[New VPX Alert]Dukes of Hazzard Pinball 2022 Table and PupPack

Dukes of Hazzard Pinball 2022 Table and PupPack

Dukes of Hazzard Pinball 2022 Table and Pup Pack Gameplay

DUKES OF HAZZARD 2022 TABLE AND PUP PACK BROUGHT TO YOU BY CAPNCLAW

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU

32assassin, for the incredible original High Speed table
Chokeee, for allowing me to work with his fantastic mod of the High Speed table
Naibuster and Team, for the amazing PUP system, without you guys none of this would be possible
VPNation, for running such a kick ass FB Group with amazing members
The Entire VP Community, for freely sharing your knowledge and awesome creations
Hawkeyez88 for optimizing the file sizes in the Pup Pack

A Special Thanks to Smaug for his Support and Guidance!

If I have missed anyone please let me know and I will amend. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few notes on this...

Please dont use the VR option on this table as it likely will not work as I never worked on anything related to VR
It is highly recommended you play with the PUP Pack as almost all sounds/triggers are generated from the PUP Pack
This Pup Pack uses "PupCapture" triggers in some cases so the External DMD must be on
The table requires you to add a line in the VPMalias text file in your VPINMAME folder. You can copy and paste the line found in the Install Instructions below
The table has script built in that turns on the External DMD automatically and shuts it off again on Table Exit
The table has script built in to automatically mute the rom and then unmute the rom on Table Exit as to not interfere with the actual High Speed table
Custom Backglass created for Full DMD Pup Pack Users for their Backglass Screen
I have included a media Wheel file for your use in the Pinup System as well

GET THE HIDEOUT JACKPOT… CATCH THE BAD GUYS... SAVE HAZZARD COUNTY!
Advance the ramp light to red, shoot the ramp to start a Hazzard Police Chase! Shoot the ramp again for a getaway from Roscoe and company,
this triggers Multi-Ball, shoot the ramp during Mult-Ball to get the jackpot and catch the bad guys! Save the day for the fine folks of Hazzard County!

AN OUT OF THIS WORLD SURPRISE AWAITS WHEN YOU GET THE SPECIAL
Light the Special by turning the Ramp Light Red twice in a game

A Special is awarded when the ball rolls over the lit Special in either the left or right outlane

DUKES OF HAZZARD 2022 PLAY SUMMARY

Make Stoplight Targets to change Ramp Stoplight from Green to Yellow to Red.
Eject Hole and Ramp spot Stoplight Lamp.
Shoot Ball up Ramp to run Red Stoplight, starting Police Chase.
Shoot Ball up Ramp DURING Police Chase to make a Getaway from Roscoe and Company and Begin *Multi-Ball* Play.
Shoot Ball up Ramp DURING *Multi-Ball* Play to WIN Hideout Jackpot and Catch the Bad Guys. The Citizens of Hazzard will Thank You!
Flipper return lanes light timed Freeway Arrow.
Shooting up Lit Freeway scores and advances Freeway value toward Extra Ball.
Each ball: 1st Freeway Shot lights Flipper Lanes; 2nd lights Spinners; 3rd lights Hold Bonus.
Flashing 1-6 Targets Advances Ramp value and lights Kickback.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

*** PLEASE NOTE EXTERNAL DMD MUST BE VISIBLE IN ORDER FOR THE PUP CAPTURE TRIGGERS TO WORK ***

Option 1 - PUP on Full DMD

Unzip the file to a temporary location and copy the "dukes" folder to your PuP Videos folder

Run the "Option 1 - Pup on FullDMD" .bat file in the "dukes" folder

Edit your VPMAlias.txt file found in your VPINMame folder and add the following line to it 
dukes,hs_l4

Copy the table and backglass files to your "Tables" folder

Move/Resize/Save the position for the External DMD when into place with the frame provided in the bottom of the PUP Overlay

Option 2 - PUP on Backglass External DMD Separate

Unzip the file to a temporary location and copy the puppack "dukes" folder to your PuP Videos folder

Run the "Option 2 - Pup on BG Ext DMD Separate" .bat file in the "dukes" folder

Edit your VPMAlias.txt file found in your VPINMame folder and add the following line to it 
dukes,hs_l4

Copy ONLY THE TABLE to your "Tables" folder, if you use the Backglass it will interfere with the PUP pack on your Backglass screen

Option 3 - PUP on Backglass with External DMD

Unzip the file to a temporary location and copy the puppack "dukes" folder to your PuP Videos folder

Run the "Option 3 - Pup on BG with Ext DMD" .bat file in the "dukes" folder

dukes,hs_l4

Copy ONLY THE TABLE to your "Tables" folder, if you use the Backglass it will interfere with the PUP pack on your Backglass screen

Move/Resize/Save the position for the External DMD when into place with the frame provided in the bottom of the PUP Overlay

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Darkseid001 said:

not working added the line to the mame file says cant find game dukes

I presume you mean you added the dukes,hs_l4 to your vpmalias.txt file. Do you have the hs_l4 rom in your vpinmame\roms folder? When you run setup.exe in your vpinmame folder and click test do you see the hs_l4 rom listed and with an 'x' to the right? Highlight the rom and click check roms- does it show as good to use?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 5:50 AM, ASPitu said:

Hello, I have done all the steps to the letter and this one also gives me an error

Did you get this pup pack to work yet, ASPitu? Cliffy is right with the answer he gave. You just open your Visual Pinball folder, select and open the VPinMame folder, then scroll down til you find the vpmalias.txt file. Open that up and add a new line underneath all the rest that simply says  dukes,hs_l4. Save the file then reopen the table. As long as you have the zipped up file named hs_l4 in your roms folder of VPinMame, then that should get rid of your Gamename error. Side note, but important note:  in the rom name hs_l4....the l is not a number one, it is the letter "L" as in Larry.

as born in 71 i grew up with Dukes of Hazzard, loved the series, and still do if i watch it !

Wanted this game to give it a try, installed everything as i read in the text file......

😢 i get the message (when starting the table) ==>  Cant Start Gamedukes GameName Not Found <==

i use the romfile of highspeed hs_l4, did this : Edit your VPMAlias.txt file found in your VPINMame folder and add the following line to it
dukes,hs_l4

Copy the table and backglass files to your "Tables" folder, do you mean the mp4  from the puppack
Dukes of Hazzard Full DMD 2.mp4 -- Background_Backglass folder ?
please.....want to hear that yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa"
Greetzz

Cant Start Gamedukes GameName Not Found.png

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 11:54 AM, Cliffy said:

I presume you mean you added the dukes,hs_l4 to your vpmalias.txt file. Do you have the hs_l4 rom in your vpinmame\roms folder? When you run setup.exe in your vpinmame folder and click test do you see the hs_l4 rom listed and with an 'x' to the right? Highlight the rom and click check roms- does it show as good to use?

cant start game name dukes not found then the table loads and the ball never loads in

• 4 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 8:54 AM, Cliffy said:

i have same error, completed all steps and everything else recommended on this thread. gamedukes not found. I still get the error plus this     error Line 4127 Controller.Games("hs_l4").Settings.Value("sound") = 1

Edited by anxietyinstallz
cant delete it

On 12/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, Mystically71 said:

as born in 71 i grew up with Dukes of Hazzard, loved the series, and still do if i watch it !

Wanted this game to give it a try, installed everything as i read in the text file......

😢 i get the message (when starting the table) ==>  Cant Start Gamedukes GameName Not Found <==

i use the romfile of highspeed hs_l4, did this : Edit your VPMAlias.txt file found in your VPINMame folder and add the following line to it
dukes,hs_l4

Copy the table and backglass files to your "Tables" folder, do you mean the mp4  from the puppack
Dukes of Hazzard Full DMD 2.mp4 -- Background_Backglass folder ?
please.....want to hear that yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa"
Greetzz

Cant Start Gamedukes GameName Not Found.png

followed instructions, still get error, gamedukes not found,  it says    line 4127     Controller.Games("hs_l4").Settings.Value("sound") = 1

5 hours ago, Cliffy said:

what version of vpinmame do you have installed? Did you actually click the install button? You need to be on at least 3.5 but 3.6 is out now too.

hs_l4-rom.jpg

hs_l4-rom2.jpg

hs_l4-rom3.jpg

yes i followed that instruction as well all the others above.. I have been on 3.6 pinmame since the update dropped. this is the only table out of 170 i am having a issue with. the test on the rom fires up the dmd and says factory settings, the rom seems ok. line added to pinmamealias.txt, ran puppack to fulldmd bat file, tested pinmame version 3.6.

When i run the table i first get gamedukes not found error, the the script error, line 4127     Controller.Games("hs_l4").Settings.Value("sound") = 1

Edited by anxietyinstallz

2 hours ago, anxietyinstallz said:

yes i followed that instruction as well all the others above.. I have been on 3.6 pinmame since the update dropped. this is the only table out of 170 i am having a issue with. the test on the rom fires up the dmd and says factory settings, the rom seems ok. line added to pinmamealias.txt, ran puppack to fulldmd bat file, tested pinmame version 3.6.

When i run the table i first get gamedukes not found error, the the script error, line 4127     Controller.Games("hs_l4").Settings.Value("sound") = 1

Ok go run the rom in setup again and click game options, click reset. This should clear the nvram and clear the factory adjust  and allow the rom to accept coins. Check options again and make sure use sound is checked.

That script error means at the end of the game and upon closing set the game rom sound back to 1 (on). This is a way in the script to turn the rom sounds off during play and on again at the end. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2023 at 10:46 PM, Cliffy said:

Ok go run the rom in setup again and click game options, click reset. This should clear the nvram and clear the factory adjust  and allow the rom to accept coins. Check options again and make sure use sound is checked.

That script error means at the end of the game and upon closing set the game rom sound back to 1 (on). This is a way in the script to turn the rom sounds off during play and on again at the end. 

well this is embarrasing, i was in the wrong pinmame alias folder, i guess there are 2