The Getaway - High Speed II Malenko Edition

In the meantime you can test one other thing yourself.

Please download the latest editor from google drive and export/test with that version.

I recognized that it changed the size of the project when I saved it.

Maybe it already fixes your problem

Thanks - I'll do this tomorrow morning and let you know asap. :)

Please also disregard the yellow pixels in some of the frames at this point when you look at it. This is unrelated and intentional at this moment.

Edit: just tested with an export from the new editor and that seems OK. Also a restart of PC in between. Fingers crossed.

Edited by sprudeldudel

OK, I think I found a way to reproduce with the new editor, just downloaded off gdrive..

This is really difficult to write, but.

1. Connect pin2dmd in USB live preview mode.

2. click a trigger for the VM and scroll through the frames.

3. I encounter a wrongly marked pixel on lambo position seven for left car, position 1.

4. leaving everyhgting connected, I disable "live preview" and fix the pixel in scene "zz_vm_s07_LCM", frame 19.

5. I save the file and export to real pin.

6. I power off the pin2dmd, and take out SD card

7. I place the new export onto SC card.

8. I power up pin2dmd and enable live preview.

9. I scroll around the VM and notice a problem in "zz_vm_s07_LCM"

10. I go to the project to this frame and see frame 0 has been replaced by a copy of frame 19 of the same scene. Not just the coloring, but the actual frame. I never changed the scene to replace. I was LCM throughout this process.

--> Not afraid anymore that other stuff is getting screwed, but only the scene that gets edited. MAnageable, once the issue is fixed. I hjave three screwed scenes right now.

@lucky1

I placed a zip of project BEFORE and AFTER this problem in zipfiles on the dropcbox you have the link to in PM. I think that should be good evidence of what happened.

1235905719_frame19AFTER.thumb.jpg.4eadda552b5f116b0452fc9c12c6624e.jpg1686358812_frame0BEFORE.thumb.jpg.3cf084dc0eef5dcf9edae12ef8db2101.jpg465677689_frame19BEFORE.thumb.jpg.5e893ca8097455c188197fef33c04c2e.jpg625515380_frame0AFTER.thumb.jpg.6d519ec7d49ca96c92a8c47c84e8f860.jpg

Edited by sprudeldudel

There was definitely a bug in the editor in the past where frame 0 was overwritten by a later frame in a scene. I still see this a lot in an older version of the (16 colour) editor I am using for a demo man update, but I can't work out consistent replication steps (so I know what not to do!!)

I haven't noticed it happening to me working on a different 64 colour project, but I don't used LCM very much in that project, only one scene so far, and haven't seen the same bug crop up yet.

Perhaps the original bug is still knocking around for the LCM scene type? Endprodukt mentioned it here...

It's a long shot but if you ever fixed anything to solve that bug lucky, then maybe a similar fix is needed elsewhere?

9 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

4. leaving everyhgting connected, I disable "live preview" and fix the pixel in scene "zz_vm_s07_LCM", frame 19.

5. I save the file and export to real pin.

Did you change to frame to a different frame between those 2 steps to make sure the frame data is saved ?

16 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Did you change to frame to a different frame between those 2 steps to make sure the frame data is saved ?

I can't say in the latest example, but the times before (which affected LCM 11 and LCM 12) definitely yes, because I was browsing around the file after.

However, that the frame data was saved is visible by comparing the before- and after-images of frame 19. that one pixel is changed from purple to dark red. so that data was definitely saved.

16 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Maybe the logfile of that session which is in C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\Temp could help

to find out more.

Placed all of them in the dropbox you have the link to. :)

It should be the second latest one in there. only opened the editor afterward to see whether the old state from the backup was sucessfully recovered.

Anything before 18h yesterday should not have the issue. Thats is when i first noticed it.

Edited by sprudeldudel

9 hours ago, slippifishi said:

There was definitely a bug in the editor in the past where frame 0 was overwritten by a later frame in a scene.

Was this only frame 0 and does this mean it can be a workaround to simply not use that first frame and therefore not care what is in it? in that case i would just add a nonsensical frame to the beginning of each LCM scene and get on with it ?!

Just to be clear I am not saying this is definitely the same bug, I am sure lucky would have mentioned if he felt it was related, it was just a long shot because I still see it from time to time in my old 16 colour project and (surprisingly!) could remember Endprodukt mentioning the same issue last year.

But to answer your question, yes, it is consistently frame 0 that gets replaced.

Really don't know what causes it; I usually always have live preview enabled and I still make heavy use of manually switching between replace and colour mask modes, so my gut feeling it's a combination of some or all of these actions, but that is pure speculation only.

I could reproduce the problem, by doing the following:

- modify any frame in animation which is not 0

- export to real

- save project

Will be fixed in the next version. Currently just commit the changes to the frame by pressing e.g. the next frame  button before exporting the project.

34 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Found another place where the issue could happen. Please download again.

Cant paste in "smart mode" inside replace scene with this version.

Resproduce:

open a replace scene with more than one frame

go to frame M

press CTRL C

go to frame N, PASTE (in smart mode) and observe color change

change frame to another frame

go back to frame N

pasted color is not committed. 

On 10/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, slippifishi said:

Really don't know what causes it; I usually always have live preview enabled and I still make heavy use of manually switching between replace and colour mask modes, so my gut feeling it's a combination of some or all of these actions, but that is pure speculation only.

To avoid this issue in older releases make sure that you have activated a recording and not a scene in the moment you export to real pinball or save your project.

ARRRGH !! And the new version crashes with a NullPointer when you do this.

New version this evening ....

13 hours ago, lucky1 said:

New version is up !

Thank you. I'm working with it now and want to ask if you have changed something on the functionality of creating LCM masks.

Before, I was able simply copy/pasting it into the LCM scene from a separate replacement scene (using color 2 of group one) and then, when defining a D-mask. This funtionality seems gone. However, it is absolutely essential to me, as my masks are very complex and not intuitive. There is no way I can draw them manually consistently.

I remember I reported a bug, where you could paste masks into LOCKED LCM D-masks, but now its not even possible in an unlocked D-mask.

Edited by sprudeldudel