WARNING: Imposter Site - VPD - Updated 01/24!

On 12/28/2021 at 11:25 AM, Wildman said:

Well you commented on the thread and didn't seem to concerned about it..

And not to try to justify it, but do you know how many files get uploaded here everyday and trying to figure out if its a legit file or not? 

last time I looked at the sheet of legit files that can be uploaded I didn't see your file there ,Sorry I guess it wasn't updated that day...

Ok all joking aside... files slip by its impossible to monitor everything out there that's why we rely on members to tell us when a file is wrong

and you knew but didnt report it , So what do you want from us???    from what I read in your comment you approved of it , it wasn't a issue... and everyone saw that too 😎👌

Like Dazz said if it was a issue you or others should of put in a report, and It would have been taken care of immediately 😉

Thank You for your time , Im so glad you brought that to our attention....Now I have to climb back up on my Horse............🙂

Sometimes there are no words. D&W thank you for being there doing all this tasks in background. I'm very thankful to have you guys there doing so much for the community!

• Administrators

This dude from VPD is so delusional these are some pretty bold claims to bad Its all bullshit.. , Cause I know a ton of authors here would totally disagree with that statement .

VPD= I don't steal from other sites everybody uploads here <<<< e53025f4b50a230de3f946afa65a01ca.jpg  Funny how all his members are named VPD hearty-laugh.gif

Guy is a Total Tool LOL .....  A Legend In His Own Mind  disclaimer.png

1 hour ago, Wildman said:

This dude from VPD is so delusional these are some pretty bold claims to bad Its all bullshit.. , Cause I know a ton of authors here would totally disagree with that statement .

VPD= I don't steal from other sites everybody uploads here <<<< e53025f4b50a230de3f946afa65a01ca.jpg  Funny how all his members are named VPD hearty-laugh.gif

Guy is a Total Tool LOL .....  A Legend In His Own Mind  disclaimer.png

Good, the two previous post made me feel bad. 

What you have squared around here is true. And I think VPD intent here is to, with "community", say all sites. 

With that in mind. 

Are tables crated by community members. Yes 

Do community members upload thees tables for free use? Yes

Is water wet? Yes 

You see? 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Karmeck said:

What you have squared around here is true. And I think VPD intent here is to, with "community", say all sites. 

With that in mind. 

Is water wet? Yes 

You see? 

Why are you still defending him?  I get that you are "tying" to play devils advocate. Like it or not... this is still defending him and trying to find justification for his actions.

1 hour ago, Dazz said:

Why are you still defending him?  I get that you are "tying" to play devils advocate. Like it or not... this is still defending him and trying to find justification for his actions.

Above post was a misrepresentation of what VPD wanted to communicate. I take issue with that, as I have stated befor. 

I want to hold this community to a higher standard and will point out when I think it's failing at that. 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Karmeck said:

Above post was a misrepresentation of what VPD wanted to communicate. I take issue with that, as I have stated befor. 

I want to hold this community to a higher standard and will point out when I think it's failing at that. 

If that's what you really think that you are doing... it's pure bullshit.  You are only making yourself look like a pawn of VPD.  Honestly, it wound't surprise me if you in fact are.  The way you act and the way that you continue to defend his actions.  This is exactly how the community views your comments and actions.

He has no community and if he beleived in overall good for the community he wouldn't be doing what he does. 

On 1/6/2022 at 5:10 AM, Karmeck said:

With that in mind. 

Is water wet? Yes 

You see? 

You fail to read basic english

Are tables created by HIS community members?  (It specifically says OUR, denoting members of his community)

FUCK NO, im not part of his jacked up community, i didnt create shit for him, i did not upload shit to him.
He does not mean all sites, what are you smoking? He hates all sites but his and continually directly attacks all sites that wont let him steal from them.

What are you? His publicity agent?

Id fire you if you were mine.

Get out of here

I watched him take a recently released ORIGINAL table

And he stripped the author's identity from it almost entirely, except for leaving one little thing but he bastardized the author's identity into a racial slur against the author
and he gives one of his lackeys credit for design and upload of the table.

That was a totally original work, no ROM used, no one else's artwork used, table existed nowhere else in the world
The author most fucking certainly does own that.

But nooo, he's a good guy?

Get out of here with your nonsense

1 hour ago, Wiesshund said:

You fail to read basic english

Are tables created by HIS community members?  (It specifically says OUR, denoting members of his community)

FUCK NO, im not part of his jacked up community, i didnt create shit for him, i did not upload shit to him.
He does not mean all sites, what are you smoking? He hates all sites but his and continually directly attacks all sites that wont let him steal from them.

What are you? His publicity agent?

Id fire you if you were mine.

Get out of here

I watched him take a recently released ORIGINAL table

And he stripped the author's identity from it almost entirely, except for leaving one little thing but he bastardized the author's identity into a racial slur against the author
and he gives one of his lackeys credit for design and upload of the table.

That was a totally original work, no ROM used, no one else's artwork used, table existed nowhere else in the world
The author most fucking certainly does own that.

But nooo, he's a good guy?

Get out of here with your nonsense

Normally I wouldn’t be so blunt, but in this case I’ll make an exception, because the people responding to Karmeck I have the upmost respect for….your best off just ignoring this person. Last week this person posted some things that were so odd and incoherent elsewhere the thread was locked. 

Also as per Jan. 6th Karmeck felt the need to advertise he/she will be leaving the community for other endeavors….very abnormal all the way around if you saw what some of us did. Anyway, main point…not worth it at all. Not with this one. 

Thanks for the info. I have seen this site in my search for how to use my Legends Pinball machinge to play some of my classic favorites (and past owned machines) by linking my computer. I have been unsuccessful so far as I can't get PinUp to work, etc.  I will now be more careful where I search for media and help.

• Dazz changed the title to WARNING: Imposter Site - VPD - Updated 01/23!
  • Administrators

If you are actively using the site below; you are part of the problem!

01/23 - 10:34AM:
It's been a little while since the last update. I haven't felt that it's been necessary since his site is barely used based on the download counts. However, it's time for a little update.

This remains a daily battle. He continues to try and create multiple accounts on VPUniverse per day, but most attempts are blocked. He messages me from different Discord accounts on a regular basis trying to get me to approve his fake accounts. Without showing my hand.... it's pretty easy to determine what accounts are his.

This site now REQUIRES upfront payment just to create an account.  This should set red flags for EVERYONE.
VPD_Payment.png

VPD - I know you like to read this message. I do keep up with ongoings on your site. I monitor your uploads. I monitor your forums.  I actively warn any users of your actions and possible concequences.  You like to troll and watch our Discord.  You like to take things out of context to make yourself look righteous. 

unknown.png

In response to above, people are most definitely free to speak their minds in the VPU discord as well as on VPU. Yes, we have rules on the server, but that's required. This particular user is KNOWN for single word responses that have nothing to do with the discussion. He constantly posts single word replies in other multiple Discord servers that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the conversation and will post them randomly. Other Discord servers have taken much more drastic measures to try to curb this individual. 

thanks for fighting the good fight. i just got into vp and i'm surprised to see such a grifter. i didn't see his site in any of my searches though, so at least he is ranked pretty low.

why not contact his host and file a DMCA or something? do these assets/software include any type of license that allows modification but prohibits sale?

of course his forums require manual post approval ;)

Edited by steelballz

• Administrators
4 hours ago, robertms said:

Hmmmm..

bigus1_rant_VPF.png

Yeah, Bogus1 and VPD are of the same mindset.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they are the same person. The Bogus1 personality is just a tiny bit more talented than the other personalities….

The Aussies wonder why I have to manually verify and approve accounts from AUS….. It’s idiots like these.

• Administrators

BTW - I wish there were 100 people that's purchased VIP-Lifetime. Unfortunately, that's not the case... 99% of the VIPs on this site are participating community members that have have been deemed deserving and have been upgraded for free. The site has about 46,000 members. Nearly 85% of them have downloaded 10 files or more. About 0.8% of the whole userbase are paid subscribers or people that donated (no minimum amount) in the past that were grandfathered into Lifetime members. 

Full transparancey; the site *may* get 1-2 VIP purchases every couple months and most months there are NONE at all. On average the site brings in about $1400 per month.  Operating costs are ~$1100 per month to run. This includes fast dedicated web server, worldwide CDN network, data spread across 42+ servers worldwide, multiple cloud backup locations, a local physical full backup, and roughly 300tb of transfers (egress) per month.  I'm definitely not getting rich running this site; if I'm getting anything it's more of a headache because of people like those mentioned in this thread.  Anything left over is put into an account where it sits until there comes a month where incoming subs can't handle the operation costs. It has come very close a couple times.  Money in reserve also goes towards software upgrades or addon's to the site, themes, and a MAJOR future community project where an estimated $15k will be necessary for professional development.  I've also contracted several custom addon's to be developed to help with the overall user experience. I could easily pocket the money, lower costs to nearly nothing, use free services, such as MEGA, Google Drive for file hosting and lower the overall user experience. Quality over quantity.  

There are other sites out there. One site is used to supplemment a business and have been using charging subscriptions for 15+ years.  Site also hasn't seen a noticible upgrade since the early 2000's... Yet, people don't seem to bat an eye... Charge $250 for a VIP - Lifetime membership with some decent user experience benefits; everyone looses their minds.  People aren't forced to purchase anything on this site and the free tier is way more than fair.

This site has NEVER been about money; as a matter of fact I've put in more money out of my own pocket into this site over the past 7 years than what has been brought in with subscriptions thus far. Since my early days; running HyperSpin-Fe it's always been about building a thriving community and the sense of belonging to a community of like minded individuals.

As a VIP I can state that the choice was a very simple one for myself….it’s just a decision to basically donate to a non-profit organization (I get that anyone can get cheeky on that term) that has brought me much joy….the same way I’ve donated essentially to Virtual Pin Workshop…the same way I might toss a few bones to the busker that seems to play the paint buckets better than the rest. 

If you look for anything in life, chances are your going to find it sooner or later. If your constantly looking as to why “the other guy is conniving and doing wrong”…sooner or later your going to be grabbing the roots so you don’t fall off the Earth, problem is your searching for something that doesn’t seem to really exist. 

If you don’t like the show change the channel. Not too much ugliness going on around here, that’s why there are so many people that upload their hard work here, rather than the other sites. That’s also why people are happy to exchange money by choice for a service. Nothing really to see here hall monitors. 

• Administrators

01/24:
New front page images have popped up.  
retard.png

Since this idiot obviously monitors this thread and this is my only communication with him.

In response: Yes, there is a free tier for Cloudflare... They are the largest and most reliable. Perhaps your, no traffic, site can actually take use the free tier.  However, the traffic that VPU gets is far beyond their free tier and is required to have Business tier at the very least.  Your poor excuse for a copy-cat site only wishes that it could get just 1/4 the traffic in a full month that VPU gets in a single hour.  

• Dazz changed the title to WARNING: Imposter Site - VPD - Updated 01/24!

New to Virtual Pinball... Thanks for all the hard work.  My new Xtreme Vpin will be delivered Friday.  I'm somewhat confused on the VPD information.  Just want to know I'm at the correct site.  Once confirmed I'll donate to support.  Thanks for the support.

RKip