from the exist VP9 table.

I won't be maintaining this once VPX is out of beta.

Click here to download this file

Fren, did you ever release Transformers in PM5?

Think gtxjoe did. If not I've got it on my cab to upload if needed

Fren, the Transformers PM5 download link posted in physmod list section appears to be a work in progress (extra walls, non-working mechanical plunger etc.) Would you mind posting the completed version?

Fren, this Tron conversion is awesome.

I'm curious how long it takes you to convert a FP table to VPX.

I'm not sure you would have time for this, but in case you can throw more love in this table, would it be possible to add the spinning disc (with light and sound) as in the FP version?

And I have a general question related to VPX. Is it possible to change the intensity of the neon lamps on this table?

Cheers.

• Content Provider

Conversion takes an evening of work. Not bad. I go back and forth spending a few minutes at a time over the next few days fine tuning things, changing physics as I play the game more, adding the little details. I was playing this table for about 2 weeks before I added the EL lighting and it made a huge difference.

Spinning disk...ok! yes I think it's missing a couple flashers (arcade off the top of my head)

the EL lighting is difficult to tinker with. Is it too bright for you? It can be adjusted downwards fairly easily... you'll have to go to the material manager and find the "EL Green" and other color materials and change the opacity from 5 or 10 to like .5 or so

If you want them brighter, I don't know how. You can adjust those numbers up and see what happens!

One evening only? Really not bad when we see the end result!

About the EL lighting, the brightness is perfectly fine for me, but I was wondering if it would be possible to also light up the EL surrounding, similar to what has been done on Cirqus Voltaire NM.

I was hoping that VPX would allow this without flashers, and I've checked the material properties as you suggested. Without success.. :)

I guess that it's not possible to get the result I have in mind at the moment.

Nevermind, the table is still an amazing one!

• Content Provider

Yea it was something I had suggested in the VP10 discussion, would be nice to have some kind of light option for a primitive (like these wires) but it didn't gain any traction. cyberpez suggested the opacity tweak which actually work well enough to make me stop worrying about it. There's no transmit function, like you get with lights, that would cause it to light up the surroundings, so you're stuck with more of an ambient glow around it. CV was using images, so it could be done but then it goes from being a quick build with no photoshop involved at all to being a slow build, lining up all the images to look right, and requiring photoshop work. That's something for a complete rebuild instead of just a conversion :) Tron is a table I really enjoy and sometime down the road I'll probably re-visit it for a complete VP10 rebuild, and add in all those little subtle improvements. 

What I'm saying is: I know what you mean, and if I find out a way to add it in an easy way that uses an at-this-time unknown to me or un-implemented VP10 feature, I will add it!

• 3 weeks later...

The optics and the effects are just great - but almost all your VPX beta tables suffer from one thing: the flippers behave weird. The ball sometimes accelerates or suddenly stops on the flippers, sometimes it jumps right in the other direction as expected. Weird. This does not happen on other VPX tables like The Rolling Stones, Dirty Harry or NASCAR.

• Content Provider

Would be nice to find out why this happens. JP said once that it has something to do with friction.

Instead of bitching about it why don't you take the time and play with the flipper setting's and figure it out, then report back with some positive feedback and a possible fix for the "issue".. Buuuuuuut no, like always your just quick to bitch about everything offering no real solutions to any problems! It amazes me still how many of you bitch about something your getting for free!

Great table fren... Thank you I've enjoyed playing it quite a bit..

Jeez, what's with this pinball community? People get really offended when you point out some issue, I've seen this happen numerous times. It is not bitching if you report something for the sake of improvement and it is most certainly not being an entitled prick if you voice an opinion other than a thank you.

And I'm not saying this forum in particular, quite new here but it seems same people same attitudes to me. I think twice before I say anything I find because of people like this for the fear of being seen like a prick. Go look at the opensource community like github, softwares wouldn't be great like they are if people didn't "bitch" and "moan" now and then.

That's my 2 cents on the issue

Archived