• Content Provider

Barracora (Williams 1981) w VR Room

A version of Barracora VPX was originally done by Dids and GtxJoe, however in this release, nearly everything was done or redone from scratch.  The original table size was incorrect, which required me to completely redo everything like I did on Jungle Lord.  The more I worked on this... the more I just redid everything... primitives, sounds, images, etc.  

Love this table... as its another great early 80's Williams table like Black Knight, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Pharaoh, etc.  This has a very complicated ruleset, but excellent game play, as well as challenging lock shots and hungry outlanes!  Table instructions are included in the Table info section, and there's a great tutorial by PAPA online.  

Included in this Version 2.0 is Hybrid VR/desktop/cabinet modes, new upscaled playfield, VPW physics, flipper tricks, dynamic shadows, Fleep sounds, Lampz, 3D inserts, new general illumination lighting, sling corrections, drop and stand-up targets, saucers, playfield mesh, various primitives, etc.  Significant time was spent on researching online videos, to ensure accuracy of shots, ball drops, kickouts, and overall playability.  I also created a desktop backglass with a cool lighting effect, as well as the VR backglass and other VR options. There are also some performance improvements, and I added a playfield mesh for the playfield, so there's a realistic bevel in the saucers. 

I would like to thank the VPW team for testing and feedback (especially Apophis, Tomate, Smaug, FriscoPinball, Bountybob, Lumi, Bietekwiet, Armyaviation, Wylte and all others who tested!) And... an additional thank you to Tomate for providing the lower rail primitive.

There are several options in the script.  Including VR, ball brightness, LUT lighting options, and you can turn the bell off if you don't like that sound.  
The LUT changes are done by holding cntl (or left mangasave) and then while holding, scroll through the options with the right magnasave.

This is a hybrid table done in VPX 10.72, and I have code in here to automatically choose between VR, desktop, and cabinet.   Additional options in the script include two VR environments, a VR clock, a topper, posters, and settings for dynamic shadows if you experience a performance hit

Thanks again to the VPW team for feedback!

There are two great b2s's out there... one by Wildman (https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/4220-barracora-williams-1981/), and one by Hauntfreaks if you would like the full dmd version (https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/12399-barracora-williams-1981-b2s-with-full-dmd/).  

• 1 month later...

LOVE the rework on this @UnclePaulie it looks and plays fantastic. HOWEVER, there are some visual issues in desktop mode. I realize your target was VR but I am DT only I'm afraid.

Primarily there are no sidewalls visible. I found in the script const cabsideblades =1 but no effect. Also scoured elements and found OuterPrimWalls which I assume would be side and back walls. I checkmarked 'visible', thinking "aha" but again, no effect :(

I added a lockdown bar and set wall height to 0 on the left siderail so its looking better but just need those inner side and back walls :) see pic attached. Thanks again for all the work you did on this!

barracora-no-outerprimwalls.jpg

• Content Provider
19 hours ago, Cliffy said:

LOVE the rework on this @UnclePaulie it looks and plays fantastic. HOWEVER, there are some visual issues in desktop mode. I realize your target was VR but I am DT only I'm afraid.

Primarily there are no sidewalls visible. I found in the script const cabsideblades =1 but no effect. Also scoured elements and found OuterPrimWalls which I assume would be side and back walls. I checkmarked 'visible', thinking "aha" but again, no effect :(

I added a lockdown bar and set wall height to 0 on the left siderail so its looking better but just need those inner side and back walls :) see pic attached. Thanks again for all the work you did on this!

Hi Cliffy.  The table was designed for all three modes, desktop, cab, and VR.  So, it's not targeted specifically for VR.  It's truly designed for all three.  Since I created a desktop backglass (which is not what you are using) the backscreen is black, as are the desktop sideblades.  (So, they were the same color and could not see the difference...)  Anyway, what happens is that the the desktop side blades are called out to be visible in the script during desktop mode.  For some reason the active material isn't allowing it to be displayed.  Also, the height was set too low (I didn't notice this, since the background is black).  So.. to fix this:  1) On layer, "Rails Shadows flipper trigger", you will find OuterPrimBlack_DT.  This is the primitive for the desktop side rails.  Select it.  On the "position" tab, change the "Z" value to -265.  (That will raise the height to the correct position).  2) Now the material will need to be change to not active.  In the "material manager" at the top of the table  (Table Tab, then Material Manager)... scroll down to "Plastic with an imageDTactive".   UNTICK the active button.  3) Save and play.

I can release an update later.  

• Content Provider
7 minutes ago, UnclePaulie said:

Hi Cliffy.  The table was designed for all three modes, desktop, cab, and VR.  So, it's not targeted specifically for VR.  It's truly designed for all three.  Since I created a desktop backglass (which is not what you are using) the backscreen is black, as are the desktop sideblades.  (So, they were the same color and could not see the difference...)  Anyway, what happens is that the the desktop side blades are called out to be visible in the script during desktop mode.  For some reason the active material isn't allowing it to be displayed.  Also, the height was set too low (I didn't notice this, since the background is black).  So.. to fix this:  1) On layer, "Rails Shadows flipper trigger", you will find OuterPrimBlack_DT.  This is the primitive for the desktop side rails.  Select it.  On the "position" tab, change the "Z" value to -265.  (That will raise the height to the correct position).  2) Now the material will need to be change to not active.  In the "material manager" at the top of the table  (Table Tab, then Material Manager)... scroll down to "Plastic with an imageDTactive".   UNTICK the active button.  3) Save and play.

Update released with the correction mentioned above.

1 hour ago, UnclePaulie said:

Thanks so much for the lesson unclepaulie. I would always prefer you teach me how to fish than have it handed to me. Thanks again!

• 11 months later...
On 2/12/2023 at 7:55 PM, Cliffy said:

Hi Cliffy, can you tell if its your mod, for your DT mode?

Because I don't have the "room" nor flyer and mini backglass at top-left side. Only segment displays, HIGH SCORE/CREDIT/BALL indicator, but black environment...

Thanks in advance.

Dominique.

13 minutes ago, DomiKamu said:

Hi Cliffy, can you tell if its your mod, for your DT mode?

Because I don't have the "room" nor flyer and mini backglass at top-left side. Only segment displays, HIGH SCORE/CREDIT/BALL indicator, but black environment...

Thanks in advance.

Dominique.

Yes I added my own backdrop but the backglass and fulldmd sideart is @hauntfreaks directb2s. 

Edited by Cliffy

22 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Yes I added my own backdrop but the backglass and fulldmd sideart is @hauntfreaks directb2s. 

Thank you for this precision! Also I've seen (but after my message) UnclePaulie have replied to you, too! (sometimes I'm a stupid old guy lol). I've discovered this table today, it's a fantastic table! The only thing I don't understand is when many players play, the best score have... a multiball (timed?) instead of a single "extra ball"... Don't know if this behavior is normal, or not.

Edited by DomiKamu