Zebsboards Plunger - New Firmware release

Cross posting to increase awareness ....

Link to the firmware is available on the mainpage of my site....... www.zebsboards.com

zebsboards V4 R51

September 2021 V4R5.1_Expansion_16bit

Compatibility - All V3 plungers in existence

Changelog:

Pinball input control software written and developed by Zeb (Steve Ridgley)                                    http://www.zebsboards.com

*************************************************************************************************************************************
      Tested on very little with the high possibility that it may work under Visual Pinball, PBFX2, TPA, PinMame and Future Pinball
      Written and developed under the influence; specifically beer.
      Recompling is unnecessary for making it work.. compiles everytime....doesn't mean it works.
  *************************************************************************************************************************************

V4Rev5.1_September 2021 Revision

Plunger Serial Number V4R5109072021HB (as identified in Plunger USB Properties)

Revisions to software include:

- Added support for i2c accelerometer, onboard calibration switch (V4R5+ plungers only-coming soon), I/O expansion, future configuration utility software

- Changed accelerometer reporting to 16bit resolution from 8bit for greater response range

- Revised Gain Adjustment values and routine for greater range and better reporting

- Revised auto centering routine to work in conjunction with gain adjustment eliminating any offset at rest

- Keyboard mode now works in conjunction with Gamepad mode for easier visual confirmation of button presses, Gamepad only mode still available

- Moved TILT button to Button 17 and linked external input capability for tilt bobs

- Added support for 2 x I/O i2c expanders (32 button inputs total) - expanders available soon

- Added TILT Enable/Disable by serial command ('T' - enables/disables based on previous state)

- Reformatted serial commands to single character ('G' - gamepad, 'K' - keyboard, 'A' - analog mode, 'D' - digital mode, 'T' - Tilt Enable/Disable)

- Added 2x D-pads to report to allow for native joystick control - requires I/O expansion board

- Added infrastructure for future external button/key assignment through serial transmission - software based configuration utility

- Added firmware based detection and selection of existing hardware