Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Data East x16 + Vpin x32

• Content Provider

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well. As some of you may know, I have been working on TMNT for DE for quite some time. It started out as a continuation of Malenkos original project and was redone multiple times along the way. My final version has been created from scratch using the latest editor and 64 colours. Initially I was going to keep it at 16 but the more I added the more the different art styles clashed. I'm not a graphic designer or anything so things took a lot longer than I am guessing it would for others with more experience. Nevertheless it was a really good learning experience and we helped improve the software and firmware along the way, which is always a good thing.

I have made this project compatible with the Real Data East pin using the x16 Pin2dmd EVO as well as a full screen x32 version which is primarily for Vpin. If you have a real TMNT Pin you will benefit from the slightly larger area of the back glass window and everything has been carefully placed so nothing important is cut off. Compromises had to be made though due to the small window size for the real pin and some trade offs were made to keep the image clear. It is very important to note that when installing in a real pin that your plastic clips are not broken or bent as the tolerance for the display images are tight. You can however move the light panel from the centre of the speaker panel to behind the dmd spot and place your dmd between the speakers. This will result in more of the image being shown. It is a bit of work though.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me along the way, especially Holy Snes who worked with me for weeks on end helping me fine tune everything and keeping me motivated. Thanks to Lucky1 for modifying the Evo design so everyone could enjoy it in their real pin and for fixing bugs along the way and answering all my questions. Thanks to Wob who did initial testing for Vpin and to Martin for his very early help at the start of what was a very different project and finally Malenko for his initial version as to where it all started!

I have made a trailer which shows the x32 version. This was filmed on my real pin and is running the latest version. All footage is either in game or attract mode sequences and everything you see will appear in the game (well almost everything ;) ), as well as some other stuff too which I couldn't fit in the trailer. Yes it's cheesy but that's what I think when I look at TMNT. Please make sure to watch in HD!

The requirements of this file are as follows:

- Pin2dmd Firmware 4.10 Minimum

- Pin2dmd x16 EVO version 1.1 (Please note 1.0 will not fit a real pin)

- Any Pin2dmd for Virtual Pin

As for the release: Real Pin is getting finished but I have now released the Vpin version.

Thanks!

• Content Provider

VPin version 1.0 has been released! I have added the link to the original post. Please be aware that this is a 64 colour file so you will need a real Pin2dmd to use until freezy is updated.

Any bugs or issues please let me know.

Thanks for your support.

• Terranigma changed the title to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Data East x16 + Vpin x32