Jump to content
  • NEW! FizX physics system reveal! Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?

NEW! FizX physics system reveal! (Future Pinball - BAM)

Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?

What everyone thought was impossible has happened! Future Pinball is no longer bound to it's 17 year old physics! JLou and AnonTet (with contributions from ravarcade and Gimli) have used the power of ravarcade's amazing BAM to adapt nFozzy physics techniques (used in VPX)  to work in Future Pinball!

What does this mean?

- a complete physics change for the entire table

- new updated dynamic physics adjusted in realtime during gameplay

- no more FP flippers (FP flippers are GONE!)

- no more wide flipper shots

- fully accurate and realistic flippers (adjustable)

- dynamic flipper coils and eos switch (no more on/off flippers)

- micro flips, tap passes, drop catches, post passes, and other flipper tricks

- live catch difficulty is adjustable

- slingshots are no longer super sensitive (adjustable)

- slingshots use new techniques for more realistic operation

- ball has a real weight to it (no more balloon ball)

- rubbers are all replaced, fully dynamic and adjustable

- rubbers no longer send the ball flying everywhere

- drop targets now have dynamic / scatter physics

- bumpers use better models and act more realistically

- optional higher polygon ball (8000+) for more accurate physics

- optional higher fps settings for more accurate physics

- more realistic physics and proper control overall

It simply means that now tables can be updated to play with more realistic physics overall in ways we never thought possible on FP. You can accurately make your shots and aim more like you would on a real table.

Does this mean FP can play as good as VPX nFozzy?

I wouldn't go that far (VPX guys know their physics really well).... but this is a MASSIVE improvement to FP overall, and I think "everyone" will be very surprised with the result compared to what they have come to expect with FP physics. It can only get better from here.

I'm VERY happy to be able to add this new physics system to my own releases. I've already seen a huge difference, and their gameplay is much better as a result.

For everyone who wished that my releases were on VPX.... you may no longer feel that way very soon when all PinEvent V2 tables get updated for FizX!

Coming soon!

Thanks to the following for making FizX possible:

- JLou and AnonTet for working hard on this for the last year. Your perseverance has paid off!
    - ravarcade for making this possible with his amazing BAM and his support
    - Gimli (the unsung FP hero) for his physics contributions and DF1 examples over the years

Was it helpful?

TerryRed

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Congrats you all for this amazing improvement. FP will ,at least, not be frustrating anymore with some really great tables only available on FP.

Thanks so muck for all this awesome work !

Baguette Power ! 😂

On 8/15/2022 at 1:30 AM, mazjohn said:

Thank you!!!I am a long time fan of Future pinball and appreciate the hard work to keep improving. There are so many previous tables I would love to see get new releases with this new Fizx code!

Sorry to say this will never happen.

It is self promotion for certain tables only, being his own mods.

In all fairness, it is all up to you.

If this is what you want you need to learn it yourself.

I am certain there will be youtube vids to help.

But you will also need to research Rav, Gimli, GeorgeH, Shiva and many others work to get

close to what you want, cheers!

Link to comment

Not certain if a modded kids game of an original table is the best promo for the new spectacular Fizx release.

Sure it plays better than the first release, but we have no real world example to compare it too?

Look at the pretty plane....

The floating ball issue was fixed years ago, thanks to all we both know.

Maybe you just didn't implement it correctly or get the memo.

But as I am a man of my word, I will eat humble pie.

Not certain it was as promoted, but impressive none the less.

Being as all modders do, we all spend more time testing than playing, but playing more as a result.

This is a vast flipper improvement, still on the fence for the rest of the claims.

I sincerely apologise for my behavior, I am so glad I was wrong.

It only benefits us all,  just wished the ego's could be dialed at maybe 8, cheers!

• Content Provider
    1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

Not certain if a modded kids game of an original table is the best promo

Rude

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

spectacular Fizx release.

Compliment

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

Good point, but you can just compare generally

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

Look at the pretty plane....

Backhanded compliment?  Rude?

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

The floating ball issue was fixed years ago, thanks to all we both know.

Maybe you just didn't implement it correctly or get the memo.

Implied theft of credit?  Downplaying accomplishment?  Very rude, either way

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

But as I am a man of my word, I will eat humble pie.

After all that?

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

Not certain it was as promoted, but impressive none the less.

Downplaying again

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

This is a vast flipper improvement,

Very true

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

still on the fence for the rest of the claims.

Rude again.  You can easily see by playing.

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

I sincerely apologise for my behavior, I am so glad I was wrong.

Apologizing for last behavior, but what about this very comment?

1 hour ago, Nitronimbus said:

Backhanded again.  Trying to get the last word.  Negates any apology or eating of humble pie.

Just... Let it go, dude.  Being positive, friendly, and supportive is a lot less work.

• Content Provider

Oh, missed the first comment!

2 hours ago, Nitronimbus said:

Sorry to say this will never happen.

It is self promotion for certain tables only, being his own mods.

It's literally able to be used by anyone.  It's not like he's hiding how to do it.  And why wouldn't TerryRed do his own tables first?

2 hours ago, Nitronimbus said:

If this is what you want you need to learn it yourself.

Exactly, so why the shade in the first part?

2 hours ago, Nitronimbus said:

I am certain there will be youtube vids to help.

Probably from TerryRed, because he wants to contribute to the hobby and FP for everyone's benefit

2 hours ago, Nitronimbus said:

Absolutely, they're all incredible and have some great stuff to check ou-

2 hours ago, Nitronimbus said:

close to what you want, cheers!

Oh, it was to be a dick, not just promoting creators.  Of course.

Link to comment

@Wylte Thanks for the blow by blow details of how you read this.

It dose not paint a pretty picture for me..I understand that, but this is not for you.

It is a picture that you have just seen, so step back and take a good look.

Then you can be objective...without bias

Some only see a small window in life, let's hope you can step outside and see the bigger picture, cheers!

• Content Provider
    21 minutes ago, Nitronimbus said:

@Wylte Thanks for the blow by blow details of how you read this.

It is a picture that you have just seen, so step back and take a good look.

Then you can be objective...without bias

I can't say I'm without bias, as I've corresponded directly with TerryRed and haven't done so with you (until now).  But it's a very minor bias, that I've acknowledged and can balance for.  And it doesn't matter if it's not for me - you're posting in a public forum.  Now it's for everybody.

As to that last, I've seen your posts across three sites and multiple years.  I think I've got a good enough picture:

You denigrate the work of others, question their contributions and choices, make personal insults, then act as the offended party when they respond - up to the point of pulling all of your tables when you're upset.  I've seen at least five other creators call you out for these things, and you always act bewildered and hurt...then attack again.  There may be a language barrier, and probably older grudges that I'm not privy to, but in the interactions I've seen, you were always in the wrong.

I'm not saying this to be mean - I honestly want you to reflect and improve.  I want everybody to have a good time and work together to make things better.

Link to comment

All these statements are true.

And now you see the bigger picture.

NitroNimbus is just a dick and bully, thinks he is superior than all.

I am the FP god, whoops!! VPX god.

Bow to me... I am joining FX3.

What, am I just being insulting again....

IF YOU THINK I HAVE EVER INSULTED YOUR WORK OR BEEN DISRESPECTFUL TO YOUR TALENTS.

Please respond..  let's see how bad I really am.

Link to comment

So no comments so far of how am I so disrespectful to others work?

If your plan is to discredit me to make a point. I just wish you had foundation.

It seems lacking..

• Administrators
    On 8/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, Nitronimbus said:

So no comments so far of how am I so disrespectful to others work?

It seems lacking..

@Nitronimbus I will not tollerate your comments like this to others here on VPU... Go back to VPF and the other sites if you want to continue to belittle, insult, and overall disrespectful to anyone. I don't have time to babysit your comments and I will NOT put up with it here.

Link to comment

Amazing doesn’t seem to be a powerful enough word to use! I absolutely respect any individual with a never say die or never give up attitude! This milestone achievement proves that anything is possible, as long as you put your mind and time into it! I would like to thank each and everyone who was a part of this beautiful project! It’s amazing talent like you, that make these forums and communities ever so magical! Without you, no one would be able to enjoy these masterpieces known as pinball tables! Thank you for your continued hard work!

• Content Provider

FizX Physics System for Future Pinball - BAM

New v2.00 - HUGE update! NEW FLEEP and SSF! Coming soon!

JLou has been working hard at constantly improving FizX. He's completely updated most of it to work much more efficiently and add new features and functions. He was able to do this after ravarcade updated BAM (now 1.5-357) with new features (that JLou asked for) that greatly changes how FizX can work.

• many new features / settings that allow more control over flippers and physics that immensely improve flipper accuracy and realistic behavior, rubbers, slings, and drop targets
    • much more code optimization that uses alot less CPU
    • new code that allows for more functionality depending on what materials are hit by the ball
    • 8K ball model is no longer needed. 1K ball model is the new recommendation to use with FizX tables now
    • physics now run at 512 fps or 256 fps (instead of 592 / 296)

NEW Dynamic Ball Hit Sounds!

The BIG new update however... is new automatic Fleep sound integration that will play ball hit sounds of rubber / metal / wood / plastic / flipper rubber / PF hits because it knows at all times what material the ball has hit and at what speed.... what volume level is needed... etc. No extra table code is needed. This works on the "entire" table automatically for all ball behavior!

This makes for a much more dynamic sound experience compared to before, that all FP tables (that have FizX added to them) can easily benefit from.

PinEvent V2 - updates

Seeing these awesome new FizX updates and dynamic ball sound features... I had to take this opportunity to update PinEvent V2's sound, PUP SSF, and PUP ball rolling code, and worked with JLou to update FizX v2.0's sound code so that they can work together! So now PinEvent V2 works automatically with FizX v2.0's dynamic ball sound features for PUP SSF and FP sounds!

That means now... the only thing I need to manually add to a table for SSF are the controlled items (flippers, bumpers, kickers, ramps). The rest of the ENITRE table will automatically get SSF dynamic sounds (based on the material type the ball hits) at EVERY part of the "entire" table. This makes the table come alive with even more amazing SSF compared to before... and it just works... automatically!

Over the next week, or so... JLou will work out any final kinks with FizX v2.0. I'll also be updating all PinEvent V2 tables for FizX v2.0, new PinEvent V2 code, much better SSF, and any other table fixes and updates I've already added. There will be a lot of PinEvent V2 table and PuP-Pack updates over the next 2 weeks (all of them).... then on to working on Silent Hill!

image.thumb.png.3e8161eb834bbf51d7ef91dced355a0d.png

image.thumb.png.094662b5dea3b03e0144a956ae813d95.png

image.thumb.png.9835e6f6b22ed3ca0d3bebd45f0f6270.png

• Content Provider

New!

All in One Example table - FizX, FLEEP, Ball rolling, PUP SSF, DOF

I have made a new updated version of the FizX v2.0 example table, but now with automatic DOF / FLEEP / PUP SSF / Ball Rolling support (no smoke Ball Rolling code needed)

- newest v2.0 code added directly to the table script (no need for external files)
    - FizX Tweaker Tool already added
    - FizX Profiles supported
    - FLEEP sounds for all mechanical / rubber / material based ball hit sounds
    - added my new PinMechSound and Ball Rolling code (for both FP and PUP SSF) that works automatically to handle FP Sounds / PUP SSF / DOF and supports FizX's ball hit sounds as well!
    - DOF is directly supported similar to PinEvent V2... so DOFLinx is not needed or used at all. It will use the basic "FP_DOF" config on DOF Config Tool (solenoids only) that I created (or you can make a custom one for your table if you wish)
    - if PUP SSF is enabled (and PUP is installed), then it will use a standard "FP_PUP_SSF" pup-pack that will have all the required FLEEP and Ball Rolling sounds added automatically
    - if PUP SSF is disabled (or PUP is not installed), then the table will automatically use FP sounds for FizX / Fleep / Ball Rolling
    - Ball Rolling sounds are automatic. No need to add extra code throughout the script for when a ball is created / destroyed (except for changing sounds on a ramp, if desired)
    - PUP is directly supported, if you want to create your own simple PuP-Pack to use with a table (this does not include PUP DMD or PUP Stream)

The intent is to have an easy example table that will be mostly a copy / paste of one section of code, add the essential files, then just use PinMechSound command for your flippers, bumpers, slings, kickers, etc instead of playsound commands... and it will all work automatically.... and give support for full SSF and DOF (solenoids only) automatically.

The All in One Example Table and Tutorial can be found here:

This will result in a FP table supporting the above features automatically, even if you don't use all the features yourself.

- simply follow the tutorial (in order) to get the essentials installed. You can make changes as needed for your table and preferences.
    - you can get the essential FizX items / physics, fleep sounds, ball rolling and dynamic ball hit sounds working very quickly using this tutorial and example table!
    - I can add the essential files and code to a table in under 5 mins and it just works!

The extra steps for adding / linking PinMechSound commands doesn't take long once you know how to add it to the table's specific items and events.

• Content Provider

ALL in One Example table and Tutorial (Future Pinball - BAM)

Add FizX, FLEEP, PUP SSF, DOF to any Future Pinball table! Easy!

What was once a daunting task, has now been made easy! Add the latest FizX v2.0 physics, FLEEP sounds, Ball Rolling sounds, PUP SSF and DOF to any Future Pinball table quickly and easily using this new All In One Example table and Tutorial!

I created a complete, and simple step by step written tutorial complete with pictures that's easy to follow along. I've also made an (optional) video guide to help you along!

This video is a non-stop (and non edited), start to finish example of me showing how to use this All in One Example Table (and my posted Tutorial) to easily update a Future Pinball table to support all these new features. You don't even need to have PUP or DOF installed to do this, or to play the completed table! If you do have DOF and PUP, then DOF and PUP SSF will work automatically!

This is typically the kind of thing that is done (on VP or FP) by multiple people over multiple days, or longer. Using this new FP AIO Example table and tutorial... I show that you can get it "all" done by yourself in a few hours or less!

JLou has updated FizX to v2.0 with loads of new features, and better optimization. New dynamic FLEEP ball hit sounds (based on all table materials) that works automatically on the entire table! (no extra code or triggers needed!)

As a result of these new updates, I also updated PinEvent V2's sound / SSF / ball rolling / PUP / DOF code to now automatically support FizX v2.0's dynamic ball hit sounds! This means you can get complete SSF for all ball hit sounds for the "entire" table automatically!

I decided to add those features into the FizX v2 example table into one section of code to create an All In One Example table for FizX, FLEEP, PUP SSF, Ball Rolling, and DOF! This means you can very easily copy one section of code from this example table to another FP table... add the needed models / sounds / textures.... and easily have all these features up and running! Much quicker and easier than before... and anyone can do it... even if you don't use PUP or DOF!

The All in One Example table and Tutorial can be found here:

Video Guide is here:

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

×