Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

I have got this great table working in P-Roc but have somehow managed to disable the train so it does not move.

I comes it with the message TRAIN DISABLED CHECK ENCODER SWITCH on the DMD when it first loads,

The train modes are all Enabled in the Settings  in the config & I can`t work out how to change it back to working in the DMD settings menu,

Any help would be much appreciated

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Confirmed that the author is not hosting the previous assets files on his server. So an updated Install CCC.bat is really needed. The project author was still committing code this week, but I have the

Cactus Canyon Extended Edition is not the same project. It’s from somebody who took the original project code, did some mods without permission, then started selling it. Not good. The project was mean

View File Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998) Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998) Since the original release of the table, Fast Flips support was added. Fast Flips

Posted Images

I don't know if I can be of any help but I'll try. Is there an NV Ram file anywhere in the installation folder? If sox try deleting it and restarting the game. I've never had any issues with the train and table has always played out of the box so to speak. Good luck! 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, stevegooner123 said:

I have got this great table working in P-Roc but have somehow managed to disable the train so it does not move.

I comes it with the message TRAIN DISABLED CHECK ENCODER SWITCH on the DMD when it first loads,

The train modes are all Enabled in the Settings  in the config & I can`t work out how to change it back to working in the DMD settings menu,

Any help would be much appreciated

CCC uses python and the p-roc. No vpinmame/no nvram. The error message you are getting is due to switch 71 - trainencoder. When the game starts, the train moves into position. If something is wrong with switch 71, you'll get this error.

trainEncoder is setup in the config\cc_machine.yaml It could be the vp table that you are using isn't configured properly to bridge over to the CCC code. There are a bunch of CCC vp tables (vp9 and vpx) which one are you using?

• Upvote 1

Actually I just tested this vp10 version - Cactus Canyon Continued _TTNZ  v2.0

It looks like if you have the PROC enabled, it disables the train. If you disable the PROC and use vpinmame instead, the train works just fine.

See the top of the script - 

line33                Const PROC = 1

If you change this to PROC = 0, the train will work but then you are playing the regular version of cactus canyon. I guess when the train mech was changed in VPX version 2.0, it broke the CCC train.

• Upvote 1

When i install CCC.bat ive get this error;
Downloading dmd assets
'wget' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
"Download failed. Exiting.... "

What should i do?

35 minutes ago, tobiashansson said:

Yes, i use P-ROC_Offline_Installer-v3.4

Page 7 may have some help

In general - use installer. Carny has you covered on all the proc-stuff. Then get the vpx fixes from DJRobX and Toxie from the script repo. People keep referring me as the owner of the scripts, which is wrong. I see it as a community resource. If you find something being wrong, I would be very happy to add it for the benefit of us all.