Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Content Provider

********   Download DMDExt 1.9 (beta)   ********

 

- currently 1.9 beta is not available on GitHub

- download the x86 (32bit) version attached to the bottom of the first post (DO NOT use the 64 bit version)

- this will change when DMDExt comes out of beta

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 4:25 AM, db10145216 said:

Not sure if it is just me, but Freezy or Github pulled the Beta Version from the site. I can no longer find the zip or installer for the Beta Version. 1.8 is still the latest version, but beta is no longer there. Any ideas?

 

Neither, it was the CI (AppVeyor) that reduced the life time of the build artifacts from six months to one. But as Terry said, it's released and you grab it from GitHub now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi , I have setup everything up and freezy works fine on the relevant FP tables no problem, I noticed at the start of this thread it was mentioned that Freezy could be disabled for certain pinevent tables

"can be used only when you want to use it, not just forced to autorun on all tables (this is handy if you don't want to use this while playing PinEvent tables"

 

I cannot seem to locate the info on how this is acheived.

( for example i can see freezy running under the pinevent halloween dmd which it does not need to be 

 

any guidance on this minor issue would be appreciated

 

TIA ;)

Edited by ktmspark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider
1 hour ago, ktmspark said:

Hi , I have setup everything up and freezy works fine on the relevant FP tables no problem, I noticed at the start of this thread it was mentioned that Freezy could be disabled for certain pinevent tables

"can be used only when you want to use it, not just forced to autorun on all tables (this is handy if you don't want to use this while playing PinEvent tables"

 

I cannot seem to locate the info on how this is acheived.

( for example i can see freezy running under the pinevent halloween dmd which it does not need to be 

 

any guidance on this minor issue would be appreciated

 

TIA ;)

 

 

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4934-pinup-popper-baller-installer-future-pinball-tips/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Freezy is working well for me, but is it possible to show it "on top" of the FP window, basically overlaying it?

 

I've got the unusual setup of a single screen portrait mode screen, so I've configured the playfield to fill my entire screen, and I'm trying to add the DMD somewhere (probably one side of the apron area). Freezy works but the "--virtual-stay-on-top" option does not make it display "over" the playfield. As long as FP has focus, it just hides the DMD. Is what I'm trying to do even possible?

 

And if that won't work, I've also been trying to edit the tables to "move" the DMD from the backglass to the playfield by recreating it. This works, but there doesn't seem to be any way to resize it to fit it within the apron. Is there a way to size a DMD within the playfield area?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider

No, you can't resize the FP DMD on the playfield.

 

No you can't have DMDext appear "on top" of the FP app when its running in Fullscreen. You don't want to run FP in Windowed or forced Borderless Windowed as it won't run very well on more demanding tables.

 

Both FP and VPX weren't really designed to have a separate DMD window displayed on the playfield screen in cabinet mode.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Anyone know how to get the pinup popper menu DMD's to work in pindmdv3?  Got it working in the games but while in the menu, would love to show the game system name.  There is a DMD on the backglass working so I know it's available..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2021 at 10:44 AM, Wavfact said:

Anyone know how to get the pinup popper menu DMD's to work in pindmdv3?  Got it working in the games but while in the menu, would love to show the game system name.  There is a DMD on the backglass working so I know it's available..  

 

Did you get your pindmd V3 working with future pinball?

 

I cant seem to get it working, working great in VPX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Elleray1980 said:

 

Did you get your pindmd V3 working with future pinball?

 

I cant seem to get it working, working great in VPX

Here is my script:

 

rem Enable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode


d:
cd "D:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME"
start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=futurepinball -q --fps 60 -d pindmd3 --port com3 -g "[GAMENAME]" --use-ini="D:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\DmdDevice.ini"


REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if "Custom Launch Param" = PinEvent

if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Launch Future Pinball


START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 5 60 "BSP Software*"
START "" "[DIREMU]\BAM\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Elleray1980 When Posting code/script
After you paste it highlighted and then at the top click these 2 little arrows  <>
Otherwise there's a chance if somebody copies it, The code will not work because some of the special characters may be altered

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, how can you find out which version you have installed please? I've ended up here trying to fix a flickering DMD and one suggestion was to update to the latest Freezy. I used Nailbuster's Baller installer and wanted to understand which version I had installed before I started messing around and potentially cocking things up. Thanks in advance, DtM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider
On 10/24/2021 at 6:36 AM, DtM2000 said:

Hi, how can you find out which version you have installed please? I've ended up here trying to fix a flickering DMD and one suggestion was to update to the latest Freezy. I used Nailbuster's Baller installer and wanted to understand which version I had installed before I started messing around and potentially cocking things up. Thanks in advance, DtM

 

Baller Installer currently does not include dmdext 1.9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi Terry hoping you can help me here.

 

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but I've gone through your instructions multiple times, but for some reason I cannot get the DMD position and size settings to save for FP tables.

 

Even though I clearly see the position and dimensions being saved in Dmddevice.ini.

 

Visual Pinball X and FX3 both are working perfectly.

 

I've attached both DmdDevice.ini and my FP launch script from Pinup Popper for reference.

 

If you have a chance, can you please review and let me know if you can identify where I might be going wrong?

 

 

 

 

DmdDevice.ini FP launch Script.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Content Provider

I don't have a chance.... as I am still recovering from a stroke, and haven't been on my cabinet for many months, and haven't been able to test any new updates for DMDext, which is why my time is focused on my other projects that I can do.

 

I'm sure others who have been able to get it working can chime in with what they needed to do.

 

Be sure to get the latest update... as there have been a few since 1.9 was released.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No worries Terry!  Wish you well on your road to recovery.

 

Outhere,

 

I am running latest official version of DMDext (dmdext-v1.10.2).  Previous versions also had same issue.    

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...