[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Lethal Weapon 3 (Data East 1992) VPWmod

Lethal Weapon 3 (Data East 1992) VPWmod

OK, OK, OK! 
Lethal Weapon 3 table Tune-Up by VPin Workshop. 
It all started by again by just thinking about adding nFozzy’s physics and some missing textures in the original table, then we started replacing some primitives and reworking the existing ones, then the apron, cabinet, metal ramp, bats and a few other things were replaced. Totally new 3d inserts. Then different lamps were added to have a better lighting of all the new baked textures and finally adding a built in VR room...

• New/reworked primitives: tomate
• Baked ON/OFF textures: tomate
• Inserts: Sheltemke, oqqsan
• Scripting: oqqsan
• nFozzys physics: tomate, iaakki
• Fleep sounds: apophis
• Flashes & Lighting Overhaul: tomate, Sixtoe
• VR Room and fixes: Sixtoe, 360 Room by pattyg234.
• Miscellaneous tweaks: Sixtoe, tomate, oqqsan
• Testing: Bord, Rik, oqqsan, VPW team

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us, including most notably, Javier for the original vpx table, EBisLit for the new playfield image and 32Assassin for the rework. Thank you.

Thanks to Flupper for his beautiful domes and Bumpers caps, Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics and Fleep for sounds.

Enjoy!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/15/2021
  • Category
  • Link to B2S
    https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2181-lethal-weapon-3data-east1992/
  • Link to Media Pack
  • Permission to Mod
    Contact Author First.

Yesterday I tested the table, it plays fine, but the pup pack will not start. The old tables will start with pup pack but the new one not. The rom name is the same.... where is the problem... I hope someone has an idea.

On 5/16/2021 at 6:00 AM, Bertone said:

Yesterday I tested the table, it plays fine, but the pup pack will not start. The old tables will start with pup pack but the new one not. The rom name is the same.... where is the problem... I hope someone has an idea.

Change line 389 in the script to a "0" this will allow the pup pack to play. Update, it's now line 439 in the updated tabled, thanks Stoub.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I noticed a weird glitch the other day and was able to replicate it 5 times.

upon achieving a replay score over 130,000,000 - if you trigger a shootout animation - the moment you start pressing the launch button, the table freezes and the DMD says "2 balls missing"

I've been trying to beat my high score and every time I get past 130,000,000 I get hit with this 2 balls missing.

Any help would be awesome :)

• 2 years later...

Downloaded this today and for some reason it will not run/load in 64 bit when launching pinup popper front end, on any vpinball.exe. Tried 10.7.4, 10.8 early, mid and latest versions. works 100% vpx standalone 64 bit, but pinup popper will not launch this game in any 64 bit launcher. 

Works 100% in any 32 bit launch from popper.

This is not a pup pack question as I dont use them unless 100% necessary. 

Strictly game won't load in 64 bit when launching popper front end. 

Latest everything installed on 3 different platforms (cab,  desktop, handheld) all reeact same way. 

Thank you. Game is awesome. 

3 hours ago, mikepmcs said:

Downloaded this today and for some reason it will not run/load in 64 bit when launching pinup popper front end, on any vpinball.exe. Tried 10.7.4, 10.8 early, mid and latest versions. works 100% vpx standalone 64 bit, but pinup popper will not launch this game in any 64 bit launcher. 

Works 100% in any 32 bit launch from popper.

This is not a pup pack question as I dont use them unless 100% necessary. 

Strictly game won't load in 64 bit when launching popper front end. 

Latest everything installed on 3 different platforms (cab,  desktop, handheld) all reeact same way. 

Thank you. Game is awesome. 

Is Popper actually aiming at the 64-bit version you're using as standalone, or is it aiming to launch one at another location? Literally we had one person who was doing standalone from one location, and Popper was pulling from a completely different location, and it was messing with the screens of their cabinet in the process because it wasn't getting the correct "res" file. That could be what's happening here.

40 minutes ago, LynnInDenver said:

Is Popper actually aiming at the 64-bit version you're using as standalone, or is it aiming to launch one at another location? Literally we had one person who was doing standalone from one location, and Popper was pulling from a completely different location, and it was messing with the screens of their cabinet in the process because it wasn't getting the correct "res" file. That could be what's happening here.

I followed Vinny's issue on the discord and Smedleys subsequent suggestion that fixed it.

It's only one game doing this so I don't see that as a possibility for me. I have multiple alt launchers set up in the game general manager ranging from 10.7.4 32b to 10.8 latest 64b gl/dx builds and everything in between(multiple versions). Popper points to one vpinballx.exe. None of those other games ever have any problem when launching pinup front end. I was just wondering if this was a known specific Lethal Weapon issue before I go messing with launch scripts and whatnot.

I'm gonna reload the vpx file tomorrow morning and overwrite it to see if it's just some weird glitch. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Edited by mikepmcs