[New PuP-Pack Alert]Goonies PuPPack!

• Moderators

Goonies PuPPack!

The long awaited - long anticipated Goonies!

So many people to thank - Nailbuster, Andrew Walsh, Opeckie, Javier for the conversion Fluffhead35, Joey Beaulieu, Todd Adams. A lot of people had a piece of this at one point! There's 2 playfields included, pick the one you want with the editor or make a copy of the table and use them both! PuPDMD options are at the top of the table script for your setups, PuPPack options are included for a few different setup options as well. Enjoy.

Must be on 1.4.6 or newer. If you're having issues with the overlay / BG screen being black your pinup files are out of date.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=beta_releases&s[]=beta

Hello. Thank you for this table. I can only enable 1 player mode, is this correct or am I doing something wrong? I have adjusted max players from 1 to 4 in the script and can still only start player 1. 

Edited by greasymjae

• Content Provider
On 6/29/2021 at 10:22 AM, greasymjae said:

Hello. Thank you for this table. I can only enable 1 player mode, is this correct or am I doing something wrong? I have adjusted max players from 1 to 4 in the script and can still only start player 1. 

There is a bug in teh table.  Add battractMode = true in the ResetForNewGame subroutine and then give it a try

Sub ResetForNewGame()
    Dim    i
    StopAttractMode
    bGameInPLay = True
    bAttractMode = True

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 3:59 AM, fluffhead35 said:

There is a bug in teh table.  Add battractMode = true in the ResetForNewGame subroutine and then give it a try

Sub ResetForNewGame()
    Dim    i
    StopAttractMode
    bGameInPLay = True
    bAttractMode = True

Tha ks for this. I will try tonight. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:43 PM, outhere said:

Also noticed the lower left Slingshot has no animation and the DOF will not work on it

Here is a table script with the DOF updated for the solenoids

The_Goonies_6-24-2021_Original_2020.txt 304.13 kB · 19 downloads

@hawkeyez88 Did you ever get a chance to correct the left slingshot animation issue?

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having a few issues with this.  Seems like the transparency/overlays don't work correctly for the DMD on BG setup.  The LCD mode is hidden behind the Overlay layer.  If you change it to the LCD DMD, it does show.  Also, no score shows in the DMD at all - only videos (even with fixes noted above).

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2021 at 2:37 AM, Necromancyr said:

Having a few issues with this.  Seems like the transparency/overlays don't work correctly for the DMD on BG setup.  The LCD mode is hidden behind the Overlay layer.  If you change it to the LCD DMD, it does show.  Also, no score shows in the DMD at all - only videos (even with fixes noted above).

how do i enable the lcd dmd? as im having the same issue where the videos are hidden behind the overlay

• 2 weeks later...

When I load my table the backglass loads and shows the main image.  I can see the video playing on the main image, but the video never changes to anything else.  I have tried everything to get it to work.  This is my only PUP table I have that wont work and I'm at a lose.

Please Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 2:25 PM, wryker said:

I'm in the same boat as someone else - I have no score showing up. I have the BG w/the water flowing - but that's it. I have a 3rd screen for the DMD but nothing shows up

i have a similar issue as you. Did you get this to work?

3 hours ago, wryker said:

I ended up going w/the normal bg but did get the dmd working. but right now my puppacks aren't working so i'm on to figure out why (sigh).

I played around and saw that if I hide the BG DMD frame layer I can see the  video that plays in the DMD area.   

btw - I had a strange issue recently when pup packs all stopped working. Because they often use the DMD image to trigger, I realized my v 4.30 dmddevice.dll from Pin2DMD wasnt working with it.  I had to go back to dmddevice.dll from Freezy . 

15 minutes ago, KiwiBri said:

I played around and saw that if I hide the BG DMD frame layer I can see the  video that plays in the DMD area.   

btw - I had a strange issue recently when pup packs all stopped working. Because they often use the DMD image to trigger, I realized my v 4.30 dmddevice.dll from Pin2DMD wasnt working with it.  I had to go back to dmddevice.dll from Freezy . 

Try this
rename freezy.dll to dmdscreen.dll and turn off pin2dmd in the dmddevice.ini and use Lucky1 dll file in the VPinMame folder at the same time

Which Goonies table is this for?  There are two of them that I am aware of...

I tried this Pup Pack on both... got the overlay and background video on my backglass, but it seems that none of the videos for ball lost, etc are triggering.  I don't see any videos other than the default backglass one.   Any ideas I can try?

13 hours ago, outhere said:

Try this
rename freezy.dll to dmdscreen.dll and turn off pin2dmd in the dmddevice.ini and use Lucky1 dll file in the VPinMame folder at the same time

I've given up. I just wiped my drive. Everything I tried made something else worse....If i get the energy to start all over again I will....

17 hours ago, outhere said:

Try this

Thanks, I had done that previously and thats all working now, its the issue with the PuP pack that a bunch of us are having. Its like the one layer is covering the DMD area and is not transparent or something, as i can see the messages and video call outs playing behind that  dmd layer but right now its being covered

22 hours ago, KiwiBri said:

Thanks, I had done that previously and thats all working now, its the issue with the PuP pack that a bunch of us are having. Its like the one layer is covering the DMD area and is not transparent or something, as i can see the messages and video call outs playing behind that  dmd layer but right now its being covered

Hi! I tried to setup this table too and had the problem that the red marked part in the pic attached of the pup pack doesn’t show anything. Are you referring to the same issue? If not, is there shown anything in this part on your setup?

FAA6C5B9-F96C-4B83-A404-E18B5A217C73.png

1 hour ago, Pin666 said:

Hi! I tried to setup this table too and had the problem that the red marked part in the pic attached of the pup pack doesn’t show anything. Are you referring to the same issue? If not, is there shown anything in this part on your setup?

FAA6C5B9-F96C-4B83-A404-E18B5A217C73.png

yes, exactly how you describe it. I have the same issue.  I managed to get *some* text to show up there, like the scores and skill shot instructions  but I *know* its not correct, as right now in your shot, there should be a blue "Ball Saved" video played there.  I went into the pup editor and I hid Layer 13, and that hides that frame, and then you get to see the DMD area there.. thats how I know its notworking quite right. 
btw - neat how you have your Pin2DMD (?) in your cab like that.