[New VP10 Alert] Big Brave (Gottlieb 1974) NEW for 2022

Big Brave (Gottlieb 1974) NEW for 2022

Big Brave (Gottlieb 1974) NEW for 2022
this was a Loserman table from many many years ago, I've been updating this table every couple years as techniques change, and this is the latest greatest version to date
this reason this table is special to me is that I owned the machine when i was a kid, jammed into my little bedroom, remember tinkering with it, playing with no glass just because i could ..... just great memories

this version includes
cleaned up graphic 
new lighting 
shadows throughout
nfozzy physics - fluffhead35
fleep sounds - fluffhead35

BackGlass

DMD video / Topper

I don't ask or beg for donations... if you feel overwhelmingly compelled to do so, PLEASE donate to the charity of your own choice... this is a hobby NOT a business

• 1 year later...

I think there's something at the top of the table that shouldn't be there. I darkened the table with the day night slider since there wasn't a lut adjustment during game play and this white object became visible. You can see it when the table is viewed without any adjustment to the day night slider but when it's changed this object is very noticeable. Just thought i'd let you know.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 074009.png

14 hours ago, GordonJames said:

I think there's something at the top of the table that shouldn't be there. I darkened the table with the day night slider since there wasn't a lut adjustment during game play and this white object became visible. You can see it when the table is viewed without any adjustment to the day night slider but when it's changed this object is very noticeable. Just thought i'd let you know.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 074009.png

@hauntfreaks @TastyWasps Great update overall, however I also see the same anomaly as above, looks like a reflection of some VR component? Also, somehow DOF got broken during this update, it worked fine on the previous version. Basically either no solenoids are triggered (i.e. flippers) or incorrect solenoids are being triggered. 

16 hours ago, GordonJames said:

Thank you.

1 hour ago, robertms said:

@hauntfreaks @TastyWasps Great update overall, however I also see the same anomaly as above, looks like a reflection of some VR component? Also, somehow DOF got broken during this update, it worked fine on the previous version. Basically either no solenoids are triggered (i.e. flippers) or incorrect solenoids are being triggered. 

this table was saved in 10.8 beta 7 so maybe that is the issue??  with the glare? I tested the slider at many levels and I cant replicate the issue
as for the DOF.... I need more people to chime in , if there having the same issue

image.png.7a4ed309c7fff71f98f58012bef116fa.png

• Content Provider
On 12/7/2023 at 11:27 PM, robertms said:

Can you tell us which version of VPX you are using as it is difficult to replicate this glare issue.

31 minutes ago, TastyWasps said:

Can you tell us which version of VPX you are using as it is difficult to replicate this glare issue.

I used the official 10.8 beta 7 (also tried some newer builds). If you turn off reflections in VPX video settings the effect disappears, so I'm thinking it's a VR component reflection. About the DOF issue, did you by chance modify any of the DOF calls from the previous version, maybe a copy/paste error?

19 hours ago, robertms said:

I used the official 10.8 beta 7 (also tried some newer builds). If you turn off reflections in VPX video settings the effect disappears, so I'm thinking it's a VR component reflection. About the DOF issue, did you by chance modify any of the DOF calls from the previous version, maybe a copy/paste error?

can you guys try this
image.png.962bb4533f2541bd8bce9ec7c267991a.png

4 hours ago, hauntfreaks said:

can you guys try this

@hauntfreaks that Jumping_Jack fix didn't work for Big Brave.

I compared the new script with the previous version and made the following changes to make DOF work in 4.0:

393  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperUp",101,DOFOn,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
401  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperUp",102,DOFOn,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
608  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperDown",101,DOFOff,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
618  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperDown",102,DOFOff,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
761  DOF 105, DOFPulse   'changed  107 to 105
779  DOF 106, DOFPulse   'changed  109 to 106

This fixes the basic DOF functionality. Not sure why some of these changes were made in the new version, I'm assuming something to do with Fleep implementation, hopefully @TastyWasps can chime in.

• Content Provider
11 minutes ago, robertms said:

@hauntfreaks that Jumping_Jack fix didn't work for Big Brave.

I compared the new script with the previous version and made the following changes to make DOF work in 4.0:

393  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperUp",101,DOFOn,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
401  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperUp",102,DOFOn,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
608  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperDown",101,DOFOff,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
618  PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperDown",102,DOFOff,DOFContactors)   'uncommented
761  DOF 105, DOFPulse   'changed  107 to 105
779  DOF 106, DOFPulse   'changed  109 to 106

This fixes the basic DOF functionality. Not sure why some of these changes were made in the new version, I'm assuming something to do with Fleep implementation, hopefully @TastyWasps can chime in.

I only scripted the VR stuff on Big Brave v4.0.  The physics and sounds were already scripted so I didn't even look at 'em.

I think the issue here is with v3.0 of Big Brave which had those DOF lines commented out already. @robertmsYou may have been using Loserman's original version of Big Brave as that may not have had the DOF issues.

It's no matter as this is an easy fix and was simply not detected in the previous version of the table.image.thumb.png.8e59f2fce1b39345b53c11a707d4b6db.png

That reflection issue is now resolved in the latest update you put up. Table looks great and after a little adjustment of the day/night slider it's perfect on my end. I didn't have to change the ball out either, bonus. Everything looks marvelous. Gonna give this beauty a thorough play now. Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The DOF for the flippers was not working for me, even with the above elements uncommented.  This is how I fixed it:-

With respect of the DOF for the flippers:

Go to around line 396 and comment out:-

If keycode = LeftFlipperKey and InProgress=true and TableTilted=false Then
		'LeftFlipper.RotateToEnd
		VR_CabFlipperLeft.X = VR_CabFlipperLeft.X + 10
		FlipperActivate LeftFlipper, LFPress
		SolLFlipper True
		PlaySoundAtLevelStaticLoop "buzzL", 1, LeftFlipper
		PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperUp",101,DOFOn,DOFContactors)
	End If

If keycode = RightFlipperKey  and InProgress=true and TableTilted=false Then
		'RightFlipper.RotateToEnd
		VR_CabFlipperRight.X = VR_CabFlipperRight.X - 10
		FlipperActivate RightFlipper, RFPress
		SolRFlipper True
		PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperUp",102,DOFOn,DOFContactors)
		PlaySoundAtLevelStaticLoop "buzz", 1, RightFlipper
	End If

Then underneath that,  insert the following immediately below:-

LeftFlipper.RotateToEnd
		PlaySound "FlipperUp"
		DOF 101, 1
		PlaySound "buzzL",-1
		VR_CabFlipperLeft.X = VR_CabFlipperLeft.X + 10
	End If

RightFlipper.RotateToEnd
		PlaySound "FlipperUp"
		DOF 102, 1
		PlaySound "buzz",-1
		VR_CabFlipperRight.X = VR_CabFlipperRight.X - 10
	End If

Then go to around line 629 (my numbers will be off, as I've edited this a bit) and also comment out:-

'LeftFlipper.RotateToStart
		VR_CabFlipperLeft.X = VR_CabFlipperLeft.X - 10
		FlipperDeActivate LeftFlipper, LFPress
		SolLFlipper False
		PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperDown",101,DOFOff,DOFContactors)
		StopSound "buzzL"
	End If

If keycode = RightFlipperKey and InProgress=true and TableTilted=false Then
		'RightFlipper.RotateToStart
		VR_CabFlipperRight.X = VR_CabFlipperRight.X + 10
		FlipperDeActivate RightFlipper, RFPress
		SolRFlipper False
        StopSound "buzz"
		PlaySound SoundFXDOF("FlipperDown",102,DOFOff,DOFContactors)
	End If

Then underneath that, insert the following (make sure it is above the "End Sub"):-

If keycode = LeftFlipperKey  and InProgress=true and TableTilted=false Then
		LeftFlipper.RotateToStart
		PlaySound "FlipperDown"
		DOF 101, 0
		StopSound "buzzL"
		VR_CabFlipperLeft.X = VR_CabFlipperLeft.X -10
	End If

RightFlipper.RotateToStart
		PlaySound "FlipperDown"
		DOF 102, 0
		StopSound "buzz"
		VR_CabFlipperRight.X = VR_CabFlipperRight.X +10
	End If

Save the table and you should have working DOF for your flippers.

Hope this helps