News from across the VPUniverse
Files posted by Schlabber34
Victory from Gottlieb (1987)
I had the idea to bring this table over here and i contacted Sindbad if he wants to upload it. He told me that he is busy at the moment and he wanted me to do this for him. So i'm uploading this one here in the name of Sindbad. I took the chance and fixed some gameplay/physics issues before uploading.
Original release text by Sindbad:
Guys, I can't stop it. Here's the rebuild-from-the-scratch version of Victory, that (hopefully) also fixes the known bugs. Rebuilding this table was only possible because of massive help from Schreibi34. He invested a tremendous amount of time, and created fascinating objects in Blender with kick ass 3D lighting effects. When the table was playable and nearly ready for release, WED21 joined the team, and he implemented his awesome sourround sound modifications. Some of you guys know, that I'm not as fast any more as I was prior to my rheumatism. My fingers are very slow now, so I'm full of gratitude to Schreibi34. He helped me a lot, so this table is also his table.
This table has been developed and tested during the build under several VPX versions. Last version tested was 10.5.0 (Revision 3455). We developed the table under the ROM "victory", we didn't test any other roms.
But not everything was done by me, so it's time to present the real stars behind this table:
Schreibi34: Thanks for everything you've done, this table is also yours...
WED21: - Thanks for the kick ass surround sound modification!
Flupper: Thanks a million times for the Cycles insert material and environment! Thanks for the free to use flasher domes. Awesome stuff!
The Loafer: Thanks for all the testing
JPSalas: ball rolling sound script, flasher images
Noah: nudging routines
Hauntfreaks: background image
Ninuzzu: ball shadow routines
The VP and VPM development teams: Thanks for the awesome software
Ah, I forgot: No permission required to mod, enhance, or maybe delete, you can use all resources which came from me for whatever - but not for crime.
What's New in Version 2.0.1 (See full changelog)
Version 2.0: Initial Rebuild-from-scratch release
Version 2.0.1: Fixed missing balls and dome screws
Version 2.0.2: Gameplay and physics fixes!
Thanks to scutters and MikeDASpike for the Flex-DMD version!!
Reupload from VPinball.
This contains all available versions of my underlay including the neon ones.
I renderd them because i always had trouble to clearly see the wheel images. Now the small ones fit inside the arc and the big one stands out more on the glass / PF shadow.
To use this you have to install PinballX 4.36 or higher and change the "Underlay Image Type" in the Settings Wizard to "Fill Screen".
Blackout (Williams 1980) SBR34
Complete rebuild from scratch! Bord managed to get a complete set of scans including the playfield (thanks Chris)! The table dimensions and layout are as accurate as possible thanks to those scans. All posts were positioned on the corresponding holes in the PF scan.
A big thanks goes to Bord! I could not have done this without him! He made working on this really easy for me! Thanks my friend!
I also want to thank UnclePaulie for making this table VR-Ready! Options are in the script! I love that BG!
Also a big thanks to Chris, iaakki, rothbauer and Rik for the help! I know all of you guys are busy!
Thanks to 32assassin for bringing this table to VPX! I used my mod of his table as a base for this one!
You can change the LUT's by pressing the magna save buttons!
bord – scripting, DT background image and scores, prim animations, texture swaps, physics and countless other things......
Chris - playfield scan
UnclePaulie - VR implementation, LUT selector
iaakki - scripting assist, physics fixes
rothbauerw - scripting assist, physics fixes
hauntfreaks - plastics colour correction
Rik - play testing
Schlabber34 – new table layout, renderings, Youtube gameplay analysis, physics
VPX version by Schreibi34 and Herweh
Version 1.0: Initial release
Schreibi34: Visuals and gameplay "It's simply amazing what you do in Blender. So thrilling, so inspiring, so extraordinary. I'm overwhelmed every time when I see what you have created. You are the man. And a very relaxed, cool guy too. And for sure an awesome drummer ;-). Once again it was a pleasure and an honor to work with you"
(this was written by Herweh)
Herweh: Scripting, VP development and gameplay "Everything you see below in this script! Without him Mr. Basic v2.0 Schreibi34 would have been totally lost! What he has done on this table goes beyond my imagination. From animating Frank to implementing RothbauerW's physics to the texture swaps to all sorts of extras. Please check out all the stuff that the script Voodoo Master has provided for you below! Thanks for being such a cool guy! It was a pleasure!"
(this was written by Schreibi34)
Special thanks to:
- Dark: We all know what he did! Frank is just jawdropping!! - Dids666: For starting all of this and his awesome meshes. Thanks for letting us finish this!! - Sheltemke: For stitching together the PF image and playtesting - Mlager8: For PS help on the sling plastics - RothbauerW: For his awesome physics' guide at vpinball.com and some more help on the physics - Mark70, Bord, Thalamus: For beta testing and some good hints - Batch: For the DT background image (Sorry for making it a bit darker! Batch's original is in the image manager for those who like more pop)
Magna save selects LUT filters!
- Herweh: Fix for the trapped balls and the post left of the Geneva hole. Fix for LUT filters resetting after restart
- Skitso: Alligning the GI-ON and OFF better so they don't "jump" when swaping
- Schreibi34: Minor gameplay/physics adjustments
An almost from scratch build of my first ever upload! Big thanks to Herweh for his incredible stuff, and another special thanks to 32assassin for bringing this table to VPX!!
- Herweh for the incredible saucer physics, scripting all moving parts, SSF sounds and reworking the rest of the script! Thanks, man!
- 32assassin for bringing this table to VPX! I used his table as a base for all of this.
- Mlager8 for his incredible Apron redraw!!
- Poppote for his ultraclean original artwork. Made the 8k upscale alot easier!
- Bord for the shooterlane image and playtesting!
- BorgDog for the wood image!
- Thalamus for playtesting and kicking everybodys ass in the forums!
Reupload from VPinball!
Thanks to BorgDog for the excellent Gottlieb prim!
Reupload from VPinball!
Reupload from VPinball!
Reupload from VPinball!
Reupload from Vpinball!
When i asked Sindbad for permission to use his Vector resources he told me that he was already working on a version of this table. Both versions were in their final stage so i thought that this was it and this baby will stay on my cab. But he didn't hesitate and almost completely gave up his own table to team up with me. Thanks man! You don't find guys like him very often! He was also a motivation at the end when i lost my patience. I was ready to release the table as is but he had a couple of good ideas and he made them possible with his Photoshop and scripting knowledge! So this also Sindbad's table.
OK,turn down the lights in your mancave and we hope you enjoy this one!
- Big thanks to DJRobX for making the fast flips work on this table with some incredible script vodoo. So this is basicly a DJRobX fast flip mod. This is all beyond my knowledge. I couldn't even find the lines he was changing!
- Removed Walls 19 and 20 below the flippers. They had a hight of 50 and caused strange behaviour in the drain area (Thanks Sliderpoint!)
- Killer sound files and script
- Redraws, graphics, images. Especially the PF redraw is awesome!
- Photoshoping whenever i needed it!
- Thanks for giving up your own table just to finish this one!
- Ramps and other primitives all over the table
- Renderings all over the table
- Layout changes
- Insert lights
- Kicker primitives including the two way kicker on the UPF
- Thanks for checking the DOF stuff!
- Thanks for checking the gameplay. He owned the real table. I guess he's still playing. If he finds something that makes gameplay more realistic, we will add this in an update!
- JP's fading lamps and flashers script
- JP's ballrolling sound script
Needs VP 10.6 rev. 3696 or higher!!
After almost 8 months it's finally done! A very special thanks goes out to Herweh!! Withou him this table wouldn't be half as good!! Thanks my friend!
Don't miss Herwehs "Additional GI" switchable in the script! More GI-OFF for those who enjoy it!
I hope you guys have fun while playing!
- Herweh for scripting everything on this table, including kickers, animations, airball, additional GI and SSF sounds. He also fixed stuff like the trough and the tilt script!
Without him this table wouldn't be half as good!!! One of the best and a great guy!! This is also your table!! Thanks!!!
- 32assassin and BodyDump for bringing this Table to VPX. I used their table as a base.
- Kiwi and Destruk for a great hint when 'Tilt' didn't want to work the way it should
- RothbauerW for some code of his manuel trough in 'No Good Gofers'
- Bord and BorgDog for images, testing and all kinds of help!
- BorgDog for moving spinner rod
- Flupper - cycles insert material
- Thalamus for playtesting and screenshots
- Ninuzzu - BallShadow
- Whoever made the flipper shadow
- Last, and definetly not least the VPX devs!! Thanks guys!
- Herweh fixed a crash caused ba a glass hit
- fixed the "bleeding" of the flipper textures
- better DT background image
- Herweh fixed two hickups in the script. Flickering of the GI when hitting the flipper button is now gone. Thanks to Thalamus for finding both issues and providing a quick fix!