[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Cactus Canyon (& Continued) (Bally 1998) VPW Mod

Cactus Canyon (& Continued) (Bally 1998) VPW Mod

Welcome CACTUS CANYON, Partner!!

The VPin Workshop Discord members present this table tune-up.

This started out as a "quick" physics update, but we ended up adding so much more!
•    Inserts & Lighting Overhaul: Skitso
•    nFozzy physics: apophis
•    Roth Drop Targets: rotherbauerw, Sixtoe, apophis
•    Fleep Sounds: apophis
•    Fluppers Flashers & VR Room: Sixtoe
•    Miscellaneous tweaks: Skitso, apophis, oqqsan, Sixtoe, tomate, iaakki
•    Testing: Rik, Panik Flip gaming, VPW team

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including, most notably, Ninuzzu and Tom Tower.

Thank you to Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics. Thanks you to Fleep for sounds. Thanks to all before us.

' 000 - Skitso -  Updates to lighting, inserts, some flashers and LUT
' 001 - apophis - nFozzy flippers, rubber dampening, and materials applied. Adjusted plunger physics settings
' 002 - apophis - Added Fleep sounds package
' 003 - apophis - Added ramp sounds, fixed an issue with my implementation of flipper sounds, and hopefully fixed the stuck ball issue inside Bart 
' 004 - apophis - Cabinet POV adjusted. Ramp rolling volume decreased, ball rolling volume increased slightly. Updated controller loading code,
' 005 - apophis - Adjusted autoplunger physics parameters. Removed duplicate flipper collision functions. 
' 006 - apophis - Fixed GameTimer bug that prevented ball shadow from working. Added ShowBallShadows option. Fine-tuned autoplunger (thanks oqqsan)
' 006a - oqqsan - Added dynamic instruction card
' 007 - apophis - Added BartHatSoundEffects option. Removed unnecessary beer mug from game.
' 008 - skitso - Improved GI and inserts
' 009 - apophis - Updated flipper tricks to the latest version
' 010 - Sixtoe - Added vr cabvinet and room, fluppers flashers & roths droptargets, which are currently broken.
' 011 - apophis - Fixed drop targets. Change the method to check when target was successfully hit.
' 012/3 - Rotherbauerw - Fixed drop targets.
' 014 - Sixtoe - Added sound effects for drop targets, tried to fix ball traps, tidied up VR stuff, fixed rails, added rollover holes, changed rubber holder prims, adjusted a few minor things.
' 015 - iaakki - Fixed Desktop POV, 
' 016 - Skitso - Remade all GI, altered some DL/DLFB values and modified textures for more accurate lighting.
' 017 - Sixtoe - Added Bart & hat to GI, adjusted to right GI so it doesn't look broken in GI, tweaked a few things including decals on  traintrack
' 018 - apophis - Adjusted Cabinet POV

' 019 - Sixtoe - VR specific fixes and automatic switches, combined some timers, GI tweaks

20 hours ago, meisterjim said:

First, this is by far the best table ever :)

I have big issue with my Proc, i change it in the script and its works, bud in Gun Fihgts its not work, its thare a change to fix the Proc mode :)

I have the same issue here on my 2 machines, and a friend can play without any problem.
Targets don't works or can't count points.
Only with P-ROC, with Vpinmame all is right.

For information all works fine with the other version "Cactus Canyon Continued _TTNZ  v2.0".

• 3 weeks later...

@DeathInc Can't say 100% for sure as this is a modification to the TT/NN release. It might be, though I doubt it, that there will be separate versions. It at least used to be so that all you had to do was to change that one variable. I'm sure they will let us know once they have fixed the small issues with the drops while in PROC mode.

I just downloaded the new version.  It works great with 10.6.  But will not run on 10.7 beta.  Neither the old or this new version will run on 10.7.  I know this isn't the best place to ask.  But is their a issue with CCC and 10.7?  I thought I read something about it somewhere, but I will be damned if I can find it.  Maybe something with the scripts folder?  Getting old and cant remember.  Any help would be appreciated.

19 minutes ago, DeathInc said:

I just downloaded the new version.  It works great with 10.6.  But will not run on 10.7 beta.  Neither the old or this new version will run on 10.7.  I know this isn't the best place to ask.  But is their a issue with CCC and 10.7?  I thought I read something about it somewhere, but I will be damned if I can find it.  Maybe something with the scripts folder?  Getting old and cant remember.  Any help would be appreciated.

What doesn't work on this latest version

It works fine for me on 10.6.  But will not work on 10.7 beta.  The old CCC won't run with 10.7 either.  CC runs fine with 10.7.  Just not the PRoc version.  I could have sworn I read something about a fix.  But just cant seem to find it.

30 minutes ago, outhere said:

In this version of 10.7     VPinballX_169.exe
They both work for me  CC and CCC

Ok, so its just me.  Looks like I am on a mission then.

I am on version 10.7 VPinball_185_rc

Thanks Outhere

*********Ok, my P-Roc was screwed somehow.  None of my P-Roc tables worked.  Thanks again Outhere!!**********