Thanks, I'll check into that. 

You're right about the unique perspectives that you can get.  The first table that I've been messing with is my Bally 1964 Grand Tour.  One of the really great things that @bord does with the tables that we make is that he puts in a series of primitive wall segments along each rubber.  The inner most has the highest elasticity and scores (if the rubber has a leaf switch) and segments next to it have less elasticity while the segments over the posts have a third elasticity.  This not only restricts the scoring area to the middle but makes for spot on  physics when coupled with the dampening routines.  Long story short, the top right rubber's set of walls were set to visible but we didn't know this because you can't see it in cab or desk top modes.  From my vantage point in the head I saw the bubble gum pink walls!

I spent a few hours looking through the VR Pro Football table to see how these are made and now have a partially done Grand Tour.  If this works out I hope to bring all of my VP tables to VR.

OculusScreenshot1645744691.jpeg.e5ee22ceec8f4fbbb42a6637082eac02.thumb.jpeg.2075f952388bcbdd235dce480bbc6a70.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 11:37 AM, studlygoorite said:

You don't want to be using VPVR 10.7 for 10.6 tables and the updated 10.7 that will be backwards compatible with 10.6 tables isn't quite ready. I put together an All In One that fits your scenario (Quest 2 with Link), it has all of the files and folders you need with the updated shaders from Rob Ross, Opencomposite, settings and instructions mostly taken from Toby's awesome guide. If you want to give it a shot, this is what I posted at the VR Pinball Group Discord and on Meta :) 

To anyone who has an Oculus Headset (software installed) using a Quest 1 or 2 with Oculus Link or Air Link or a Rift with VPX running and working and would like an "All In One" installation of VPVR, just copy all into your Visual Pinball folder and read the "Readme Changes and settings.txt" (IMPORTANT) Most instructions/settings taken from Toby's Guide (thanks)

In this folder I have VPVR 10.6 with the updated shaders by Rob Ross (old shaders would not work for most with Nvidia updates), Opencomposite with the 32bit openvr_api.dll (that replaces the 64bit) and the opencomposite.ini file needed for opencomposite so SteamVR is not used.

Note, if using Steam VR and not Opencomposite you will need to remove all of the Opencomposite files and replace the 32 bit openvr_api.dll with the 64 bit that comes with VPVR and switch the OpenXR Runtime to Steam in the Oculus Software

I hope I am not forgetting something here, good luck https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jrecSgqSEf_mPKWTZ6KqXWARCLkicmVi?usp=sharing

If you want to stop by the VR Pinball Discord here is a link https://discord.gg/PB4gRD67DC

Thank you for this. It's definitely helped a ton!!! but I do have a couple of question......

Whatever video / graphic options I change in the VPinballX_GL is also being changed in VPinballX and vice versa. Does that mean every time you go to play VR pinball or pinball on my cabinet I will have to make those changes? 

Also, is there anyway to get the table lined up correctly and then it saves that position every time or do they need adjusted almost every time for every table? 

Thanks again for the great tutorial and the files!!

Edited by jrockrat

Studly pointed me in the direction of a  .bat file created by another member. I use that to quickly switch between cabinet mode and vpvr mode. 

in regards to placement of table, it’s always slightly off for me, I recenter it with the quest controller, but maybe there is a trick to 100% have it always line up correctly.

2 hours ago, jrockrat said:

Thank you for this. It's definitely helped a ton!!! but I do have a couple of question......

Whatever video / graphic options I change in the VPinballX_GL is also being changed in VPinballX and vice versa. Does that mean every time you go to play VR pinball or pinball on my cabinet I will have to make those changes? 

Also, is there anyway to get the table lined up correctly and then it saves that position every time or do they need adjusted almost every time for every table? 

Thanks again for the great tutorial and the files!!

Yep, there are some separate settings for each, you could give these two .bat files a try that were created by Scampa123, I use them and if I am not switching between VPX and VR with Popper VR I use these. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s1VKh7HorWRVo5omKbh9wx40nTCiDME0/view?usp=sharing 

• 7 months later...
On 2/24/2022 at 1:37 PM, studlygoorite said:

You don't want to be using VPVR 10.7 for 10.6 tables and the updated 10.7 that will be backwards compatible with 10.6 tables isn't quite ready. I put together an All In One that fits your scenario (Quest 2 with Link), it has all of the files and folders you need with the updated shaders from Rob Ross, Opencomposite, settings and instructions mostly taken from Toby's awesome guide. If you want to give it a shot, this is what I posted at the VR Pinball Group Discord and on Meta :) 

To anyone who has an Oculus Headset (software installed) using a Quest 1 or 2 with Oculus Link or Air Link or a Rift with VPX running and working and would like an "All In One" installation of VPVR, just copy all into your Visual Pinball folder and read the "Readme Changes and settings.txt" (IMPORTANT) Most instructions/settings taken from Toby's Guide (thanks)

In this folder I have VPVR 10.6 with the updated shaders by Rob Ross (old shaders would not work for most with Nvidia updates), Opencomposite with the 32bit openvr_api.dll (that replaces the 64bit) and the opencomposite.ini file needed for opencomposite so SteamVR is not used.

Note, if using Steam VR and not Opencomposite you will need to remove all of the Opencomposite files and replace the 32 bit openvr_api.dll with the 64 bit that comes with VPVR and switch the OpenXR Runtime to Steam in the Oculus Software

I hope I am not forgetting something here, good luck https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jrecSgqSEf_mPKWTZ6KqXWARCLkicmVi?usp=sharing

If you want to stop by the VR Pinball Discord here is a link https://discord.gg/PB4gRD67DC

Hi Studly!

I'm new to VR, I had my Quest 2 last week!!!!

I grab your files and VR worked out the box!!! but I can only play 10.6 tables...

When trying to update to 10.7 I have an error message IVRSystem_022... it's an Open Composite refered.

Reinstalled my backups 6 times already!

Do you have a similar package that worked fine but with 10.7 version?

Thanks for all your work!!!

34 minutes ago, CainArg said:

Hi Studly!

I'm new to VR, I had my Quest 2 last week!!!!

I grab your files and VR worked out the box!!! but I can only play 10.6 tables...

When trying to update to 10.7 I have an error message IVRSystem_022... it's an Open Composite refered.

Reinstalled my backups 6 times already!

Do you have a similar package that worked fine but with 10.7 version?

Thanks for all your work!!!

Sure, if you do update your VPVR in the future note that all of the updated builds come with a openvr_api.dll that is used with Steam VR not Opencomposite so you don't want to overwrite that baby. Here is an all in one using 10.7 (v266 build)  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12KW0MZN5JbOSmc9ACkV12bP2tV7o4Gvh?usp=sharing

Thanks!!!!!!!!

I'll try asap!

Yes, I realized that and and download the new one from OpenComposite page, but got an error when loading  ini file enableAudio=false

Also executed exe and got everything updated (dll's)

Tryed almost everything and.... THANKS again!!!

On 10/25/2022 at 4:37 PM, studlygoorite said:

Sure, if you do update your VPVR in the future note that all of the updated builds come with a openvr_api.dll that is used with Steam VR not Opencomposite so you don't want to overwrite that baby. Here is an all in one using 10.7 (v266 build)  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12KW0MZN5JbOSmc9ACkV12bP2tV7o4Gvh?usp=sharing

Hi Studly!!!

Thanks again!!!! it worked perfect!! I hesitate to respond you because Quest is new arrival in our family, and because of that, hard to put my hands on it!!! 😆

The only weird thing was there was no audio at Quest, with your previous version (10,6) this didn't happened... I touched windows audio devices and finally got working.

Another thing, when exitng a table from VR Launcher, it hangs. I need to exit and re open the launcher again... tomorrow I will to figure what's going on.

Again, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CainArg
text

4 hours ago, CainArg said:

Hi Studly!!!

Thanks again!!!! it worked perfect!! I hesitate to respond you because Quest is new arrival in our family, and because of that, hard to put my hands on it!!! 😆

The only weird thing was there was no audio at Quest, with your previous version (10,6) this didn't happened... I touched windows audio devices and finally got working.

Another thing, when exitng a table from VR Launcher, it hangs. I need to exit and re open the launcher again... tomorrow I will to figure what's going on.

Again, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

I've read your post at VPForums, what about running VPinballX_GL-10.8.0-351-b303f4e-Debug-win-x86 version? should I try it? or better stick with the one you post?

On 10/28/2022 at 10:36 AM, CainArg said:

Hi Studly!!!

Another thing, when exiting a table from VR Launcher, it hangs. I need to exit and re open the launcher again... tomorrow I will to figure what's going on.

Again, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

You may need to update your VR Launcher to 4.28 it fixes the table exit issue. If you didn't want to update, try holding whatever button you use to back out down for 3 seconds, then the table should close.

23 hours ago, CainArg said:

I've read your post at VPForums, what about running VPinballX_GL-10.8.0-351-b303f4e-Debug-win-x86 version? should I try it? or better stick with the one you post?

You can try any version you want :) you will find nice playfield reflections with the new ;) but just save your old in case you want to revert back and keep/don't overwrite your openvr_api.dl that you are using with Opencomposite

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings! I'm a Valve Index owner that is interested in using VPX in VR. The  links on this website linked to an archived github page that stated VPXVR and VPX had "merged"; if I understand correctly a seperate version of VPX is no longer needed. However, I can find no documentation on how to use the supposedly "built in" VR functionality in the latest version of VPX (10.7.2). No command line, no options that I can see. Can anyone enlighten me?

13 hours ago, TheGeek said:

Greetings! I'm a Valve Index owner that is interested in using VPX in VR. The  links on this website linked to an archived github page that stated VPXVR and VPX had "merged"; if I understand correctly a seperate version of VPX is no longer needed. However, I can find no documentation on how to use the supposedly "built in" VR functionality in the latest version of VPX (10.7.2). No command line, no options that I can see. Can anyone enlighten me?

Sure, if you have VPX installed "and working" you would need the VR build installed also, the builds are now over with the VPX builds. Go to Github/vpinball then click "actions" at the top, then on the left you will see vpinball (VPX) and the vpinball-gl (VR), click vpinball-gl and the workflows will show, pick the top most "master" build, scroll down to the file and install it into your Visual Pinball Folder....it uses Steam VR. So to play a VR table, you would have your headset connected to your PC with Steam VR running, double click the VPinballX_GL.exe and pick a "VR" table, put your headset on and enjoy. Note, VPW builds are Hybrids so they can play in VPX or VR, to play in VR go into the script and select VR, other tables "optimized" for VR may not require this.

Some settings...

VPX/Preferences/Video Graphics Options

*The following 4 settings are used for both VR and VPX should be set as follows....

*choose (don't stretch the ball for VR and cabinet anti-stretch the ball for VPX)
*max texture dimension choose (3072 for VR and usually unlimited for VPX)
*FS Backdrop (untick for VR and tick for VPX) Update, VR works with it ticked or not
*Force Exclusive Full screen (turn off for VR and enable for VPX)

On 11/18/2022 at 5:16 PM, studlygoorite said:

pick the top most "master" build

Hi, everybody.

Thank you for all your impressive development in pinball-simulation . I've found all your info very help to me and now I've got a fully working system for cabinet and VR. It's an amazing hobby thanks to everyone of you.

Now, I feel like a test pilot because started playing with the new versions (installed in other folders for safety and to prevent any interferences).

And I'm trying to understand wich are the diferences between every kind of builds: master, standalone, prerelease, release... Is there any place with an explanation about that? Why is ther 'master' version the recommended build? Could I try any other without problems? I wanna know.

THX & regards.

tom-cruise-top-gun.gif

6 hours ago, KrakenByte said:

Hi, everybody.

Thank you for all your impressive development in pinball-simulation . I've found all your info very help to me and now I've got a fully working system for cabinet and VR. It's an amazing hobby thanks to everyone of you.

Now, I feel like a test pilot because started playing with the new versions (installed in other folders for safety and to prevent any interferences).

And I'm trying to understand wich are the diferences between every kind of builds: master, standalone, prerelease, release... Is there any place with an explanation about that? Why is ther 'master' version the recommended build? Could I try any other without problems? I wanna know.

THX & regards.

tom-cruise-top-gun.gif

I wrote to use the "Master" builds not because I know why but because Sixtoe suggested it to someone on Facebook and Sixtoe knows more about VPVR than anyone. :) I see others using the Standalone versions without issue and I think Pre-Releases are builds proven to work well. @toxie would be the one to ask.....I'm curious too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, cmt26 said:

Studly pointed me in the direction of a  .bat file created by another member. I use that to quickly switch between cabinet mode and vpvr mode. 

in regards to placement of table, it’s always slightly off for me, I recenter it with the quest controller, but maybe there is a trick to 100% have it always line up correctly.

Hey cmt26!  I find that I have to be standing in the exact place that I want to be playing and facing perfectly forward at the time of connecting with Oculus airlink.
Hope this helps