[New Future Pinball]JAWS - BIGGER BOAT EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

TerryRed

• Content Provider

JAWS - BIGGER BOAT EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

JAWS – BIGGER BOAT EDITION

Original Table created by: ROM

Ultimate Pro Update by: SLAMT1LT

BIGGER BOAT EDITION by TerryRed

Table version: 1.7 (Feb 2024)

======================================

What began as ROM’s classic Jaws table for Future Pinball, has evolved over the years from SLAMT1LT’s massive Ultimate Pro update, to my new BIGGER BOAT EDITON.

This table has been completely updated to use the newest modern BAM features to create an amazing real-time visual treat that will blow you away! Almost everything you see has been updated to the max and many cool additions have been added!

See new effects, such as the ramp spilling the blood of any ball eaten by the shark. New animated bumpers fill with bloody water. Gasp as you see victims reach out from the bumpers for help! Witness Ben Gardner’s dead corpse bob up and down. New animated water plastics, boat wheel and orca toys, Hooper’s tanks, buoy flashers, underwater VR room and more!

This table has been fully updated with FizX physics for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy physics on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball. You will be amazed at the difference!

image.thumb.png.03850ea73685c199bc0605600ed90dda.png

PinEvent V2

This table is also updated to fully support PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD). It has modern PUP DMD display options that can work with all setups. With it's crisp HD text and dazzling videos, it's sure to wow everyone who sees it.

image.thumb.png.65daa26f3a28f6c414bac76467f722a5.png

For a video walkthrough off all game modes and features, checkout this video:

To see the evolution of this table from ROM’s original table, to SLAMT1LT’s Ultimate Pro update, then to this Bigger Boat Edition, watch this video:

******** CONTRIBUTORS TO THE CREATION OF THIS TABLE ********

ROM: Jaws Pinball

- created and designed the excellent original table

- layout, script, code, gameplay, art, sounds, voice overs, music, models, animation

SLAMT1LT: Jaws - Ultimate Pro update

- many table updates from Ultimate Edition to Ultimate Pro

- massive new updates to script, code, sounds, voice overs, music, lighting

- many new additions to gameplay / modes, and new harpoon shooter

- "FP" HUD and backglass videos, DMD

- lots more stuff that went into making an awesome update

TerryRed: Jaws - BIGGER BOAT EDITION 1.0 - Oct 2022

- updates to the table, layout, code, sound, music, items, lighting, models, etc

- removed older items / surfaces / lights no longer used

- adjusted table geometry to allow for better ball flow

- updated BAM lighting and post processing

- updated entire table's G.I. and coloured lighting

- updated playfield artwork (sand) and used original "clean" artwork

- new insert models, lighting, textures, normal maps

- new BAM spotlights

- new artwork for plastics, apron, backbox, ramp, sidewalls, backwall

- new shadowmaps for G.I and flashers (made to work properly with ray cast ball shadows)

- new VR Room with animated water / caustics / detailed Orca model / shark model

- new animated boat wheel models and lights for slingshots

- new animated life saver bumpers models

- new bloody civilian death animations (arm and head models that pop up from bumper)

- new animated blood on Jaws ramp when ball is eaten

- new animated "water" effects on platics and bumpers

- new detailed Orca model and animation

- new Hooper's oxygen tank models

- new lights on the apron for harpoon and civilians

- new JAWS plunger lane sign with flasher, and plunger lane sand art

- new FLEEP mechanical sounds

- updated entire table for FizX physics

- PinEvent V2 support for DOF, SSF, PUP DMD, and PUP Stream

- added TABLE OPTIONS to customize many things on startup, and for performance, etc.

- a huge amount of work and lots of other updates and details I can't keep track of :)

Other contributors to this table:

Schlabber34: insert jewel images

FLEEP: mechanical sounds

JLou: FizX and support

ravarcade: BAM and support

Nailbuster: Pinup Player, PUP DMD, PUP SSF

Chris Leathley: Future Pinball

****** This table is a 3 player game ******

Desktop Static Camera Views (attract mode)

• during attract mode only, you can press plunger to toggle integrated static desktop camera views

• if you want to use your own BAM camera settings, or a FP camera view, then you must disable this feature in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script

During Gameplay, the following will fire the Harpoon Ball Launcher and act as a plunger

• Plunger button, Special 1 button, Special 2 button

====================================================================

BAM Ray Cast Ball Shadows:

• this table was created to look best with the new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows
  • this feature is ENABLED on the table script by default
  • this feature requires a fast video card, and will use much more of your GPU
  • if the table doesn’t run smooth, then your PC may not be fast enough to handle this feature (and you should disable it)

To disable this feature, you MUST disable it in TABLE OPTIONS (in the table script)

BAM Menu - Light and Post Processing settings:

• BAM Lighting and Post Processing settings are set by the table script and will ALWAYS override the user's settings
  • this is required to ensure that all lighting is set correctly at all times
  • on this table, you can make changes to the Ambient and Diffusion Lighting in the table script in TABLE OPTIONS

Physics: FizX v3.3

===================================================================

Game not running smooth? Try the following:

• run FP in Fullscreen, not Windowed
  • disable RayCast Ball Shadows in TABLE OPTIONS (in table script)
  • disable Reflections options in FP's Video / Rendering settings
  • reduce / disable Antialiasing in FP's Video / Rendering settings
  • disable any SSAO options in BAM plugins menu (disabled by default)

TABLE REQUIREMENTS (very important!)

• all Visual C Runtime updates
  • DirectX
  • Future Pinball
  • the latest BAM update
  • FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe patched for 4 GB access
  • BAM Settings files installed
  • FizX 1K ball model (for more accurate physics, default.zip in BAM folder)
  • the REQUIRED “Video / Rendering Options” and “Editor Options” in Future Pinball video settings

All of the above is included with the latest FP and BAM Essentials AIO package!

Super easy to use for a new install, or just to update your existing install. I recommend everyone install this package to ensure you have the latest required BAM updates.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/14807-future-pinball-and-bam-essentials-all-in-one-complete/

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (REQUIRED)

• PLEASE read the Install Instructions (included with the table's zip file)
  • it shows you how to check what version of BAM you have installed
  • it shows you how to install all the REQUIRED items above
  • it shows you how to easily setup FP and BAM with the REQUIRED settings
  • It's super easy, and only takes minutes to do!

How to run Future Pinball to play the table

PLEASE read the Install Instructions (included with the table's zip file) to know how to properly use FP and BAM

PROBLEMS?

Read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file. It tells you everything you need to know!

Table MODS

• please read the Disclaimer in the Install Instructions included with the table
  • please ask me first, as I am still updating this table

4Evms3A.jpg

Wh9iPhN.jpg

Nlxhj9G.jpg

BfwuQkO.jpg

DoZXGdO.jpg

2l4Rgua.jpg

68QhyRj.jpg

EOL1aDF.jpg

• Content Provider

"Quick fix for error when disabling the PUP Stream Billboard"

If you disabled the PUP Stream Billboard in TABLE OPTIONS, you would get this error. I have fixed the error and uploaded the fixed table. It's still version 1.1, just now with this fix.

Just redownload and install this fixed 1.1 table to replace the one you are using.

image.png.3fbec755654b9b197d32d40267bb908e.png

Finally have time to play and it looks I've done SOMETHING dumb!  I'm getting script error Line 2180.  Pinball meditation error 

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'xBAM.Manual Roller.

Has anybody run into this.  I know it's probably user error, but haven't figured it out yet!

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, jeffreco said:

Finally have time to play and it looks I've done SOMETHING dumb!  I'm getting script error Line 2180.  Pinball meditation error 

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'xBAM.Manual Roller.

Has anybody run into this.  I know it's probably user error, but haven't figured it out yet!

Yes, everyone who gets that error, was the result of not updating to the newest BAM update, and then patching both FP and BAM for 4GB after. Read the included install instructions with the table zip whch tells you how to do all this. Don't skip any steps.

Thanks Terry!  I had updated, but I think something went wrong!  I tried again after I posted and that did indeed solve it!  I just forgot to update the message!  Thanks for taking the time to respond, and thanks SO much for the tables.  They are my family's favorites!  

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
On 12/27/2022 at 11:51 AM, retroseriestv50 said:

First of all, thank you for the AWESOME Jaws table...it's incredible...but I'd like to make a comment that scares me because maybe I haven't configured it well...The backglass is a still photo...would you Have I lost something in the puppack?

The backglass is indeed a still image, if you are using 3 screen setup. The pup-pack for PinEvent V2 was completely updated to merge both the BG and FullDMD together as this was the only older PinEvent table that didn't work the same way as all others did.

• 2 months later...

I love this table thank you!

Though I'm needing help 

I have added the future pinball Jaws bigger boat table and pup pack. It runs perfectly if I load it manually in fploader. If I run it through pinup popper it goes through the loading process then the displays switch to the desktop and I can't alt tab into the the table either.... If I hit escape the pinup menu reappears..

Any idea what I did wrong?

Halloween plays just fine BTW.. It's only Jaws 

• 1 month later...

Awesome table! 

I just did a fresh install of Baller Installer.

I updated to the latest BAM and patched for 4gig

The table plays fine, but there are little white sparkly dots sprinkled around.

When the dots are on playfield inserts, they persist when the insert lights turn off.

There are lots of them on the ship steering wheels over the sling area.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

• Content Provider
On 5/11/2023 at 12:04 PM, WalterWhitmer said:

Awesome table! 

I just did a fresh install of Baller Installer.

I updated to the latest BAM and patched for 4gig

The table plays fine, but there are little white sparkly dots sprinkled around.

When the dots are on playfield inserts, they persist when the insert lights turn off.

There are lots of them on the ship steering wheels over the sling area.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

It means you are running at a lower resolution, or don't have AA, or both. Those dots are reflections from the main global light on surfaces with bump maps. At higher resolutions, they look more correct like shown in my screenshots and videos.

• 2 months later...

@TerryRed I ran into a problem during gameplay:

I was playing Barrel Multiball.  I knocked down the drop target, which should have added another ball.  It didn't.  I then proceeded to get my ball eaten by the shark.  After that the game just sat there waiting for the missing ball to drain.  I had to quit the game and re-load it.

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, MrGrynch said:

@TerryRed I ran into a problem during gameplay:

I was playing Barrel Multiball.  I knocked down the drop target, which should have added another ball.  It didn't.  I then proceeded to get my ball eaten by the shark.  After that the game just sat there waiting for the missing ball to drain.  I had to quit the game and re-load it.

Unless it happens regularly, it's hard to do anything. You could have had something like analogue nudge move the ball back down the vuk (and it could get stuck there).

Solution if that happens (which I've never seen it during normal gaemplay).... TILT... then it would kick that ball out, and the game will continue

55 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

Unless it happens regularly, it's hard to do anything. You could have had something like analogue nudge move the ball back down the vuk (and it could get stuck there).

Solution if that happens (which I've never seen it during normal gaemplay).... TILT... then it would kick that ball out, and the game will continue

Thanks.  I've been playing for a week straight and it only happened to me once.

This is my first table trying to setup FuturePinball on Desktop.  I've followed all the setup instructions, yet when I try to start the table I get an error that says:

Pinball Meditation Error
Script Error:  Line 2440
Variable is undefined:  'LeftFlipperExt'

This error appears after everything appears done loading and the table starts.  I'm not sure what to do here, so any help is appreciated.  

Thanks!

gPTIW4X.png

• 1 month later...

Edit:Worked it out mostly

Baller installer used FuturePinball where as the FP installer uses Future Pinball as folder names..

Still don't have plunger working though

I'm having trouble with this version (1.3 works fine)

I get an error (see attached file)

I've done the FP/BAM 2 in 1 update (definitely have the correct BAM.dll, which i already had anyway, but i still updated)

I've done the  FP/BAM essentials package

I've done the Visual C++ files (and rebooted)

copied over the cabinet settings file

checked the video settings etc..

But still get this issue

Also the plunger doesn't work with manual plunger (only the button works to draw back plunger)

20230926_095809.jpg

Edited by Krondorf

• 3 months later...

Thank you Terry for this awesome table! This is my first FP table and I love it! Question about DOF though. I have solenoids and a shaker and they don't seem to function with this game. I followed the guide and changed the script settings all to true. I also added the Pinevent to the custom launch in Popper. My Dof config tool was set up about 3 weeks ago and my Popper baller beta about 4 weeks ago. All the VPX tables have DOF working as it should. So, I must be missing something with FP. The DOF I installed was the 64bit version not the 32 if that has any impact on pinevent? Is there any advantage of installing both the 32 and 64 versions of DOF?

• Content Provider
20 hours ago, chevyman1966 said:

Thank you Terry for this awesome table! This is my first FP table and I love it! Question about DOF though. I have solenoids and a shaker and they don't seem to function with this game. I followed the guide and changed the script settings all to true. I also added the Pinevent to the custom launch in Popper. My Dof config tool was set up about 3 weeks ago and my Popper baller beta about 4 weeks ago. All the VPX tables have DOF working as it should. So, I must be missing something with FP. The DOF I installed was the 64bit version not the 32 if that has any impact on pinevent? Is there any advantage of installing both the 32 and 64 versions of DOF?

FP, FX3, DOFLinx, Popper are all 32 bit apps. So they require 32 bit DOF for DOF to work.

VPX was the only app that required 64 bit DOF. (The newer FX may eventually need 64 bit DOFLinx).

Well, I installed the 32 bit DOF and now with FP my playfield will not show up on my main monitor. It seems to be hidden behind the dmd or something. My main monitor just shows my normal windows desktop while in game. I tested with Jaws and Retroflair and both are the same situation. But, I can hear my solenoids clicking now so I think the 32 bit install took care of that issue at least. Any idea on the playfield situation? Thanks.

Ok, I went into the video settings in FP and somehow the playfield ended up on monitor 2 along with the backglass. No clue why this happened. I was playing Jaws before with no issues but just without DOF. Anyway, all is working properly now. Thank you for the help with the 32 bit info.