WARNING: Imposter Site - VPD - Updated 01/24!

22 minutes ago, Dazz said:

I think this is an issue of language difference... Regarding the screenshot that he sent me and posted.  I have NEVER seen those images before as in... I never saw those images prior to him sending them to me.

Never the les, you posted them

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, Karmeck said:

Never the les, you posted them

My goodness you can also break down all the words into parts here. Can't you just leave it alone. You repeat yourself and always the same. VPD makes money with things that do not belong to him. You defend him and hang yourself on already spoken. What is your problem? Why are you attacking Dazz? He is defending this site and the hobby. You're just talking shit. Just leave it

5 hours ago, Solters said:

My goodness you can also break down all the words into parts here. Can't you just leave it alone. You repeat yourself and always the same. VPD makes money with things that do not belong to him. You defend him and hang yourself on already spoken. What is your problem? Why are you attacking Dazz? He is defending this site and the hobby. You're just talking shit. Just leave it

As Dazzz keep moving around the issue, I need to be specific. But I have made my point. I will leave it be. 

You however open up for an other discussion. 

Do both vpu and vpd charge for unlimited access? 

I know vpd is behind a paywall now, but was it better then before? When it was like vpu, there payment removed timers? 

Are you telling me all tables belong to dazz? As he now charges for unlimited access. 

Oh, so it's to pay sever costs, how is this different from what vpd is doing that surely have serve costs to pay as well. 

Non of thees two claim ownership, both have severe costs to pay. How are they difrent? Is only one of them approved by the elders of virtual pinball? Is that the difference. 

What are the timers for really? It's not to stop the owner of vpd or pack sellers. They just pay and then have unlimited access. 

• Content Provider
30 minutes ago, Karmeck said:

As Dazzz keep moving around the issue, I need to be specific. But I have made my point. I will leave it be.

Non of thees two claim ownership, both have severe costs to pay. How are they difrent?

As a third party who has watched every step of this unfold: Dazz has been very consistent with what he's said and done.  You fell for (or intentionally spread) lies and continue to defend them, adjusting your language to keep him countering slightly different accusations.

And the difference between the sites is that one has works uploaded and supported by authors, while the other steals them and uploads them with no permission or ability to support end users.  He even leaves comments ostensibly directed to the author pretending otherwise (I assume to make them look more legitimate), which is pretty sad:

Screenshot_20211212-185958_Firefox Beta.png

10 minutes ago, Wylte said:

As a third party who has watched every step of this unfold: Dazz has been very consistent with what he's said and done.  You fell for (or intentionally spread) lies and continue to defend them, adjusting your language to keep him countering slightly different accusations.

And the difference between the sites is that one has works uploaded and supported by authors, while the other steals them and uploads them with no permission or ability to support end users.  He even leaves comments ostensibly directed to the author pretending otherwise (I assume to make them look more legitimate), which is pretty sad:

Screenshot_20211212-185958_Firefox Beta.png

cant ppl that downloaded from there just come here for support? 

In the image posted, cant he be thanking the one that shared the table. Being vpd, that is not necessary the author. 

Permission is irrelevant.

This is a thing I do, don't know why, but I will defend any party under attack that is not present in the conversation. I do this in real life as well, my fiancé hate it as she usually want me to agree with her.

• Content Provider
37 minutes ago, Karmeck said:

a) cant ppl that downloaded from there just come here for support? 

b )In the image posted, cant he be thanking the one that shared the table. Being vpd, that is not necessary the author. 

c) Permission is irrelevant.

a) Yes, and it's annoying as fuck because they usually just ask in some general place instead of the table support thread, and their file is the wrong version or otherwise messed up.

b) The file was uploaded by VPD minutes after the author put it up on VPF.  He was thanking himself.

c) Fuck you.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Karmeck said:

You however open up for an other discussion. 

Do both vpu and vpd charge for unlimited access? 

I know vpd is behind a paywall now, but was it better then before? When it was like vpu, there payment removed timers? 

VPD forces users to purchase a monthly subscription just to sign up. Neither VPU nor VPF do this. Both have a free option and both offer subscription levels that offer different perks, but do not restrict access to content. Timers and limits are there for a reason. Honestly, there is no legit reason for anyones need to download 50+ files in a day, especially a new person.

Are you telling me all tables belong to dazz? As he now charges for unlimited access. 
Tables belong to the people that created those files. Uploading them gives permission to VPUniverse to host those files.  If a creator wants to remove their files; they are free to do so.  VPD?  Nope, the people that created the files have absolutely no fucking say so.  Want a file removed from VPD?  "Hell no, go fuck yourself, eventhough you may have spent hundreds of hours of your time creating the files.. you uploaded them.. they are mine now to do whatever I want with them." 

Oh, so it's to pay sever costs, how is this different from what vpd is doing that surely have serve costs to pay as well. 
Non of thees two claim ownership, both have severe costs to pay. How are they difrent? Is only one of them approved by the elders of virtual pinball? Is that the difference. 

This just shows how very little you really know... You have NO CLUE how much a site like this costs to run. The difference between what I do for VPU and what VPD is doing; is nearly night and day. 

• VPD doesn't do any of his hosting.  He has a montly IPS hosting license (which is the Content Management Software); these are hosted on shared servers where it is VERY limited on CPU/RAM/Database/storage.  His setup couldn't handle the 50-70tb of bandwidth per-month that VPU gets. If he received as much traffic that VPU does in an hour; they would shut his service down. Most of his links and downloads are offloaded to free sites; where the links will eventually break.  Google & MEGA will eventually close access to shared drives with a lot of traffic.  After a specific number of downloads they will close off shared folders; if the user isn't paying for their enterprise solutions.   
  • The main VPU site is hosted on a dedicated server; where I have full control of RAM/CPU & Database.  It is the only site running on that specific server.  The donwload files on VPU are cloud server based.  The files are hosted on a network with 42 different servers worldwide and served by a major CDN.  Most files that a user downloads are coming from a server located near their location; this helps with speed and caching.  VPU is also fully backed up weekly at 2 separate offsite locations and backed up on a local server.

ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE HAS BEEN UPLOADED BY THE CREATORS OF THE FILES.  These are the people that have spent HUNDREDS of hours working on recreations.  These are the people that create the content that you are able to enjoy. If it weren't for these people; there wouldn't be any hobby.  This site is fully supported by the community and the people that create the content.  VPD is not supported by anyone, except you obviously... 

What are the timers for really? It's not to stop the owner of vpd or pack sellers. They just pay and then have unlimited access. 
Timers - these greatly help with flood and DDOS protection.  These keep people from using auto downloaders and scripts from ripping every piece of this site.  Just one autodownloader could cause a DDOS attack and deny service to everyone.  There are several things that we have to do to protect our sites and this is just one of the suggested ones.

4 hours ago, Karmeck said:

cant ppl that downloaded from there just come here for support? 
Of course they can.  Then hopefully they see and take time to read the big banner at the top of the site and understand that they have been ripped off by a con.

In the image posted, cant he be thanking the one that shared the table. Being vpd, that is not necessary the author. 

Who are you kidding... the person that shared the file; did not share the file on that site. He ripped the file off of a site where the author gave permission to host the file.

Permission is irrelevant.

Getting permission is showing support and respect for the hobby. Shows support and respect for those that did the real work. 

This is a thing I do, don't know why, but I will defend any party under attack that is not present in the conversation. I do this in real life as well, my fiancé hate it as she usually want me to agree with her.
Defending or supporting some can be considered guilty by association. 

Responses above in red.

• Administrators

Why are you guys even acknowledging

This fucking Troll.. He has no clue about shit

He's just talking out his ass.

When he becomes a author and post his shit somewhere and somebody steals his hard work that he spent days on then posts it to a copycat lowlife sight and it don't bother him cause it's free... then I will listen to what he has to say..  Till then STFU Karmeck we don't give a shit about your non contributing opion!!!

Become a author  then we will listen to your opinion on the subject..

17 minutes ago, Wildman said:

Why are you guys even acknowledging

This fucking Troll.. He has no clue about shit

He's just talking out his ass.

When he becomes a author and post his shit somewhere and somebody steals his hard work that he spent days on then posts it to a copycat lowlife sight and it don't bother him cause it's free... then I will listen to what he has to say..  Till then STFU Karmeck we don't give a shit about your non contributing opion!!!

Become a author  then we will listen to your opinion on the subject..

You are so oooooozing with elitism. Something I have come to understand plague the Linux community as well. Sad really.

I have learned about the Linux community from Linus tech tips and I find many similarities to the pinball community.

SO, you tell me I be respected and heard if I made something myself. 

I give you a few names and you tell me if these authors are respected:

Starlion

Bigus

And to comment on Dazz responding to me.

He does not lash out. He is calm and to the point (most of the time). He could just ban me, but he does not. He could do like Wylte and tell me "answer C". And he dose not call me troll. 

And I respect him for that.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Karmeck said:

You are so oooooozing with elitism. Something I have come to understand plague the Linux community as well. Sad really.

I have learned about the Linux community from Linus tech tips and I find many similarities to the pinball community.

Starlion

Bigus

He does not lash out. He is calm and to the point (most of the time). He could just ban me, but he does not. He could do like Wylte and tell me "answer C". And he dose not call me troll. 

Starlion - no

Bigus - somewhat

However, both could be... both are talented, but neither really respect the hobby.

Well I don’t mean to interrupt the current feud with Karmeck, but I figured everyone reading this thread would get a kick out of this one. Apparently our boy VPDingleberry doesn’t understand how Fair Use in copyright works. Also, he apparently thinks I’m part of a competing company and my show entitled “Virtual Pinball NEWS of the Week” isn’t a news show lol. Glad YouTube understands. 

E3B703DB-974F-4713-8D3F-581BF4781762.jpeg

• Administrators

You are so oooooozing with elitism

8 hours ago, Karmeck said:

Starlion

Bigus

Elitism LMFAO ..... you have no clue what hard work is...Well apparently you haven't put much work into anything  but having a computer and running your mouth...Im going to ask you 1 question and then we/ I  don't want to hear from you again ok ? what if you just invented a cure for covid (for example) and you posted on YOUR WEBSIGHT and some other slimball took all your hard work and posted it on HIS websight and said it was his cause you posted it so its free to post and claim he said/made it ? you wouldn't be mad?  listen the real problem here is he does not even say WHO MADE IT... he just says BY VPD,, so nobody knows who made that table or backglass he cant even give credit were credit is do .. hes a POS trying to hide and make money off of others work  PERIOD ... why dont you ask him to make his own site and be a legit  site????? and if you still want to be a defender of the scumbags out there  then we can take care of that to..

you need to realize what your defending, When you become a contributor to the VP community I will be more then happy to defend your opinion and back you up .. till then please stop your ill informed rant and just move on..

you want to be so involved then talk to that boy at VPD... and I say BOY cause if he was a adult we wouldn't be having this thread right now..   Ask him why is he copying sites and content and not making his own site with all the website skills he has????

WHY DOES HE NOT MAKE HIS OWN SITE????

When you have those answers Karmeck you will be more than welcome to give your comments and suggestions ok ? fair enough? Till you put out your own work and tons of hrs doing it you have no say here / do you understand?

I didn't know any better at first, so I signed up as a FREE subscriber there when it initially launched.  Once I figured out the deal, I quit going there and became a paid supporter here and VPForums and never looked back.

The guy is nothing more than a lowlife 'pack' seller with no intentions of supporting or becoming a member of the community.  Sure, his packs don't come on physical media, but he sells packs nonetheless, just digitally.  His hook, if you will, is that people can pay and then fully mirror everything all at once from another pad subscription upload site, from which he no doubt receives affiliate money from.

I like knowing who made the table, B2S, altsound and altcolor  I'm playing and being able to thank them for their work.  I also like the clean feeling of being able to ask for help if needed and knowing that a great community is there to point me in the right direction.  To me, that is why I support sites like VPU and VPF; they're the girl that will still be next to me when I wake up in the morning, not the lowlife that cleaned out my wallet and stole my credit cards after a drunken bender 🙂

• Administrators
4 hours ago, GGPinball said:

Well I don’t mean to interrupt the current feud with Karmeck, but I figured everyone reading this thread would get a kick out of this one. Apparently our boy VPDingleberry doesn’t understand how Fair Use in copyright works. Also, he apparently thinks I’m part of a competing company and my show entitled “Virtual Pinball NEWS of the Week” isn’t a news show lol. Glad YouTube understands. 

E3B703DB-974F-4713-8D3F-581BF4781762.jpeg

Seems pretty funny... as the same rules that he's whining about; he doesn't obey himself.

16 hours ago, Karmeck said:

This is a thing I do, don't know why, but I will defend any party under attack that is not present in the conversation.

Fuck mate great character reference for yourself. Just because they are not present does not mean they are worth defending, unless of course you are affiliated and want to defend them.

On 12/15/2021 at 1:02 AM, Wildman said:

You are so oooooozing with elitism

Elitism LMFAO ..... you have no clue what hard work is...Well apparently you haven't put much work into anything  but having a computer and running your mouth...Im going to ask you 1 question and then we/ I  don't want to hear from you again ok ? what if you just invented a cure for covid (for example) and you posted on YOUR WEBSIGHT and some other slimball took all your hard work and posted it on HIS websight and said it was his cause you posted it so its free to post and claim he said/made it ? you wouldn't be mad?  listen the real problem here is he does not even say WHO MADE IT... he just says BY VPD,, so nobody knows who made that table or backglass he cant even give credit were credit is do .. hes a POS trying to hide and make money off of others work  PERIOD ... why dont you ask him to make his own site and be a legit  site????? and if you still want to be a defender of the scumbags out there  then we can take care of that to..

you need to realize what your defending, When you become a contributor to the VP community I will be more then happy to defend your opinion and back you up .. till then please stop your ill informed rant and just move on..

you want to be so involved then talk to that boy at VPD... and I say BOY cause if he was a adult we wouldn't be having this thread right now..   Ask him why is he copying sites and content and not making his own site with all the website skills he has????

WHY DOES HE NOT MAKE HIS OWN SITE????

When you have those answers Karmeck you will be more than welcome to give your comments and suggestions ok ? fair enough? Till you put out your own work and tons of hrs doing it you have no say here / do you understand?

I have now made contact with the owner of VPD. I asked him a few questions and he actually answered. 

I asked followup questions but he accidentally blocked me before he had time to answer. I asked him again on a second account after he told me the block was an accident. 

6xzbmy5.jpeg

rLTYdQ6.jpeg

I will return if I get answers to my followup questions. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Karmeck said:

I have now made contact with the owner of VPD. I asked him a few questions and he actually answered. 

I asked followup questions but he accidentally blocked me before he had time to answer. I asked him again on a second account after he told me the block was an accident. 

6xzbmy5.jpeg

rLTYdQ6.jpeg

I will return if I get answers to my followup questions. 

I've been completely transparent about everything. I have absolutely no reason to have made up any stories about any of this. 

Here is clarification on the software and theme that our sites use as the front end.  
Invision is the primary software.  Yes, their basic theme is fairly generic and multiple sites can look the same.  However, the theme we use is a paid theme called Shift.  Here is the demo site for the theme. Notice his test forum does not have a header image. The site owner can put in a logo and it, but the theme is not coded for a big header like we have.  Here is the discussion I had about making such changes.  I paid the developer of the theme to code a larger header, move the search, and a couple other changes.  I also had him create a dark version of the theme for me, which this theme does not do by default.  Notice, VPD does not have the dark version of the theme either.  VPU installed the current theme, I announced the features and stuff here in the forums... within a couple days VPD had installed/copied the theme and layouts.  VPD posted on the theme creators site asking for the same modifications to be done, but the theme creator refused because the modifications were requested and paid for by VPU.

theme.png

I'd just drop it... I watch his site on a regular basis and other people send me info.  The top banner message on this page is getting it's point across.  

The guy is legit mentally ill.

There was a fun film made for TV movie back in the late 90’s that was part of a Hallmark series on classic books. It was a big deal in the manner, that at the time these were near Hollywood movie productions straight to broadcast. 

One of the tales produced was Merlin. Though bastardized to a degree the story ended by defeating the antagonist, Queen Mab, by simply turning your back and forgetting they exist. That always stuck out in my brain stem, and oddly has done me well in life with certain people. 

The guy craves attention….it doesn’t matter if it’s negative, it’s still attention. It’s not the perfect situation where the subject never comes up. I don’t mean that….but if we turn our back for the most part….if people educate themselves on the happenings and don’t log into his site, he has nothing. 

That’s the part I wrestle with the most is “why” does he do what he is doing. It’s my opinion it’s for attention of someone with a mental illness….a sort of sadist that enjoys mocking, and making others lives more difficult….and the best method I can think of is to just not give him this attention directly. Within these doors we can flip the finger, and call a spade a spade…but I think it best to leave him alone directly. You know he’s going to be like a child pulling at an adult’s shirt saying “look look….hey hey.” One of the worst things you do can is interview the guy. I dare say one of the first things he thinks about in the morning is “how can I troll and be a clown shoe today, I want people to see me, talk about me, HATE me”. I’d bet he refreshes and checks this thread numerous times a day like heroin.  

The guy really is goofy in the head, I don’t think I can express this enough. I’m not a psychologist but I hang around behaviorists that are college professors and I’m sure they’d say something like “that is something that should, and can be diagnosed, and in the long run fixed”. Not to mention the delusions that were completely absurd. 

I didn’t  mean to be preachy in posting here, it’s just crossed my mind enough times you finally give in and share your thoughts. 

This should look familiar. Fun fact…that’s actually a young Helena Bonham Carter.

There are others out there profiting from selling Vp Authors works of art. here is a example of this company. they sell a virtual machine then hook you up with a harddrive fully set up with hundreds of tables. where is the outrage here??  this dude sells his machines in the US and the HD comes from overseas. where's the outrage over this company. there are more to blame then whoeever running the fake site. 

check this site and read the details. the harddrive is mentioned in the info.. 

URL REMOVED

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, gregh43 said:

There are others out there profiting from selling Vp Authors works of art. here is a example of this company. they sell a virtual machine then hook you up with a harddrive fully set up with hundreds of tables. where is the outrage here??  this dude sells his machines in the US and the HD comes from overseas. where's the outrage over this company. there are more to blame then whoeever running the fake site. 

check this site and read the details. the harddrive is mentioned in the info.. 

URL REMOVED

This is a different situation.  They have been brought up and reported many times.

On 12/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, Solters said:

What is your reason, anyway? Why don't you stop? No one really wants to talk about it any further.

My reason is that I want to hear both sides. I belive living in a political/opinion echo chamber is a bad thing. That's how you get Trump for president. 

Discuss and challenge you views and believes. Maybe you are correct and can just move on or, you are incorrect and get to evolve, if you are willing. 

And now after he blocked me a second time, together with more evidence of his misdeeds and hostile behavior. I can conclude he is an advanced troll, with greed as an extra perk. 

But it was important that he had a say, an opportunity to respond to what is said about him. 

I do agree with @Darkstar though. And I conclude that removing the banner and simply not talking about VPD will do the most damage, to both the site and his ego. 

On the contrary I’m 100 for the banner and educating the general public because it’s the best weapon…defense….whatever the word. I was pointing at talking to him directly for the most part. The guy is a loser, but in his mind he’s a rock star getting interviewed, having strange delusions etc. 

That old saying “Don’t feed the trolls”…I don’t think the banner is doing such, that is a PSA. Talking to the guy directly is just what I’d prefer not to do personally. Look at how he reacted to GG, put the puzzle pieces together…..Estas loco….And not in the fun way. 

45 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

On the contrary I’m 100 for the banner and educating the general public because it’s the best weapon…defense….whatever the word. I was pointing at talking to him directly for the most part. The guy is a loser, but in his mind he’s a rock star getting interviewed, having strange delusions etc. 

That old saying “Don’t feed the trolls”…I don’t think the banner is doing such, that is a PSA. Talking to the guy directly is just what I’d prefer not to do personally. Look at how he reacted to GG, put the puzzle pieces together…..Estas loco….And not in the fun way. 

Reading your first post made me think of this quote from Doctor Glas:

"People want to be loved; failing that admired; failing that feared; failing that hated and despised. They want to evoke some sort of sentiment. The soul shudders before oblivion and seeks connection at any price."

Also did not want to put words in your mouth. Therefor I started the sentence with "I conclude". 

Then I would suggest leave the banner, but remove all referens to VPD. That would make it more of a PSA.