Pinball Arcade Cab Mode

KingofMetal79

Morning Everyone,
 Does anyone have a quick guide in how to set TPA (The Pinball Arcade) up in a cabinet? I don't know if I am doing anything wrong but in Pinball FX2 you just change screen rotation in settings and tweak the DMD config file to display the DMD on the 2nd monitor and away you go. However there seems to be no such settings in TPA - certainly in the version I possess anyway. If I rotate the screen via window settings before launching TPA it simply doesn't start.... Any suggestions?

Cheers

Lol! I didn't say I don't have it in my cab! Lol! I would rather play Hercules v8 rotated full screen then tpa on the cab not gunna lie and Hercules looks bad! But at least it's fun with friends when you hear huge ball and huge flippers thunking always a good table for a laugh

• Content Provider

That sounds like a good idea for a thread: "what are the "guilty pleasure pins on your cab?" Ie: pins that either tr vp version is horrid graphically, or the table is a known dog, etc

start it

"Tables that need an update but you still play" would be a kind way of wording it, lol

Tpa is fine on tablet or phone but in cab the flippers are huge and view is very bad. I will tell you Hercules is very funny to play in cab fs as bad as it looks it emulates the play good...awful as it is in real life.

Would be a good thread pinballs you have installed/played in cab and are ashamed to admit it! I have several. I had I guy this week ask if I had spring break and I did bad as it was he played it and loved the sounds that he recalled and it looks bad but still good fun.

• 11 months later...

ok, so i was wondering if anyone here (still) has that Pinball Arcade in the Cabinet setup.

i am very interested in trying this myself too. Mostly beceause of the physics engine in the Pinball Arcade.

i had read somewhere that they wanted to come pretty close to how the real pinball should play.

is it really that different or "better" than the Visual Pinball scripts/engine?

(of course there is VPX now, but i haven't installed that yet its on my to-do-list)

Tricky question.

The physics in different games all have their pros and cons and none is perfect. Matter of taste if you ask me. I play a lot of TPA because they deliver the best overall (graphics , physics, maintenance) carefree experience imo, but still miss proper cab support.

If I had to rank physics:

Pro-Pinball

VP PM5 / VPX

Some super tuned VP9

TPA

VP9

Fx2

• 2 weeks later...

Well since we have hijacked this thread, mine might possibly be Rollercoaster Tycoon, which isn't even bad looking, but compared to most tables on my cab it's a little outdated.

Fren, coming back to this for a minute I agree Rollercoaster Tycoon in VP9 plays pretty awful and needs an overhaul. Have you ever considered it for your next VPX challenge? Just saying... in case you're looking...  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived