[New VP10 Alert] Blood Machines (VPW Original 2022)

Blood Machines (VPW Original 2022)

Version 2.0 Additional instruction:

• This needs VPX 10.7.3 or later and for VR it is optimized for 10.8 #814. Lighting works a bit differently per revision
  • Scorbit uses 3 extra EXE files that should be but into VPX tables folder. Same place where you put the VPX file and BloodMachinesDMD-folder.
    • Notice that some of these EXE files may need to be unblocked
    • 2 of the EXE's are same than previous Scorbit tables, but this time they are just stored in tables folder.
    • 3rd one is QRView which is made to enable QR code to be seen in VPX table. VPX doesn't normally support loading of external image files.
      • Sources: https://github.com/iaakki/VPXQRView
  • By default it runs still with FlexDMD. You must enable PUP from script and also remember to use options batch files under pup folder.

Alright, let’s do this old school…

VPinWorkshop are proud to present our very first original table, “Blood Machines”, based on the movie from Seth Ickerman with music by Carpenter Brut.

After watching Blood Machines iaakki thought that it would make a great theme for a pinball table, so we started talking about it in VPW and decided that if we were going to do it as our first completely original VPW table, that we wanted to do it properly.
With this in mind we contacted Seth Ickerman to see if they would be interested in the project and to see if there was any chance they would be able to provide any assets that we could use. Thankfully Not only were they amazed at what we were doing, but they supplied us with 70gig of 3D models and textures which were used in the film!
The only issue now was that these were so high detail that a huge amount of work was needed to optimize them so they would even load in VPX, but thankfully Flupper came to the rescue and did a fantastic job optimising the models and textures so we could put them in the table without setting your PC on fire (for example the ship went down from 8 million polygons to 130,000!)

At the time of writing this the table was at revision 335 (release candidate 1.5) with *well* over 1000 man-hours sunken into it, the amount of work has been staggering but we hope that you’ll agree that it was worth it.
The table itself has loads of features that have never been seen before in other VPX tables and we have tried our best to keep most/all of it secret as we want everyone to experience it for themselves firsthand, which is why until very recently we’ve kept details very close to our chest.

*IMPORTANT*
In order to fully enjoy the table and play it as it was designed to be played, you will need to purchase the awesome soundtrack by Carpenter Brut (about £5/$5/5e) and place the MP3s in your vpinball music directory:
C:\Visual Pinball\Music\BLOOD MACHINES OST
We really hope people do support the artist and purchase it from;
https://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/album/blood-machines-ost

VPW Blood Machines

• Project Lead – iaakki
  • Table Layout Design – iaakki, Dapheni
  • Art Lead & 2D Graphics – Astronasty
  • 3D Objects & Textures – Tomate, Flupper, iaakki, Sixtoe, D.J.
  • Scripting & Coding – iaakki, Apophis, oqqsan, Wylte, Lumigado, fluffhead35
  • DMD – Oqqsan, eMBee, Astronasty, Lumigado.
  • VR – Sixtoe, leojreimroc, iaakki
  • Table Rules – Apophis, iaakki, VPW Team.
  • Shot Tester – gtxjoe
  • Testing – Rik, PinStratsDan, VPW Team

Installation Instructions

===================

VPX 10.7
https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases

VPVR 10.7

https://github.com/vpinball/vpvr/releases/

FlexDMD v1.8.0

https://github.com/vbousquet/flexdmd/releases/

Windows 11 Crashing with oPlayer1 error?
Go into windows11 apps>optional features>more windows features and check "media features"

Riks Cabinet WIP Video

PinStratsDan Desktop Video

Rawds VR video:

You can watch the film on Shudder, AMC’s streaming service;

https://www.shudder.com/series/watch/blood-machines/033e95260abc2604?season=1

image.png

• Content Provider
27 minutes ago, LynnInDenver said:

Nice work here... just one question, is there any way to enable Free Play on this table? While I have a full suite of coin buttons on my cab, it's nice when I don't have to use them.

No setting for it right now.  Probably feasible in script; you'd basically need to lock the credits variable and dmd to 1 wherever it's changed (possibly init, dmd load, game start, players added - not looking at the code right now ;) ).

10 hours ago, marccy1138 said:

I bought and put the music in d:vpinball\visualpinball\music\and created a folder as instructed

I changed the script to point there and I still get no songs found

The music filenames must match the text between the quotation marks in the script exactly.  I had to alter mine a bit.

I seem to have an issue when the backglass lingers once in awhile and stays on when launching other games or browsing through popper. Right now I have exited popper and it is still displaying on the backglass. 

This is the only table that does this so i'm thinking its specific to this table. Any thoughts?

For sure one of the most addictive tables out there! Cant stop playing 😉 just great.

For me its way too hard to properly aim and shoot with the "center gun" (light gun? how you call it? ) Is there some kind of rnd-function there which makes it harder than it really is, like sth that sets a delay from pressing the button to shooting the ball? I'd like to lower the value of this rnd-function  if possible 😉  Thank you!

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, makmak said:

For sure one of the most addictive tables out there! Cant stop playing 😉 just great.

For me its way too hard to properly aim and shoot with the "center gun" (light gun? how you call it? ) Is there some kind of rnd-function there which makes it harder than it really is, like sth that sets a delay from pressing the button to shooting the ball? I'd like to lower the value of this rnd-function  if possible 😉  Thank you!

Gun is instant, you'll just need to practice 😉

49 minutes ago, arngrim said:

Great story for a super project, seems really well done, thanks to all people involved!

I will do the dof in a couple of days ;)

It's got full DOF, make sure your config is up to date!

3 hours ago, makmak said:

sometimes the lights remain in attract mode after starting a game, didnt find out, when this happens (in V1.0, just saw there is a V1.1, maybe its solved anyway?)

Hmm. I've seen that too - but, only once. That time I did tilt the game as the ball drained on the right. I don't know if it is fixed in 1.1 or not, but, if you experience this again, maybe try to make a note on what happened.

• 3 weeks later...

HELP....

I have installed FlexDMD , Its a good installation,

all working good, except :

The pop-up is too big for my screen ( im on a desktop ).

How can I get a good size for this DMD pop up ??

I mean resize it for all games..

Thanks for your help..

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, massico88 said:

HELP....

I have installed FlexDMD , Its a good installation,

all working good, except :

The pop-up is too big for my screen ( im on a desktop ).

How can I get a good size for this DMD pop up ??

I mean resize it for all games..

Thanks for your help..

Drag the window until you can see the bottom right corner -> drag that corner to resize -> get it where you want it -> right click the window -> save position globally.  Then you can later adjust each table and save their positions if you want them in a different spot.

• Content Provider
8 minutes ago, bigjuzza said:

Lampz.state(idx) = Lampz.obj(idx).GetInPlayStateBool

Keep getting error on this line

Help please

Update your VPX to 10.7 final (rev 367) or newer, GetInPlayStateBool was added.

All Installed, all good, except, the POP Up  FlexDMD ( score )

Is too big...Im on a desktop..

The score takes 1/3 of the screen..

How Do I ajust the Score window to fit well on my desktop...

Thank you.

Nice work by the way..

ok i see a way over here..Ill try this..thanks

Works great, thanks a lot !!

• 1 month later...

I'm having issues with the VR room. It loads but then goes black and crashes and I have to exit out. It happens with every type of VR room. Also when it loads it's like half the table / view is cut off at the bottom. Any ideas? I had this similar problem on Judge Dredd with the ultra minimal room but when I switched to the minimal room that fixed it. On this one I can't get any of them to run. The table runs fine in regular mode. I'm using the latest release of vpvr.

Thanks

Edited by jrockrat

• 1 month later...

First off, thanks for this amazing table. I'm really loving it and I put the soundtrack I got from crowdfunding the movie to very good use here. I've played the table for a few hours since it came out. Here are some things I came across in v1.21:

1. The Start-Button keeps blinking: When starting the table, the Start-Button is not lit, as soon as I add a credit, it starts blinking. When I start the game, the Start-Button keeps on blinking. Even after the game has ended and I have no credit, it still keeps on blinking.

2. After a game has ended, the table returns to attract mode. After ~2 minutes in attract mode, the music/sound abruptly stops. When I start a new game, everything seems to work perfectly again.

3. Sometimes the DMD freezes up, showing only some static image. This happened twice to me so far, one time it just displayed the 'insert coin' image. When the game ends, the DMD unfreezes automatically, as soon as the game over animation starts on the DMD.

4. Sometimes the lights on the table stay in attract mode, as previously mentioned by @makmak. I've only experienced it once so far. I didn't tilt the table, just started a new game.

• 4 months later...

Love playing this one! Only issue I have is using an Atgames modded cabinet, I have VPX audio preferences set to split music to the backglass speakers and sound effects to the exciters and bass shaker.  Works well for most tables but for this, the great music soundtrack is playing with the sound effects instead of going to the backglass and distorts the bass shaker/exciters. Is there a way to send the music to the backglass instead? I looked through the table script but nothing stood out to my novice eyes. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by keith7x

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
8 minutes ago, gravitygroove said:

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 1609
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

is the error i get trying to play this table.  vpx 173 downloaded it today. 

Make sure your FlexDMD is up to date and registered, and that you have the BM flex folder unzipped in the same folder as the table file.