[New VP10 Alert] Metallica Premium Monsters (Stern 2013) VPW Mod

Metallica Premium Monsters (Stern 2013) VPW Mod

Metallica Premium Monsters Table Tune-Up by members of VPin Workshop Discord. This was a long road for a table mod. Work started by EBisLit with brand new playfield 4 months ago. Playfield is now straighter than the one this had originally. This meant that the whole table had to be rebuild, so the table geometry is closer to the original table now. Added Flupper inserts, new flashers, Fleep sounds, latest nFozzy physics, some new textures, countless hours of tweaks and testing.

• Playfield: EBisLit
  • Inserts: EBisLit
  • nFozzy physics: Benji, iaakki
  • Re-alignment: Sixtoe, iaakki
  • Toys: Tomate
  • Fleep Sounds: Benji
  • Lighting: iaakki, Sixtoe
  • VRRoom: Sixtoe, iaakki
  • Miscellaneous tweaks: iaakki, Sixtoe, Tomate
  • Testing: Rik, VPW team

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including, most notably, HauntFreaks, Freneticamnesic, Sliderpoint, Byancey, Dark, Peter Docker. This is a mod of a mod of a mod, so thanks to all before us.

Thank you to Flupper for 3D insert techniques. Thank you to Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics.

UPDATE 106: We got some more feedback from Rik and EB how to make this play even more like the real cabinet. This ended up fine tuning slope angle, flip angles and various parameters of the table to make it a bit harder to play. LUT is now saving correctly. Tomate rendered better wireramps and Skitso finetuned lighting. Oqqsan made wheel image. Enjoy.

• Content Provider
On 4/8/2021 at 9:05 AM, surfista said:

Hi, I had thé problem with thé ball not going into the snake. Any tips? Could it be solved with this version?

I bet you changed Z settings on backdrop option panel.

If you change Z settings any time, you may find those kind of problems on any tables...ball not going to hole, not going up on a ramp etc etc.

Redownload it and try it before you change anything. If you can hit in the snake we got a solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi.  Awesome table.  Thanks so much for all your work for so many to enjoy.  
Quick question:  My table color looks washed out ( faded, not vibrant).  I’ve seen this mentioned elsewhere.  I tried adjusting with F6 options and the night/day slider, but can’t get my table to like like it does on some YouTube videos.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Thanks again!

DJ MURB

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2021 at 11:13 PM, murb said:

Hi.  Awesome table.  Thanks so much for all your work for so many to enjoy.  
Quick question:  My table color looks washed out ( faded, not vibrant).  I’ve seen this mentioned elsewhere.  I tried adjusting with F6 options and the night/day slider, but can’t get my table to like like it does on some YouTube videos.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Thanks again!

DJ MURB

I have the same problem; using a quest 2 with Air link and this table but not others looks very washed out. Could it be that I'm using VPX 10.6 and not 10.7?

Also, there is no backbox showing and the dmd is showing as very small*

*on this note, is there a guide somewhere to get VR tables to show the freezy DMD/colour roms I have working with the non-VR VPX?

• 4 weeks later...

Love this table so much!  Want to dial in an issue I'm having so badly so it's perfect for me. 

I love to hear the ball rolling on my tables, and I usually reduce the "2000" in this line of the script to 50:  Vol = Csng(BallVel(ball) ^2 / 2000.  However in the VPW Metallica code it only shows:  "Vol = Csng(BallVel(ball) ^2)".   Sorry for the noob question but what's the best way to increase ball rolling sound?  I've added louder FX_ballrolling files in the past also but that doesn't seem to help here either.  I don't want mechanical sounds louder, just ball rolling.

Thanks!

Edited by ThinkFordFirst

• 3 months later...

Autoplunger in Multiball doesnt work on my system (I remember someone saying in another thread, it might be problem on european (!?) systems?  the solution was to change y- coordinates of the plunger or such...) Any suggestions? Thx!

Edited by makmak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 5:31 PM, CactusDude said:

People with washed out looking tables - have you tried changing the LUT with the magna save keys? I think one (or a few) of the LUT choices remove a lot of the vibrancy from the table.

Thanks! I hit the CTL key one time worked for me. I was so baffled by why the table didn't have inky blacks even on the darkest settings in the table options. Now it looks fabulous. I appreciate it!

• 4 months later...

Hello, great table, but this is the only one from 290 tables I have from VPX that has a slow prerformance. The balls changes from one place to another like magic; there´s no smooth movement. 

Has anyone faced any similar issue? What was the solution?

I tried to reduce Element Detail level, disabled ball reflection and elements reflection, but the perfomance is very poor.