Single Screen and PuP-Packs - PUP Stream and Windowed Guides

• Content Provider

439997909_PUPStreamOptions.thumb.jpg.78296baea7c39accb10789439934411b.jpg

My PinEvent releases for Future Pinball - BAM allow you to use PUP DMD with a PuP-Pack which gives you a modern DMD and video display instead of the standard Future Pinball DMD.

Pinup Player displays are a separate window, so they are not part of Future Pinball. This presents a problem for single screen users that run FP in fullscreen, as that means FP will cover the Pinup Player window.

Single Screen - Fullscreeen

With each PinEvent V2 table, I added a feature called PUP Stream. This allows Pinup Player's FullDMD / PuP-Pack to be streamed into FP so it can be displayed directly "in" the game itself while still allowing FP to run in FULLSCREEN.

This feature works in all modes (desktop, cabinet, vr), but it's really beneficial to desktop players with only one monitor (who can't normally see the PUP DMD) or VR users who want to see the PUP-Pack in VR.

A video showcasing PinEvent's PUP Stream in action can be seen here:

Single Screen - Windowed

Another option, is to run FP in Windowed mode, and try to have the PuP-Pack display on top of FP, but that doesn’t always work right, and the pup-pack may still get covered (and the FP window borders look ugly).

I’ve added a Single Screen Windowed PuP-Pack option for PinEvent V2 tables (soon to be released) that will force FP into Borderless Windowed mode, and make it so the PuP-Pack will always be visible on top of the FP window.

I have two new written guides in PDF format that will cover how to use both methods.

- Single Screen and PuP-Packs - PUP Stream Guide

- Single Screen and PuP-Packs - Windowed Guide

- these new guides has been created to be used with the FP and BAM Essentials AIO package

- all my guides and tutorials are now only included with the FP and BAM Essentials AIO package

You can download the FP and BAM Essentials AIO package (with both guides included) here:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/14807-future-pinball-and-bam-essentials-all-in-one-complete/

A video tutorial of how to use these guides can be seen here:

Chapters

00:00 Start

01:21 Overview of PinEvent, Pup-Packs and PUP Stream

05:57 Fullscreen with PUP Stream method - Dummy / Fake Monitor

08:36 Installing Pinup Player

10:52 Setup Pinup Player for Fullscreen method

14:48 Setup PinEvent settings

16:48 Install PinEvent table and PuP-Pack

18:55 Choose PuP-Pack Option 5

20:52 Play a PinEvent table with PUP Stream enabled (fullscreen)

26:48 Possible problems

28:39 Test on one screen

30:54 Windowed method

31:41 Setup Pinup Player for Windowed method

32:49 Setup PinEvent settings

34:06 Choose PuP-Pack Option 6

34:50 Edit PuPInit.BAT for Windowed method

37:44 Run FP in Windowed mode

39:39 Make Start FP BAT file to run in Windowed mode

41:48 Test FP and PuP-Pack in Borderless Windowed mode

44:21 Edit PUP Stream options to not use Desktop HUD

49:13 Closing

Edited by TerryRed

• 1 year later...
  • Content Provider

Do NOT use Windows 8 Compatibility!

In the past, previous Windows updates caused Future Pinball to crash for some people. The easy solution was to set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 Compatibility. Newer Windows updates and newer BAM updates have long since solved that issue.

In my guides, I have only ever recommended to set this to FPLoader.exe "if having crashing issues". Since that is no longer the case, I no longer recommend that as even an option. If you are having crashing issues, update your Windows, update your GPU drivers, sound drivers, etc. (disable the Nihamic driver / services if you have them installed, as it causes problems)

I have found that enabling Windows 8 compatibility causes FP-BAM to have serious performance issues! (ball stuttering, etc) Make sure you do NOT have this set on either FuturePinball.exe or FPLoader.exe (and in BAM Open VR folder if using that)

image.thumb.png.ef853db9dcc51fda2c6db9f029f56b5a.png

• TerryRed changed the title to Single Screen and PuP-Packs - PUP Stream and Windowed Guides
  • Content Provider

UPDATE!

- new guides are now in PDF

- new windowed method option

- both now included with the new FP and BAM Essentials AIO package

- new video guide

Single Screen - Fullscreeen

With each PinEvent V2 table, I added a feature called PUP Stream. This allows Pinup Player's FullDMD / PuP-Pack to be streamed into FP so it can be displayed directly "in" the game itself while still allowing FP to run in FULLSCREEN.

This feature works in all modes (desktop, cabinet, vr), but it's really beneficial to desktop players with only one monitor (who can't normally see the PUP DMD) or VR users who want to see the PUP-Pack in VR.

Single Screen - Windowed

Another option, is to run FP in Windowed mode, and try to have the PuP-Pack display on top of FP, but that doesn’t always work right, and the pup-pack may still get covered (and the FP window borders look ugly).

I’ve added a Single Screen Windowed PuP-Pack option for PinEvent V2 tables (soon to be released) that will force FP into Borderless Windowed mode, and make it so the PuP-Pack will always be visible on top of the FP window.

I have two new written guides in PDF format that will cover how to use both methods.

- Single Screen and PuP-Packs - PUP Stream Guide

- Single Screen and PuP-Packs - Windowed Guide

- these new guides has been created to be used with the FP and BAM Essentials AIO package

- all my guides and tutorials are now only included with the FP and BAM Essentials AIO package

You can download the FP and BAM Essentials AIO package (with both guides included) here:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/14807-future-pinball-and-bam-essentials-all-in-one-complete/

A video tutorial of how to use these guides can be seen here:

Chapters

00:00 Start

01:21 Overview of PinEvent, Pup-Packs and PUP Stream

05:57 Fullscreen with PUP Stream method - Dummy / Fake Monitor

08:36 Installing Pinup Player

10:52 Setup Pinup Player for Fullscreen method

14:48 Setup PinEvent settings

16:48 Install PinEvent table and PuP-Pack

18:55 Choose PuP-Pack Option 5

20:52 Play a PinEvent table with PUP Stream enabled (fullscreen)

26:48 Possible problems

28:39 Test on one screen

30:54 Windowed method

31:41 Setup Pinup Player for Windowed method

32:49 Setup PinEvent settings

34:06 Choose PuP-Pack Option 6

34:50 Edit PuPInit.BAT for Windowed method

37:44 Run FP in Windowed mode

39:39 Make Start FP BAT file to run in Windowed mode

41:48 Test FP and PuP-Pack in Borderless Windowed mode

44:21 Edit PUP Stream options to not use Desktop HUD

49:13 Closing