The Getaway - High Speed II 64 color Edition

• Content Provider
41 minutes ago, sprudeldudel said:

Will CM-sequence also free ressouces, like LCM does? Reason I'm asking is that LCM doesn'T do too well on the transition scenes, and the sequence mode would be better, because it will hold the colormaks until the next scene - and thereby covering also the transition scenes.

I'm looking at things like the bonus multiplier count at the end of a ball...

Compared to single frame colormasks yes. If you always have the same entry keyframe into the scene, CM-Seq will save you global keyframes. CM-Seq has some limitations compared to LCM. The entry keyframe must be the first ColorMask frame of the scene and the scene can only have 128 frames maximum.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, sprudeldudel said:

Chapter 9: ColorMask or Replace Sequence mode – Pin2Dmd

When in the xxx-sequence modes. is the scene only looking for THE NEXT or ALL FOLOWING hashes in that scene?

In the meantime ALL. Was NEXT on older versions.

2 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

Would you be able to post a priorized list of things that are ressouce intensive and a good thing to eliminate?

1. Number of Masks

2. Number of Keyframes

• Content Provider

I had a look at the code for LCM and LRM and found two things that might improve the speed a little bit.

First I can add a check wether there are duplicate planes in the frames received from the machine and skip the keyframe  check for that plane. A frame from a WPC machine is generated by sending 1 plane once plus 2 times the second plane. Look at the RAW recording hashes to see what I mean. Only in transitions it could happen that there are 3 different planes.  I don´t expect that much from that because in video mode there are a lot of transitions due to objects constantly moving.

Second I will stop searching the planes for triggers if matching trigger(s) are found for that plane in the LCM/LRM scene.

That "limits" the author of LCM and LRM colorizations for frame to a single plane which means ALL objects of a frame have to use the first OR the second hash in the list.  I don´t think that is a problem because e.g. for this video mode a full frame constists of 3 times the same plane. For other colorizations which use the LCM mode as a container that should also be no problem because they only color full frames and not objects like in this video mode.

Preferably you choose the first plane (hash) in txt dumps or the plane that is only sent once in RAW dumps, because you may save up to 2 times searching all keyframes/masks combinations  within the LCM scene.

I will test this tomorrow and make a new firmware release.

• Content Provider

That one is also caused by livepreview. Please disable live preview before editing your project.

Most likely the freezing can be stopped by resetting or disconnecting the pin2dmd device. This will release the USB connection which is blocking the editor.

23 minutes ago, sprudeldudel said:

Please include a global hotkey for "next frame" (without needing to click on the buttons first). it would save me a TON of time with these many frames, which all need the same change. :)

In case you aren't aware, there is a shortcut for forward and back one frame (left arrow/right arrow), as long as the actual dot editor has focus.

Though I suspect this is not what you are referring to; from the little sequence type scenes work I've done I can only imagine you are talking about that moment just after you have used "Set Hash" and want to navigate through all the frames as quickly as possible? In which case, yes I agree, a global shortcut to forward one frame, or at least shift focus to the next frame button would be great.

My workaround is to make the editor window as small as possible, this at least minimizes the amount of physical space required to move the mouse :) 

• Content Provider
53 minutes ago, slippifishi said:

I can only imagine you are talking about that moment just after you have used "Set Hash" and want to navigate through all the frames as quickly as possible?

CTRL click on the navigation arrows next to the set hash also forwards the scene frame. 

• Content Provider

I don´t have enough experience to do such optimizations of the JAVA GUI control.

Maybe someone else can help. The source of the editor is on github.

For now post your wish on github issues as feature request. Maybe some day Steve 

has time to take care of it. I currently only try to fix bugs as good as I can.

• Content Provider
28 minutes ago, sprudeldudel said:

Just played a bit and there are a few scenes whoch are not triggering - in this case replacement scenes - the cop driveby "mbl_awd_l3_trap_xx"

That's  not the only one tho.

In both versions ?

• Content Provider

Could you try if it triggers in live preview ?

Those frames are triggered by the second hash and in WPC machines this is not very reliable because it could be corrupted by transitions. Only use the second hash of WPC with RAW recordings.

• Content Provider
Just now, sprudeldudel said:

Nope it doesn't. But it did on 4.24

BTW ill send you the current version of the project in PM

That´s good . That way I should find the problem easily. I will check that tomorrow.

• Content Provider

BTW I have uploaded a new version of the editor which pastes only the selected area at the same place it was copied from if you press CTRL-V . In previous version it pasted the complete frame no matter what you selected.

I also was able to add a global hotkey for next and previous frame.

CTRL + ">" (greater sign)  = NEXT

CTRL + SHIFT + ">" (greater sign) = PREV

• Content Provider
On 10/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, sprudeldudel said:

wont trigger.

Stupid bug. A flag was not set correctly . Should work now.

BTW. Your latest project still does not use the change that would bring the biggest performance boost.

You still use 19 LCM scenes and switching from one to another LCM scene is happening constantly during VM gameplay. Putting all frames into a single LCM scene is best practise.

I thought you were already testing this, when you were talking about lambo only.

• Content Provider

No, but the link message simply tells that you should add a link to the original recording frames to make sure the calculated hashes are based on the data coming from the machine and not on the modified replacement frame.

• Content Provider

I just tested it in my live preview and the frame triggered correctly. However when I scroll through the scene some frames remain uncolored but that is caused by the delay set to short in the single frames or better use CM sequence instead. 

P.S. and use the first hash instead of the second.

• Content Provider

this is a replace scene, so it would need to be replace sequence.

right!

if you say the firmware works correctly

At least what I tested was the same on 4.24 and the beta. 

• Content Provider

thats what didnt work initially. only using the second (or was it third) hash actually initally fixed the trigger issue.

That is very strange when using WPC txt dumps. The plane for the second hash in a txt dump could be a mixture of two frames due to transitions. Simply compare the hashes of the same frame from a txt and a raw dump. You will see that the second hash is only the same like in the txt dump when you have two planes with the same hash in the raw dump.