[New VP10 Alert] Mini Golf (Williams 1964)

• Content Provider

Mini Golf (Williams 1964)

Ok, so here’s the back story. I stumbled upon a picture of a Williams’ “Mini Golf” table and was intrigued. (I forget exactly how/why I saw it now. I might’ve been browsing IPDB for sports-themed pinball tables and then searching VPU/VPF to see if cool ones I didn’t have were already in VPX). It seemed like a simple enough table, so I had a go at recreating it. Well, since I started, I’ve gotten too busy to work on it. And I was always going to have trouble tracking down a decent 3D model for the golfer (I barely had enough Blender skills to make the flagpoles). So, it was always either going to be a released WIP or a purely personal project. I decided to share it with the hope that someone might be able to take it over the finish line.

Update 1: With JPO’s help, there is now a working backglass (separate download – it should be linked in the sidebar).

Update 2: Thalamus sent me a golfer primitive, which I managed to write code to rotate around. I'm sure someone could do better with his swing mechanics (unless he's shooting dead straight to hole 9, he'll either clip into his clips or split away from his body at the waist). However, it's close enough to how to should actually look that I'm releasing it. I'm still leaving this download marked as a WIP because one of the 2-player modes that I thought was working has broken (or it never worked to begin with) and I'm sure there are a lot of minor improvements someone *could* do. But I'm hopefully done tinkering with it, at least for quite a while.

~~~

Some notes about controls and such:

5 – Insert Credit

1 – Start Game

Left Flipper – Hold down to rotate shooter left

Right Flipper – Hold down to rotate shooter right

Left Magna Save – Hard tee off

Right Magna Save – Soft tee off

Plunger – Whatever tee off was done last (I originally had the magna saves select the type and plunger shoot, but I’ve now decided that using the magna saves to shoot is a better idea)

Included in the download:

-        The table (duh)

-        A Tarcisio style wheel

• 1 year later...