NEW! FizX physics system reveal! (Future Pinball - BAM)
Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?
What everyone thought was impossible has happened! Future Pinball is no longer bound to it's 17 year old physics! JLou and AnonTet (with contributions from ravarcade and Gimli) have used the power of ravarcade's amazing BAM to adapt nFozzy physics techniques (used in VPX) to work in Future Pinball!
What does this mean?
- a complete physics change for the entire table
- new updated dynamic physics adjusted in realtime during gameplay
- no more FP flippers (FP flippers are GONE!)
- no more wide flipper shots
- fully accurate and realistic flippers (adjustable)
- dynamic flipper coils and eos switch (no more on/off flippers)
- micro flips, tap passes, drop catches, post passes, and other flipper tricks
- live catch difficulty is adjustable
- slingshots are no longer super sensitive (adjustable)
- slingshots use new techniques for more realistic operation
- ball has a real weight to it (no more balloon ball)
- rubbers are all replaced, fully dynamic and adjustable
- rubbers no longer send the ball flying everywhere
- drop targets now have dynamic / scatter physics
- bumpers use better models and act more realistically
- optional higher polygon ball (8000+) for more accurate physics
- optional higher fps settings for more accurate physics
- more realistic physics and proper control overall
It simply means that now tables can be updated to play with more realistic physics overall in ways we never thought possible on FP. You can accurately make your shots and aim more like you would on a real table.
Does this mean FP can play as good as VPX nFozzy?
I wouldn't go that far (VPX guys know their physics really well).... but this is a MASSIVE improvement to FP overall, and I think "everyone" will be very surprised with the result compared to what they have come to expect with FP physics. It can only get better from here.
I'm VERY happy to be able to add this new physics system to my own releases. I've already seen a huge difference, and their gameplay is much better as a result.
For everyone who wished that my releases were on VPX.... you may no longer feel that way very soon when all PinEvent V2 tables get updated for FizX!
Thanks to the following for making FizX possible:
- JLou and AnonTet for working hard on this for the last year. Your perseverance has paid off!
- ravarcade for making this possible with his amazing BAM and his support
- Gimli (the unsung FP hero) for his physics contributions and DF1 examples over the years