An update on Radiant Silverball

Great vid!  Thanks for posting!!   *runs to eBay, finds Tardis USB port for $20 - hits click*     whoops, I didn't even notice but I hope the top lights up!

That is a pro-looking build.  You're one of the more knowledgeable minds around here so I expected to see a much more complicated set-up inside.  But that's one of the simplest interiors I've seen.   Nice.  And the chimes!  Did I see you have a vid about those?  Need to check that out as it's a feature I'd like to add.  But oof...used chime units are hard to find and pricey.   What are you using?  

Thanks for the vid Lynn!!

Yeah, the TARDIS top lights up... and it's an optional thing, there's a switch to turn it off, I actually have it turned off.

I prefer to keep things simple. I'm adding an RGB flasher bar soon with undercab support, and I plan on tying it into the existing 12v supply - right now it's running on the wall wart Steve at Zeb's Boards puts in the box. But that's going to come once I get the 49" 4K screen in to replace the playfield screen with. The 47" is currently just on a "sled" mount that's just sat into the cabinet, it's a tight enough fit I have to remove the siderails to get the screen out, the 49" is going to get a nice rotating mount so I can service it without needing my husband to help take the playfield out.

I used a set of Gottlieb chimes. I was patient and waited for a good price to come up on one. I think we got under $75.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, good luck on the chime unit. I know ours wasn't $20.

Yeah, it's a neat toy... we just don't have room on our desks for that hub, but it makes for a nice little smile maker whenever I reach into the cabinet to plug in a drive. I'm fairly certain my husband purchased it new. It's not the only silliness in the cabinet. When I got the lockdown receiver, it was rusty and didn't clean up as well as I'd like. Titan Pinball makes excellent labels for the receiver in question, and I paid a little extra for a custom one that reads, "Install 0 Balls".

• Like 1