[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Maverick VPW (for VPX 10.7) (Data East 1994)

@topper2k Temporarily, rename your db2s so it won't start, make sure vpx isn't in forced full screen. You really want to see that error, if vpx is going to let you. You are sure that you haven't polluted you install with stray *.vbs files ? Look in either users or tables folder. Admit, grabbing at straws here. Very surprised to see your issue.

@BobBungle Re-Download the table again. Also, make 100% sure that Windows defender or any other anti-virus program is messing it up for you.

• Content Provider

I found the culprit. The script file NudgePlugin.vbs seems to be causing the havoc. I deleted it and Maverick plays normally. Added it back and it crashes.

Any idea why that plugin would cause this table to crash?

Depends. Where did you get that plugin ?

If you downloaded it instead of renaming what is already provided in the scripts folder then you've been a bad boy.

Did you maybe download it from mjr's site ? If so, it is about time I head over to him, asking him to update or delete that file. Mjr's script was updated a couple of years back by DjRobX when I found an issue with it during beta of Star Ward DE at Monsterbash.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Thalamus said:

Depends. Where did you get that plugin ?

If you downloaded it instead of renaming what is already provided in the scripts folder then you've been a bad boy.

Did you maybe download it from mjr's site ? If so, it is about time I head over to him, asking him to update or delete that file. Mjr's script was updated a couple of years back by DjRobX when I found an issue with it during beta of Star Ward DE at Monsterbash.

Honestly, I have no idea. I may have downloaded it from MJR, but if so it was a while ago. I remember struggling to get accelerometer based tilting working before I got a tilt bob. I wonder if I downloaded it then.

If it's not needed then I'll just leave it deleted.

• Content Provider

Here's the comments from the top of the script. It does look like it came from MJR.

' MJR's nudge plug-in for cabinets with accelerometers and tilt bobs
' Anyone can use this freely for any purpose, but it has NO WARRANTY of any kind
'
' If your pin cab has an analog accelerometer and a real tilt bob,
' this plug-in will improve how tables handle input from the tilt bob
' switch.  With the standard VP core scripts, the tilt bob has the
' unwanted effect of sending a big simulated jolt to the table
' physics.  If you have an accelerometer, you don't want that extra
' "fake" jolt, because the ball is already getting the right amount
' of nudge action from the accelerometer input.

I don't think that the comments was changed in the update ?! Not sure. But, what you want. Is to rename NudgePlugIn_mjrAccelAndTilt.vbs to NudgePlugin.vbs - that activates it ... sort of and it is the updated one with the fix. Here I don't have issues with Maverick. VP looks for NudgePlugin.vbs, and if it finds it, activate it. If you look at the other "templates" in the scripts folder, they are for different types of nudge solutions.  Most of those are ancient tech for vp. A regular tilt bob is the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Once again - VPW delivers.  These guys shit greatness.  I own 15 real pinball machines, and play ALOT of (real) pinball.  The VPW team seems to be one of the few tables that keep the "legit" pinball feel.    THANK YOU!

• 2 years later...

Table could use a info update

showing info fortables/Maverick (Data East 1994)/Maverick (Data East 1994) VPW v1.3.vpx
      VPX Version: 10.7
       Table Name: Visual Pinball Demo Table
          Version: 1.1
           Author: [not set] [not set] http://www.vpforums.org/
    Save revision: 264
        Save date: Tue Dec  7 05:44:01 2021
     Release Date: [not set]
      Description: Press C to enable manual Ball Control via the arrow keys and B
            Blurb: [not set]
            Rules: [not set]