[New VP10 Alert] Bad Cats (Williams 1989) VPW Mod

Bad Cats (Williams 1989) VPW Mod

"One More Time…"

This was one of VPWs first projects a few years ago after Brand1X had done a complete vector re-draw of it. At the time we released it with a lot of added dirt and scratches, but we always wanted a version a bit more cleaned up. In addition to new toolkit lighting, it has had a physics overhaul, and a very detailed Fleep sound pass with the sound package used in Bride of Pinbot (a table from the similar era). 

This update was driven primarily by Benji who did a great job updating the project with blender toolkit. Thanks to Apophis for his various scripting help and tutorials getting movables to work, Rothbauerw for various helps, Tomate for modeling new plastic ramps, Mcarter for all the script-side updates (especially Fleep sound package), Iaakki and MrGrynch for scripting support. 

Special Notes: VPX 10.8 Beta 7 (or higher) required for this table. This table also takes advantage of a new options page feature in 10.8, accessed via F12 key. The 3rd page in this menu has table specific options including some sweet mirrored side blades. These are disabled by default because they come at a decent performance cost, especially if you are playing in anaglyph or VR. The ‘Day/Night’ setting here is also where you will adjust the table brightness (not to be confused with the same functionality of old Day/Night slider).

This project is dedicated to Brad1X who has done a few amazing re-draws for us and this is his favorite pinball table!

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Tables starting out with really weird POV for me is kind of useful. It forces me to put them the way I want them right away. You guys really need to learn something besides just downloading and playing. This is a hobby for tinkers imo.

6 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Tables starting out with really weird POV for me is kind of useful. It forces me to put them the way I want them right away. You guys really need to learn something besides just downloading and playing. This is a hobby for tinkers imo.

I have to agree. It's at least a challenging hobby when you start from scratch... and the search, the learning and the tweaking is a half of the pleasure.

• Content Provider

If the description doesn't say "reuploaded from vpinball", then the tables had an update in some way shape or form.

For badcats the changes are in the readme above (2.01, 2.02, 2.03).

• 3 months later...

Win10 Pro v21H1

i7-11700K, RTX 3070 with yesterday's driver update 472.12

Oculus Rift CV1

VPX10.6.0 Final (Revision 3788, 32 bit)

VPM SAMBuild r5270

image.png.e31fa05a450cfdab75ae12e21d692cdc.png image.png.0d452c6963627c099dfc89794413e9b9.png

I don't recall changing anything. It seems to look the same in VR too, on VPX_GL 10.6.0 3725

image.thumb.png.a4a8fe50375f1f681966f3d3617d0709.png

• 9 months later...

Firstly, thanks so much to the team for this and all the other great work done. These recreations really are works of art and provide so much enjoyment to the VP community.

I have a basic cab and have been amending the POV on many tables. For some reason, I have issues with this table when amending the POV. The table plays fine as is, but when amending the POV to fit my cab, it feels like the flippers lose strength and I can no longer make the ramps on the table. Could anyone explain what the likely problem is and any workarounds? I try not to ask questions and work things out myself but this has had me stumped for a while. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, neil81992 said:

For some reason, I have issues with this table when amending the POV. The table plays fine as is, but when amending the POV to fit my cab, it feels like the flippers lose strength and I can no longer make the ramps on the table. Could anyone explain what the likely problem is and any workarounds? I try not to ask questions and work things out myself but this has had me stumped for a while. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Make sure you do not adjust the Z-scale, it will mess with physics. ALWAYS leave Z-scale at 1.

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, robertms said:

Make sure you do not adjust the Z-scale, it will mess with physics. ALWAYS leave Z-scale at 1.

In this instance z scale is 100%, not 1 on my end. Is that correct? I altered the settings as they were presented to me without changing the "view layout mode" from "camera".

I have a problem that happens randomly on this table, and it's that when shooting to the central ramp, the ball goes through the bottom and falls on the right side, as if I had shot to the left ramp (tiger ramp).

It seems that there is a missing transparent wall that should block this behavior on the central ramp.
Some friends told me they experienced the same issue.

On 12/15/2023 at 6:02 PM, dacstyle said:

I have a problem that happens randomly on this table, and it's that when shooting to the central ramp, the ball goes through the bottom and falls on the right side, as if I had shot to the left ramp (tiger ramp).

It seems that there is a missing transparent wall that should block this behavior on the central ramp.
Some friends told me they experienced the same issue.

I also had an issue yesterday when the ball was fired hard up the table,it seemed to jump through a gap and became stuck under the orange plastic and behind the yellow post between the tiger ramp and centre ramp. No amount of nudging could dislodge it and I had to restart the table.