WARNING: Imposter Site - VPD - Updated 01/24!

“People want to be loved; failing that admired; failing that feared; failing that hated and despised. They want to evoke some sort of sentiment. The soul shudders before oblivion and seeks connection at any price."

@Karmeck

Not to derail the topic. If I recall right the Asch “works” on roughly 75 percent of people. Pretty amazing. 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:31 PM, Karmeck said:

Then I would suggest leave the banner, but remove all referens to VPD. That would make it more of a PSA. 

I think the reference should stay to inform newbies of who he is and the horrible stuff he does. I get where you are coming from with not naming him but that is meant for serial killers and mass shooters. They do it for the attention and to try and get their names in history. This dude is just a douche. And a greedy one at that. He would rather his name NOT be in the warning because people learn about it. That’s why he was trying to get my video taken down, because I name him directly and he knows people will see it and listen to what I’m saying. 

If you are new to this hobby, it is mind blowing how much there is to take in at first. The fact that his site URL is so generic, it may be one of the first sites that a new person goes to when starting their google search. Hopefully, with him now having a pay wall up, most people will go on to other sites and learn about his actions and stay away from him. 

On 12/19/2021 at 3:57 PM, Karmeck said:

My reason is that I want to hear both sides.

How about, you go spend X weeks making a table.
You upload said table to your chosen site, because it is hard to keep tabs of 2

15 minutes alter i see your table listed on some asswipe's website
Without even asking you

AND

It isnt even uploaded as your work, it's uploaded as someone's mod v1.1
and your name is either deleted entirely, Or it has been maliciously changed to say Karmfuck or something as equally non amusing.

In the 15 minutes since the original upload, the work sure the hell has not been modded
Nobody asked to mod it, no one asked to reuse the handmade non scanned graphics 
and the table surely wont be getting updated properly if it needs it.

And, somebody has to pay to download it.

And when you tell said site owner, That aint cool, please remove this from your site.
Said site owner, using multiple accounts (but being too dumb to mask the IP) goes on a pissy tirade of
making in excess of 3000 spam posts to the site you are normally at acting like a butt hurt 9 year old.

That the site owner then has to go cleaning up, because some mentally handicapped moron doesnt care who or what he hurts or steals from or anything else, as long as he gets his way.

Now what exactly was it you wanted to defend again?

And yea, i just saw someone else's Just released, original table, not a recreation but an original, go up on this asshole's site

under someone else's name, again.
And he thanks himself for it.

I bet he was just a joy to raise as a child

Update 12/26/21

our good old buddy VPD has now filed a third complaint.

First was copyright, which YouTube told him no because my subject is covered under fair use.

The 2nd attempt was privacy, which is hilarious because his name isn’t actually vpd and I only refer to him as that and his website, which is available to anyone publicly.

The latest is another copyright, but this time he is trying to add that I use his actual name (I definitely do no such thing.)

I guess he doesn’t think YouTube will actually check into this but he’s incredibly wrong. They do and again have shot his request down. Maybe this will be a lesson to him. Fair use is there so people like me can INFORM others of his nonsense and bad business practices. 

53 minutes ago, Oroborus77 said:

Table's authors could leave a personal mark or signature and the name of the websites where the table is uploaded first.  on the apron or in the drop lane ? or somewhere elese. The goal is to leave a sneaky (or not) mark

it could maybe help

rlr.png

What specific issue would this solve. 

For a person that just want to be play/have all tables in existence, wip or finished. And don't care where the table is from or who made it. 

Kinda like, well at least me, don't care who was first to rip super Mario world or where it was uploaded. That's far off I know, but those that use vpd with its live build service are already in that mindset. 

The closure of vpinball make this all the more irrelevant. 

People who care will know, people who don't will not, and making them care is wasted energy. 

This is stating facts, I'm not defending or against anything. Just saying it like it is. 

6 hours ago, Karmeck said:

What specific issue would this solve. 

Actually, there could be something here. If authors started to add something like “Fuck VPD,” on their tables, I’m willing to bet he doesn’t put them on his site. This dude has a super fragile ego. I mean come on, he literally uploads a table to his site as his and thanks himself. 

2 hours ago, GGPinball said:

Actually, there could be something here. If authors started to add something like “Fuck VPD,” on their tables, I’m willing to bet he doesn’t put them on his site. This dude has a super fragile ego. I mean come on, he literally uploads a table to his site as his and thanks himself. 

Your trolling right. 

If not. 

Are you mental. I my self would pay VPD to have my tables not say fuck on them, as would several other users who don't want fuck on the tables they download. Because that is what will happen. VPD will find someone that are willing to remove and restore the tables to not say fuck. 

This is like copy protection on games where sometimes the pirated version has less issues then a legit bought copy. 

This is a stupid idea. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Karmeck said:

Your trolling right. 

If not. 

Are you mental. I my self would pay VPD to have my tables not say fuck on them, as would several other users who don't want fuck on the tables they download. Because that is what will happen. VPD will find someone that are willing to remove and restore the tables to not say fuck. 

This is like copy protection on games where sometimes the pirated version has less issues then a legit bought copy. 

This is a stupid idea. 

WTF.... Karmeck .. Please Please Shut the fuck up.. you are a fuckin tard and a shit talker... just goto VPD sign up and stay there were you would be happy ok.. 

Just please stop running your retarded mouth OK?  and from what im seeing your the only one trolling here... 

47 minutes ago, Wildman said:

WTF.... Karmeck .. Please Please Shut the fuck up.. you are a fuckin tard and a shit talker... just goto VPD sign up and stay there were you would be happy ok.. 

Just please stop running your retarded mouth OK?  and from what im seeing your the only one trolling here... 

He said table authors should put the word fuck on tables. 

Do you approve? 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Karmeck said:

Your trolling right. 

If not. 

This is a stupid idea. 

Its obvious that he was being facetious. 

3 hours ago, Karmeck said:

Your trolling right. 

If not. 

This is a stupid idea. 

Your defense and response to this does really make me wonder if you are actually VPD. Wouldn't be the first made up name he used...

I'm with Wildman. Why are you here and not just on that shithole site? You seem like you would be much happier and ABSOLUTELY fit in better there.

Hey D&W, which one of you climbed down from your high horse to approve swiping my Police Force a whole day before the other site?  I don't really care, so don't bother trying to justify it, but pull your heads in. Everyone saw it. Cheers :)

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, bigus1 said:

Hey D&W, which one of you climbed down from your high horse to approve swiping my Police Force a whole day before the other site?  I don't really care, so don't bother trying to justify it, but pull your heads in. Everyone saw it. Cheers :)

I've removed the file/mod.  We don't monitor VPF... I had no clue, but why didn't you, or anyone else, report it to us?  It would have been taken care of immediately.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, bigus1 said:

Well you commented on the thread and didn't seem to concerned about it..

And not to try to justify it, but do you know how many files get uploaded here everyday and trying to figure out if its a legit file or not? 

last time I looked at the sheet of legit files that can be uploaded I didn't see your file there ,Sorry I guess it wasn't updated that day...

Ok all joking aside... files slip by its impossible to monitor everything out there that's why we rely on members to tell us when a file is wrong

and you knew but didnt report it , So what do you want from us???    from what I read in your comment you approved of it , it wasn't a issue... and everyone saw that too 😎👌

Like Dazz said if it was a issue you or others should of put in a report, and It would have been taken care of immediately 😉

Thank You for your time , Im so glad you brought that to our attention....Now I have to climb back up on my Horse............🙂

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, bigus1 said:

This just seems like admitting that an extra hr of work made the table look way better.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Dazz said:

I've removed the file/mod.  We don't monitor VPF... I had no clue, but why didn't you, or anyone else, report it to us?  It would have been taken care of immediately.

If anyone notices a file that's been posted that shouldn't have; please report it. This is even more so for authors that feel that their file shouldn't have been posted.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Thalamus said:

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the fucking biggest STFU !!!!!!!!! @bigus1 I've read this year !!!!

You complain about not being shown respect ?????

Who is responsible for 32a not being around anymore I ask ?

It is you - and you alone, you fucking no talented twat !

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, I'm no match for you Thalamus - you brought down a whole fucking website.

I wasn't angling to have anything taken down. I was lured to this thread by a notification that I'd been mentioned and what do I find? Just the site owner telling his flock that I have no integrity, so I decided to shine a light on your own integrity.

All this Holier than thou stance you are taking is on shaky ground, coming from a rom hosting site, and this toxic conversation smacks of the final days of the last site. Anyway, hurl abuse at each other, if that's what you want - I doesn't affect me. I was hoping to cool things down, but you seem hell-bent on blowing yourselves up - so go for it.

Have fun attacking me :)

37 minutes ago, Wildman said:

VPD has the solution to all our download problems, and its a great deal 😄  Works with any setup.... Plug and Play..  Dont need to learn anything...Just hook up and play pinball... LMFAO......

vpd1.png

vpd.png

If I remember correctly, at least in a previous version, buying that hard-drive also included 30 min setup support.  (don't have an account and VPD made the genius move of locking the shop behind a pay wall)

With a finished setup and the computer offline at all times. I have a hard time seeing what could go wrong. 

@bigus1 sorry to lure you here. Appreciate your mods though. 

5 hours ago, Karmeck said:

With a finished setup and the computer offline at all times. I have a hard time seeing what could go wrong. 

Every system is different. To setup what is needed in windows, vpx, future, pinup, etc., I promise it would be more than a half hour. 

For someone who has been preaching how they like to do the right thing and defend people that aren’t in the conversation, you sure have no problem with software that isn’t his being pirated and sold. Let’s put tables to the side for a moment. Pinup Popper isn’t suppose to be sold. I know for a fact he hasn’t had permission to add it on this device, especially since he tried impersonating Nailbuster. 

moving back to tables, creators upload them to this site by their choice. No one gives this Skeezeball permission to sell their tables. 

Again, you are either VPD in disguise or your typing with one hand and yanking him off with the other. 

4 hours ago, GGPinball said:

Every system is different. To setup what is needed in windows, vpx, future, pinup, etc., I promise it would be more than a half hour. 

For someone who has been preaching how they like to do the right thing and defend people that aren’t in the conversation, you sure have no problem with software that isn’t his being pirated and sold. Let’s put tables to the side for a moment. Pinup Popper isn’t suppose to be sold. I know for a fact he hasn’t had permission to add it on this device, especially since he tried impersonating Nailbuster. 

moving back to tables, creators upload them to this site by their choice. No one gives this Skeezeball permission to sell their tables. 

Again, you are either VPD in disguise or your typing with one hand and yanking him off with the other. 

Thees hard-drives also come with thire own version of windows. Probably with everything ready to go. A few driver instalations and your ready to go. 

He is selling convenience, and no one buying will care of what they are buying is available freely. That's why I pay for berries in a store even if they are freely available in nature. It's convenient. 

It doesn't not matter what rules exist, even your and my option about it does not matter. If somthing can be made convenient, someone will pay for it.

Was not planing on sharing this befor I got answers, but he has now blocked me again. So here is an image of my relation with VPD:

https://imgur.com/a/e2jtY0r

34 minutes ago, Karmeck said:

It doesn't not matter what rules exist, even your and my option about it does not matter. If somthing can be made convenient, someone will pay for it.

Bingo Bango

That’s why there is a possibility one day it all goes underground, because obviously things are too accessible to the lazy and the greedy. It even could happen one day that we are forced to do so. I sure hope not, and I’m not a doomsday type, but people like VPD and David will certainly be the main causes of a bad future. Think they give a $%^&? The creators here could need medical attention and they would just piss in your ear if they could benefit. 

That really is the “problem” with Vpinball, is there is a lot of gray area. On the other hand even in the most confusing of situations, common sense and a healthy sense of morals steer the intelligent the right way. Unfortunately some people are broken in those areas.  

For the most part we are all just regular people, doing regular things, trying to have some fun. Just making a simple request as to please not do a few things, your always going to have the guy with a “fuck you” Billy Bad Ass attitude, or in this case a mentally ill man that really should seek some help. That’s a weird thing about people, the more you try and debunk their ways of thinking, even with mountains of evidence, your going to make them even stronger in their beliefs.