Registering The Ledwizm05.ocx

neohusky

Hi all

I spent a few hours last night trying to get vpinball and ledwiz playing together.

I followed the instructions and put the appropriate files into the tables directory and registered the ocx with a success dialog box appearing. I am using win7 64bit.

What I can confirm:

1. The ledwiz works via the aura toolbox. Pushing the 10 icon on screen powers the contactor connected to Zeb's booster board.

2. The ledcontrol.ini file was generated with the new tool on this site with port10 as right flipper.

3. Double clicking on the ledcontrol.vbs file in table directly gives a message to the effect(I can't remember exactly) that the file ocx/dll is missing or not registered

3. Running HPLedControl.exe with port10 mapped to start button in HPLedControl.ini causes the contactor to toggle on/off continuously. Ie flashing button.

From these it may be safe to assume the ledwiz and booster board are working correctly and it's likely a failure on my end to follow instructions carefully.

• Content Provider

Did you replace your core.vbs file?  Open it up and look at the last line in the file.  It should say ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("ledcontrol.vbs").

If it doesn't, add that line and see if it works.

After mucking around with this for ages I decided to try another table ATM and guess what it worked right away. Obviously the MM table that I got didn't play nice with LEDWiz. Now to find one that does.

Following the instructions on hyperspin forums and those reiterated by DeeGor all so often work first time if followed correctly.

• 8 months later...

I'm getting the same issue.

I've just replaced my old ledwiz with a new one but am having a hell of a time getting this to work.

It all works under the lum aura control panel.

When I load a table in VP it hangs on Rendering Animation. 

I think it is something to do with the ledwizm05.ock file as when I remove this the table loads fine?

Any ideas anyone?

I think it is something to do with the ledwizm05.ock file as when I remove this the table loads fine?

Any ideas anyone?

I'm assuming that's a typo, but just make sure that your file is actually named ledwizm05.ocx . As an object control extension it's gonna need that protected suffix.

Archived