Complete Pin2DMD & Serum Colour File List for Virtual & Real Pins

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, if you're a coloring author, I've initiated a discussion about the future of dmdext and colorizations in a private club. You should all be invited, but currently VPU's notifications for club invites doesn't seem to work.

In order to participate, please join the club here, the discussion is here. If you don't have access and you're a coloring author, let me know and I'll add you. I've invited the people mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

List has been cleaned up and I'm hoping to have it finished tonight done!

If a real pin file is missing and isn't available to freely download here, please do not ask about it and read the post here, mainly the last sentence.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Thanks

• Terranigma changed the title to Complete Pin2DMD & Serum Colour File List for Virtual & Real Pins
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone is working on waterworld or goldeneye? we have a great number of colour dmd, great authors, but have so many great dmd without color yet, csi, 24, kingpin, barbwire, avatar...I'm tryng to learn edit and i know the hard work they do.

Super summary of the thread with color ROMs. I look here often. However, it would be useful to have instructions (or a link to instructions) on how to run color ROMs. A lot of users have problems with this. There has been a lot going on lately on this topic (Lucky/Freezy/Serum/Frezzy with Serum/32b/64b) so in order to know what to have installed for today you have to jump around many threads and connect the dots. It changes quickly (once you have to have serum.dll installed, the next moment you have to remove it because the latest version of Freezy supports Serum). Now Colourprism (Metallica) has appeared, and many people are asking what Colourprism even is (there are no instructions in the description). Google by the keyword "Colourprism" searches for information about the hardware version so it's really easy to get lost in it. Maybe in the header of the first post it would be worthwhile to insert an updated manual? Just such a suggestion. Thanks for this thread! ... and thanks to all the authors for their colorful ROMs of course!!! 

Edited by swietlikowa

• Content Provider

Hi @swietlikowa,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am more than happy to link a guide in the first post but as I am not even sure what the procedure is right now, I think it would be best to wait for someone else to put that together.

In general, colourprism is a Pin2DMD term associated with the firmware. It is seen on the boot screen of a real pin2dmd DMD. I just checked and this is in reference to the Pin2DMD firmware version for the context of Metallica. So on a Pin2DMD device you need that specific firmware listed on the readme which at this time is 4.49 for Metallica. This applies to real and virtual pin the same. @Redrum  may be able to add Pin2DMD to the start of the colorprism text to clarify.

11 minutes ago, Terranigma said:

Please read the update to the first post. Anyone who wants their content changed on the list please contact me. Any content missing is either removed for good or will be added back shortly.

Thanks

Thanks for keeping the list updated @Terranigma.  There are a few Serum releases that are no longer WIP:

image.png.7a86bf29a25aa762e6de4dd63c9dde1b.png

On 8/19/2023 at 9:22 AM, swietlikowa said:

Super summary of the thread with color ROMs. I look here often. However, it would be useful to have instructions (or a link to instructions) on how to run color ROMs. A lot of users have problems with this. There has been a lot going on lately on this topic (Lucky/Freezy/Serum/Frezzy with Serum/32b/64b) so in order to know what to have installed for today you have to jump around many threads and connect the dots. It changes quickly (once you have to have serum.dll installed, the next moment you have to remove it because the latest version of Freezy supports Serum). Now Colourprism (Metallica) has appeared, and many people are asking what Colourprism even is (there are no instructions in the description). Google by the keyword "Colourprism" searches for information about the hardware version so it's really easy to get lost in it. Maybe in the header of the first post it would be worthwhile to insert an updated manual? Just such a suggestion. Thanks for this thread! ... and thanks to all the authors for their colorful ROMs of course!!! 

@outhere has already done this. See here;

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3370-attack-from-mars-colorization/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-42753

• Content Provider
36 minutes ago, KRAKEN said:

There are a few Serum releases that are no longer WIP:

Thanks KRAKEN, this is now done.

Ebor did send me the updates, but I got a little sidetracked with the other stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Thanks, will add it shortly.

Edited by Terranigma

• 3 weeks later...