[New Future Pinball]Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2 - FizX 3.3)

TerryRed

• Content Provider

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2 - FizX 3.3)

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION

Original Ultimate Pro table by SLAMT1LT

GALACTIC EDITION by TerryRed

Table version: 1.7 (Feb 2024)

A long time ago (2005) on a pinball editor far, far away... this table started its long journey.

First it started as the Sci-Fi Classic example table in 2005. Then SLAMT1LT created his Star Wars mod in 2010, which then evolved over the years to his Ultra version, then his Ultimate version, then finally his Ultimate Pro 1.06 version in 2020. I then updated that table with my Epic Space Battles mod in 2021, and then for PinEvent afterward.

In 2022, I present my massive GALACTIC EDITION update!

This table has been completely updated and modernized to use the newest BAM features to create an amazing real-time visual treat that will blow you away! Almost everything you saw before has been updated to the max (or replaced) and many cool new additions have been added!

Epic Space Battles were just the beginning. This table is so big it requires you to patch FP and BAM to allow them to access 4 GB of ram, just to run it! I highly recommend you watch the "evolution" video below to see many of the new features.

This table has been fully updated with FizX for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. The old Future Pinball physics are GONE! FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball. You will be amazed at the difference!

image.thumb.png.5b14c487279be8f7934842ba7e41d539.png

PinEvent V2

This table is also updated to fully support PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD). It has modern PUP DMD display options that can work with all setups. With it's crisp HD text and dazzling videos, it's sure to wow everyone who sees it.

image.thumb.png.8172d01753e20bfe32faa90254ba3b9f.png

====================================================

Some of the new features and updates:

- complete overhaul of the table to both modernize it and removal of older unused items

- new light inserts models with normal maps

- new 4K art for playfield, plastics, decals, apron, backbox, etc

- new updated shadowmaps for GI, flashers, lightsabers (for new coloured lighting and shadows), and suited for new ray cast shadows

- new shadow layer overlays that appears over decals, but not over openings on the pf

- new ambient shadows on the pf and plastics

- new fully updated lighting

- new beacon flasher

- new colour changeable wireramps

- new lightsaber models, and updated glow and lighting effects

- new models for Death Star, R2-D2, Millenium Falcon

- new updated R2-D2 hologram

- trench run plungerlane model

- new 3d docking bay window on the backwall with flyby space ships

- new fully animated turbo laser cannon that track flyby ships and fires at them when the bumpers are hit (or the player presses buttons)

- x-wing, tie fighter, vader tie fighter, y-wing ships that fly by

- space battles that have x-wings / tie fighters / laser blasts / explosions flying all around the game

- epic Death Star explosion effect!

- animated characters for Darth Vader, Yoda, C3PO, Stormtroopers, Pilot Luke Skywalker, GNK Droid

- VR room with spaceship hallway, planets, space, flying ships

- Star Wars arcade game easter egg (behind the player)

- BB-8 animated ball option (thanks Gimli)

- new 128x32 FP DMD

- new attract mode with Darth Vader's DISCO-RAMA with all characters dancing and animated colour changing spotlights... and new remastered Star Wars Disco theme music

- new PinEvent V2 support for DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD, PUP Stream, etc

- loads of other fixes, new details and other things I've lost track of...

This all combined makes for the most explosive and visually stunning Star Wars table you've ever seen! Pure adrenaline!

Thanks to SLAMT1LT for making such a great table to add all this to!

The WIP thread for the table can be seen here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/7483-star-wars-death-star-assault-galactic-edition-the-most-amazing-star-wars-table-ever-made/#comment-64389

For a video preview of this table in action (before the FizX update) check out this video:

To see a video that shows the evolution of this table from 2005 to 2022, and how I updated the table, watch this video:

Thanks of course to these awesome contributors:

SLAMT1LT: original Ultimate Pro table

TerryRed: GALACTIC EDITION table

Matt Ellis: original Sci-Fi Classic table / layout

Gimli: BB-8 ball and animation code

Wild: original idea to add X-Wing and Death Star

Schlabber34: insert jewel images

FLEEP: mechanical sounds

Fuzzel: original Vader Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Turbo Laser cannon models

JLou - FizX and support

ravarcade: BAM and support

Nailbuster: Pinup Player, PUP DMD, PUP SSF

Chris Leathley: Future Pinball

DISCLAIMER:

This table is a fan-made work of passion, and is NOT intended for commercial usage or to be included in any part of a commercial sale!

****** This table is a 4 player game ******

Desktop Static Camera Views

In TABLE OPTIONS in the table script, you can change to a different static view (integrated into the table)

While in Attract mode, the following options can be changed:

• Left Flipper: change lightsaber colour
  • Right Flipper: BB-8 ball, chrome ball
  • Plunger button: wire ramp colours (blue / red, chrome / chrome, lightsaber colour / red)
  • Special 1: change backglass art
  • Special 2: toggle lightsabers on / off

When the ball is in the plungerlane, the following will launch the ball:

Plunger button, Left / Special 1 / Special 2

During Gameplay, the following will fire the Turbo Laser Cannon (just for fun)

Plunger button, Left / Special 1 / Special 2

Second Stage Flippers

• this table supports second stage flippers for cabinet players with this setup
  • this needs to be enabled in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
  • ensure that your Second Flippers are setup in FP Control Settings
  • ensure that your Special 1 and Special 2 keys / buttons are NOT the same keys / buttons as Second Flippers! (they are by default)

====================================================================

BAM Ray Cast Ball Shadows:

• this table was created to look best with the new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows
  • this feature is ENABLED on the table script by default
  • this feature requires a fast video card, and will use much more of your GPU
  • if the table doesn’t run smooth, then your PC may not be fast enough to handle this feature (and you should disable it)

To disable this feature, you MUST “first” disable it in TABLE OPTIONS (in the table script)

BAM Menu - Light and Post Processing settings:

• BAM Lighting and Post Processing settings are set by the table script and will ALWAYS override the user's settings
  • this is required to ensure that all lighting is set correctly at all times
  • on this table, you can make changes to the Ambient and Diffusion Lighting in the table script in TABLE OPTIONS

Physics: FizX v3.3

===================================================================

Game not running smooth? Try the following:

• run FP in Fullscreen, not Windowed
  • disable RayCast Ball Shadows in TABLE OPTIONS (in table script)
  • disable Reflections options in FP's Video / Rendering settings
  • reduce / disable Antialiasing in FP's Video / Rendering settings
  • disable any SSAO options in BAM plugins menu (disabled by default)

TABLE REQUIREMENTS (very important!)

• all Visual C Runtime updates
  • DirectX
  • Future Pinball
  • the latest BAM update
  • FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe patched for 4 GB access
  • BAM Settings files installed
  • FizX 1K ball model (for more accurate physics, default.zip in BAM folder)
  • the REQUIRED “Video / Rendering Options” and “Editor Options” in Future Pinball video settings

All of the above is included with the latest FP and BAM Essentials AIO package!

Super easy to use for a new install, or just to update your existing install. I recommend everyone install this package to ensure you have the latest required BAM updates.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/14807-future-pinball-and-bam-essentials-all-in-one-complete/

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (REQUIRED)

• PLEASE read the Install Instructions (included with the table's zip file)
  • it shows you how to check what version of BAM you have installed
  • it shows you how to install all the REQUIRED items above
  • it shows you how to easily setup FP and BAM with the REQUIRED settings
  • It's super easy, and only takes minutes to do!

How to run Future Pinball to play the table

PLEASE read the Install Instructions (included with the table's zip file) to know how to properly use FP and BAM

PROBLEMS?

Read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file. It tells you everything you need to know!

Table MODS

• please read the Disclaimer in the Install Instructions included with the table
  • please ask me first, as I am still updating this table

image.thumb.png.6f189bad62a67f53674eaa4b650cb8ec.png

image.thumb.png.8285c205296349af52b928561191b94c.png

image.thumb.png.8322c99c8b84b6615350c7fb8ad9254f.png

image.thumb.png.e5b6ec93d907b47c0f1d3198bfe60dd5.png

image.thumb.png.b541cd8b041870af68e4b27c68918351.png

image.thumb.png.3a735490a332f371fb99f4fc35757fa2.png

image.thumb.png.836d100fa23b305b94e2c8f8211c63b8.png

image.thumb.png.9d9e7635b4f9cdf54d9c20de4707be32.png

Amazing Table @TerryRed Really shows off what you can do with BAM. I do have one problem, not sure if its a bug or anything but wanted to bring to your attention. When I change the backglass art in table, it changes to the one I choose, but then about 5-10 seconds later it changes to the default one again. I also went into script "Backglass_Art = 1   '1 = default, 2 = option 2, 3 = option 3" and changed that to 2 and tried 3 also, but keeps defaulting to default backglass art. Ive saved script, saved table, closed FP and tried again, but I keep getting default art even though the option remains whatever i put in the script. Just wondering if that is a bug, etc. Thought I'd Let you know. 

Resolved.

Like others have said... this table is AWESOME!!

Small issue for me, the cannon fires with my magna save, plunger button.. but also my left flipper every time I press it.  I don't have that flipper mapped to anything else... maybe an easy solution?  Thx

Edited by BrentsLane
resolved

@TerryRed Minor question, in all of your videos (assumed VR?) That back viewport is nice and wide and you can really see the planet, space and passing ships.  With the POV for the cabinet mode (using supplied cfg), that window is really squished and you can't see much at all.  Is this set up as you intended it to be for cab POV?  I admit I've not played with FP POV settings.  I'm more familiar with VPX's settings

IMG_1596.thumb.JPG.37927c27ea9591240fd2d75ccbe4ba67.JPG

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, MrGrynch said:

@TerryRed Minor question, in all of your videos (assumed VR?) That back viewport is nice and wide and you can really see the planet, space and passing ships.  With the POV for the cabinet mode (using supplied cfg), that window is really squished and you can't see much at all.  Is this set up as you intended it to be for cab POV?  I admit I've not played with FP POV settings.  I'm more familiar with VPX's settings

IMG_1596.thumb.JPG.37927c27ea9591240fd2d75ccbe4ba67.JPG

Yes that is normal for cabinet pov. You can't see much of that window from that angle. Only in desktop / vr will you see it better. My videos all were played in desktop mode.

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, BrentsLane said:

Like others have said... this table is AWESOME!!

Small issue for me, the cannon fires with my magna save, plunger button.. but also my left flipper every time I press it.  I don't have that flipper mapped to anything else... maybe an easy solution?  Thx

You have something mapped to the 2nd flippers most likely and enabled second stage flippers? Both the Special (magna) and 2nd flipper keys are mapped to the same keys by default. You need to make sure they are not both mapped the same.

This was also covered i the FAQ of the install instructions.

image.thumb.png.698e7ae8c04f8afbd3417c5211712cb2.png

• Content Provider
20 hours ago, PsychoKiller said:

Amazing Table @TerryRed Really shows off what you can do with BAM. I do have one problem, not sure if its a bug or anything but wanted to bring to your attention. When I change the backglass art in table, it changes to the one I choose, but then about 5-10 seconds later it changes to the default one again. I also went into script "Backglass_Art = 1   '1 = default, 2 = option 2, 3 = option 3" and changed that to 2 and tried 3 also, but keeps defaulting to default backglass art. Ive saved script, saved table, closed FP and tried again, but I keep getting default art even though the option remains whatever i put in the script. Just wondering if that is a bug, etc. Thought I'd Let you know. 

The backglass options in script work with the FP backglass art in-game, but not for the pup-pack (you have to manually change that during attract, or you can rename the media files for the backglass art). It's a startup timing difference between the table and pup I can't get around.

If you are using a cabinet and have pupstream enabled... and you don't have the FP backglass and arcade mode disabled (which you should for PinEvent tables), then what is happening is pupstream kicks in, and then by default that will only show the default backglass on the FP backbox (since pupstream by default is not streaming the pup backglass).

1 hour ago, TerryRed said:

You have something mapped to the 2nd flippers most likely and enabled second stage flippers? Both the Special (magna) and 2nd flipper keys are mapped to the same keys by default. You need to make sure they are not both mapped the same.

This was also covered i the FAQ of the install instructions.

image.thumb.png.698e7ae8c04f8afbd3417c5211712cb2.png

ah... I missed that... the damn special key isn't so special!  :) Thx

Amazing as usual, I only use your tables in fp /bam because you lay it out step by step. Unfortunately this morning sonic was working fine in pinevent 2.0. But I updated bam as instructed,  saved my 3 files that save my settings, applied the 4gb patch. Even reinstalled the Microsoft files . 

I now have a stretched out looking table (mostly r2d2) , I also have the future pinball watermark on every future pinball table I've tried today. I remember reading abiut that in the guide.

I do get a pinball mediation error

Script error:Line 0

Unable to load external script" pinevent_V2_settings.txt"

16587837058215030903585328474139.jpg

16587838034435494094847204831419.jpg

6 hours ago, TerryRed said:

The backglass options in script work with the FP backglass art in-game, but not for the pup-pack (you have to manually change that during attract, or you can rename the media files for the backglass art). It's a startup timing difference between the table and pup I can't get around.

If you are using a cabinet and have pupstream enabled... and you don't have the FP backglass and arcade mode disabled (which you should for PinEvent tables), then what is happening is pupstream kicks in, and then by default that will only show the default backglass on the FP backbox (since pupstream by default is not streaming the pup backglass).

I do not have pup stream enabled, and during attract mode, I change it, but after about 10 sec it changes back to default. I will try to rename the file the the art I want to use. Thanks again Terry. Your amazing!

• Content Provider
19 hours ago, jtravapd said:

Amazing as usual, I only use your tables in fp /bam because you lay it out step by step. Unfortunately this morning sonic was working fine in pinevent 2.0. But I updated bam as instructed,  saved my 3 files that save my settings, applied the 4gb patch. Even reinstalled the Microsoft files . 

I now have a stretched out looking table (mostly r2d2) , I also have the future pinball watermark on every future pinball table I've tried today. I remember reading abiut that in the guide.

I do get a pinball mediation error

Script error:Line 0

Unable to load external script" pinevent_V2_settings.txt"

16587837058215030903585328474139.jpg

16587838034435494094847204831419.jpg

Be sure you have the table in the FuturePinball\ \Tables folder. If you run it from other locations... it won't work.

Other than that... be sure you don't have Defender, UAC, or anything else restricting the new update and 4 GB patch from working.

8 hours ago, TerryRed said:

Be sure you have the table in the FuturePinball\ \Tables folder. If you run it from other locations... it won't work.

Other than that... be sure you don't have Defender, UAC, or anything else restricting the new update and 4 GB patch from working.

I def successfully patched the 4gb filed, do you know what would cause the error message I posted ? It seemed weird that being the only .txt file in that folder. If not, is there a way I can start from scratch and reinstall future pinball?  

I put thr game in with all my other future pinball tables. it in that folder, and I have my windows 10 pretty much locked down with the programs everyone uses. So, I have no virus scanner at all and no updates etc. 

It started out as that error message about the line 0 in the .txt file. And then I started from thr guide 3.0 I think and I used your 3 files for cabinet , and after doing so is when the future pinball logo appeared again on every table, everything is a mess now.  I went right in a row following your instructions, then used your guide and I gave up. I spent probably 4 hours today trying to undo it, I just quit. My only hope is if I can  find someone to pay to log in and remote fix it my future pinball collection, or I try using a backup I have from March and I lose every table and art etc I've done since then. 

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, jtravapd said:

I def successfully patched the 4gb filed, do you know what would cause the error message I posted ? It seemed weird that being the only .txt file in that folder. If not, is there a way I can start from scratch and reinstall future pinball?  

I put thr game in with all my other future pinball tables. it in that folder, and I have my windows 10 pretty much locked down with the programs everyone uses. So, I have no virus scanner at all and no updates etc. 

It started out as that error message about the line 0 in the .txt file. And then I started from thr guide 3.0 I think and I used your 3 files for cabinet , and after doing so is when the future pinball logo appeared again on every table, everything is a mess now.  I went right in a row following your instructions, then used your guide and I gave up. I spent probably 4 hours today trying to undo it, I just quit. My only hope is if I can  find someone to pay to log in and remote fix it my future pinball collection, or I try using a backup I have from March and I lose every table and art etc I've done since then. 

1000's of people have installed the same software and done the same BAM updates and the same 4 GB patch and using the same BAM config files. They got all of it working. I get it can be frustrating... but this is how it is when dealing with Windows updates / restrictions and virtual pinball related apps.

Most who have problems either updated something wrong... installed the BAM update incorrectly or to the wrong location (usually when using the installer update instead of the zip)... forgot to apply the 4 GB patch after updating BAM... forgot to apply Windows 8 Compatibility afterward... didn't copy over the correct BAM cfg files.... or something on their system either blocked a file, or is restricting BAM from working correctly... which gives those kind of errors. Most VP and FP players have Defender completely disabled. Sometimes you need to restart (reboot) your PC.

You can always backup / rename your current installed folder of FP... and then follow the instructions included with the table to install FP and BAM, etc again. Everything you need for FP and BAM and the needed links is all there in order. Then you can copy FP tables / libraries / etc to the new folder if you get it working correctly.

7 hours ago, TerryRed said:

1000's of people have installed the same software and done the same BAM updates and the same 4 GB patch and using the same BAM config files. They got all of it working. I get it can be frustrating... but this is how it is when dealing with Windows updates / restrictions and virtual pinball related apps.

Most who have problems either updated something wrong... installed the BAM update incorrectly or to the wrong location (usually when using the installer update instead of the zip)... forgot to apply the 4 GB patch after updating BAM... forgot to apply Windows 8 Compatibility afterward... didn't copy over the correct BAM cfg files.... or something on their system either blocked a file, or is restricting BAM from working correctly... which gives those kind of errors. Most VP and FP players have Defender completely disabled. Sometimes you need to restart (reboot) your PC.

You can always backup / rename your current installed folder of FP... and then follow the instructions included with the table to install FP and BAM, etc again. Everything you need for FP and BAM and the needed links is all there in order. Then you can copy FP tables / libraries / etc to the new folder if you get it working correctly.

The problem is my only error I was getting was that one single line 0 error for the new table. At that point , everything was installed correctly, except like you said probably a file in the wrong folder. I was able to still play the new table but had that error. 

Trying to fix that issue is when I broke everything. I won't say broken. It's only settings are messed up. I can guarantee if I could somehow set BAM back working correctly probably everything would work. Right now, Besides the logo, I'm not getting thr full dmd sometimes or the tables just don't fit the screen correctly. 

I went through the guide again and used your 3cabinet  files hoping maybe it would fix things back to normal, I also ran the 4k registry file. No luck. I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with the game, I had only that one error, but now everything is off.  It's been stressful because I decided to build my first czbinet after having a atgames one, started it, had some medical issues, then swear to God, I finished my build the night you released the table. But jt was 2am and I finally had dof all setup and working etc. So went to bed. Got up at 7am and immediately came here for your table.  Then we'll you know the rest of the story. 

• Content Provider

In my FP and BAM Guide zip file.... there are 3 BAM settings files you need that will put BAM back to how it should be for cabinet users.

I have files for desktop and cabinet. Make sure use the Cabinet settings files. The files you need are:

Reality.dat

Default.cfg

Bam.cfg

Copy those to your BAM folder.

Run FP with a table you knew worked before. When the table starts up you should see a proper cabinet view.... there should be no DMD / score display on the upper left of the playfield.... and the FP logo should fade away after 10 seconds.

If you are not seeing that... then my concern is that maybe when applying the BAM update, or copying files... you may have them in the wrong place. I've seen people update BAM using the installer and not the zip, and they end up installing another FP and BAM to a completely different folder than what they had before, which messes up things, etc.

Don't try fixing "everything" at once. Deal with getting tables and BAM correct... then worry about PUP, etc after that.

Your FP video settings most likely have something off as well (if using registry settings file, etc). Make sure Windows display settings are set to 100 for Text Scaling all monitors. You have them in order of PF, BG, DMD, etc left to right. Then reboot. Then run FP and check your FP video settings and make sure they are correct. Sometimes the DISPLAY # for your PF or Backbox in FP is the wrong display # in FP. It may not match what Windows shows, but you need to figure out which ones work correctly for each. Sometimes you just need to disable the FP Backbox... test... then enable the back box.... test... and if its not right, then change the backbox to a different display #, etc.

Then test some simpler tables (you can always try a New table from the editor). Make sure they are working first before worrying about PUP-Packs / FullDMD, etc.

I also am recovering from health issues. I had a stroke back in Oct and have been work at home since , and I'm waiting for heart surgery in the Fall now. So my energy levels are exhausted most of the time. I don't do remote stuff... otherwise I would never have time to do much of anything else... which is why I made the Guides to help others. The reality is... if you don't understand Windows or don't understand how the software is working (FP/VP, etc)... then you will eventually get stuck and frustrated. It's why I made those guides to help other understand things so they can help themselves more.... as sooner or later... Windows updates.... or another update is needed... and stuff messes up. I can only hep so far when it comes to Windows.

If really stuck... backup / rename your current FP folder... then try a new FP-BAM install following my instructions for this table in order... don't skip any. Try the New table, or a installing a table (and its included files, etc).... and go from there. You always have your backup of FP to go back to... but you need to understand how to get FP settings correct... and BAM settings correct. I guarantee you... sooner or later something will mess up again at some point.... it's Windows.

• Content Provider

Manu had me on his Mystery Pinball Theatre 3000 show talking about Star Wars DSA: GE.

I'm still recovering from the stroke (awaiting heart surgery until the fall now)... so my sleep and energy is all over the place... but its so nice to be able to do this kind of thing when I have the chance. It was a good time.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1543962458

image.thumb.png.0ad73a0d8d2ac2e2d8de75360307f589.png

I hope you recover fast Terry. I hear that although Canada has great health system, that the wait times for major things are super long. I hope you get some rest and take it easy. You health is main priority for you and your family. I am glad that you still can enjoy your hobby. Your work is amazing. Take Care. 

• 4 weeks later...

Resolved!  - I was able to restore an old FP folder copy and stepped it through one step at a time again to pinpoint the issue but it didn’t occur again.  Updated BAM, 4gb patch, and checked my pin event cfg file.  All good now.  Well except…. When I try to run PUP, PUP Player crashes.  I don’t run PUPs on FP on my two screen setup right now so no bigee.  PUPs run fine on VPX.  I disabled the 3 pinevent v2 settings in the script for now.

Thanks for all the work and passion on this Terry!  Tried to load up the Galactic Ed for the first time.  I upgraded my BAM to 351, patched for the 4gb patch, made sure I was running the most up to date PUPPlayer (even though I haven’t run Player for any other FP tables yet).  I don’t have DOF installed/configured.  Other tables including old SWDSA version are running fine.

I am running on my old reliable Bulldozer AMD FX-8350 8core, Radeon RX 580 8gb, with 16gb RAM.

I have a 2 screen setup 1080p main playfield and a 1280x1050 backglass (I think - nonstandard these days).  I followed the guide and double checked all suggestions.  I tried running as Win8 compat, admin, AV disabled, folder exceptioned, etc.  It seemed to run without error the first time but was very choppy and stuttering.  I rebooted and retried.  Now it loads and runs BUT nothing I have tried will get rid of this Meditation error.  Any thoughts of suggestions?  TIA!

90C2FF54-37E2-4EBB-BF11-8FD4270BE266.jpeg

Edited by InfntyX2
Resolved update

• 2 weeks later...

Just when you think it can't get any better.... it does! Thanks Terry! I have a couple questions regarding the 8k ball zip. This will be the first time I'm trying it. I followed the destructions and renamed it to the table name zip and the guide says copy to the Tables folder. I have all my tables in their own folder under Tables so do I copy to the root Tables folder or the game folder? My intent is only to use it on this game, for now.

Secondly, do I then need to change to the chrome ball or does the 8k poly ball work with BB8?

Super thanks again Terry and FizX team- you never cease to amaze

• Content Provider
On 8/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, Cliffy said:

Just when you think it can't get any better.... it does! Thanks Terry! I have a couple questions regarding the 8k ball zip. This will be the first time I'm trying it. I followed the destructions and renamed it to the table name zip and the guide says copy to the Tables folder. I have all my tables in their own folder under Tables so do I copy to the root Tables folder or the game folder? My intent is only to use it on this game, for now.

Secondly, do I then need to change to the chrome ball or does the 8k poly ball work with BB8?

Super thanks again Terry and FizX team- you never cease to amaze

Just place it where the table file is, and it will be used only for that table (if named the same as the table).

You can use chrome or BB-8 ball. They both will work the same with the 8K polygon ball.

• 4 months later...

Awesome table Terry! Just discovered future pinball again thanks to the great fizx updates! Only small problem i seem to have with only this table is that the high scores are not stored. A file is created in the fpram folder, but the table does not retain its settings. Any ideas what could be the issue?