Help! I Don't Know What Happened But I Can't Play Any Of My Tables Now!

bpjacobsen

when trying to play any tables, I'm getting a bunch of errors. Seems to be a problem with vpinmame. see attached. They were all working fine and after messing around trying to get the darn Stern SAM tables to work, something got screwed up but I can't figure out what.

post-7341-0-01360200-1425701975_thumb.png

post-7341-0-72920400-1425701978_thumb.png

post-7341-0-35020800-1425701988_thumb.png

post-7341-0-13452100-1425701991_thumb.png

this is a nightmare! I copied my vpinmame folder, un-installed vpinmame via setup. then extracted 2.5 (latest from vpforums) and ran setup, then copied all my files (roms etc) and still get a bunch of errors when I run any table. What the heck could have happened! I'm just running the regular tables that were all working fine before.

OMG, this sucks! I don't understand what happened. Everything was working until yesterday late morning when I successfully ran a Stern SAM table. Then ever since I got home from work last night and was attempting to load other SAM tables, nothing works. I didn't remove anything. I can't recall when, but I'm pretty sure I had to restart the PC to apply windows updates so I'm not sure if that screwed me up. But again, I removed everything and re-installed. Nothing but errors. See attached which shows the paths are correct. My VP folder is under c:\visual pinball. Seems like my PC is somehow blocking the dll from running but it is not showing blocked. It's as if it doesn't see vpinmame. So frustrating

post-7341-0-75804000-1425738417_thumb.png

I can't read your attachment, it's too small. When you want to create a screenshot, you should do the following. There may be an easier way than how I explain the following, but this works for me:

- Do your alt-print screen to capture the screenshot

- go into paint, paste ten captured screenshot in there

- you will notice your little captured screenshot is surrounded by a big white area? You need to shrink down that area as the white area will be part of the saved picture if you don't and that's why the attached pic is so small, the white area so predominant.

- so to fix that so go to the bottom right corner and once your cursor changes to show you can drag, drag that white area to where your screenshot picture is

- once that is done, NOW save your picture

- paste it as normal

That should now allow you to post appropriate pics that will allow us to help you. Rest assured, this is all resolvable so don't worry, everything will work in the end, just be patient and breath in and out :)

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and willingness to help. I am not the most patient I will admit. Just frustrating that it was working then just decided to stop working. Try the attached and let me know if that works. Didn't realize I needed to remove the white space. I assume all the errors after the first are because vpinmame won't execute correct? So I think I need to figure out why vpinmame won't execute. I'm running V2.5 and VP 9.9.1 on windows 8.1. was loading some Stern SAM tables and managed to get avatar to work but not 3 others. But all I did was rename their roms as instructed and had updated to the SAM version of vpinmame which worked fine on my tables initially. Now after un-installing and re-installing etc, nothing works. Let me know if you need any other info. And thanks again for your help.

post-7341-0-85859700-1425758995_thumb.png

post-7341-0-96147000-1425759152_thumb.png

post-7341-0-55634900-1425759221_thumb.png

post-7341-0-86753800-1425759273_thumb.png

post-7341-0-21100300-1425759330_thumb.png

post-7341-0-39009500-1425759380_thumb.png

I answered on the other forums, so try that out. I see your screenshots fine now, may be because of resolution I'm running, they were incredibly small.

Your problem is VPM is apparently not installed properly.  Try what I suggest at the other site. 

Might be easier to limit continued discussion at one or the other site, hard to manage responses at both, gets kind of hard to go back and forth.  Here is fine :)

Oh man, I am really stumped. I followed your exact suggestions, started from scratch. same errors. No joke. The thing is, up until yesterday, it was running fine. I don't know why suddenly windows doesn't want to execute vpinmame. this is starting to really scare me. I spent countless hours downloading all the files for full screen action, testing. had it all working via pinballx like a champ. Why why why am I having this problem? I really think either an update ran and added some sort of security block to prevent the dll from running or something else broke it. Makes no sense. Please let me know what you think I should try next. I even found instructions to use CMD to register the DLL but no dice.

OMG, I can't believe it! I just realized the problem! It's because all the tables were changed to B2S.Server and I need to re-install B2S server. I changed one back to vpinmame.controller and it worked! so I just need to re-install b2s server. I'm a dope but nonetheless, relieved. sheesh

I spoke to soon. Can I please get the step by step on installing B2S server? It came with a readme but I'm getting these errors if I run the tables with the script set to B2S.Server. I'm really having a mental block here. I had this all working. sheesh!

Archived