Hi - thanks for the great work! I've just tried the updated one on my real ST:TNG running a V4 Nucleo Pin2DMD on v3.05, and the red and blue engine parts still lag the main ship during the Enterprise flybys during attract mode.

Overall though, great and impressive work!

STTNG1.JPG

STTNG2.JPG

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few months ago, someone on this forum (you know who you are) asked me if I had done any more work on TNG after I started learning how to use the editor with this game. I replied "No, I would be afra

It is with great pleasure I am able to make my Star Trek: The Next Generation PIN2DMD colourisation project available! Download link below. I hope everyone has as much fun playing this as I have had c

Version 1.01 now available! Fixed Ferengi Duranium Sphere Add-A-Ball animation Optimised some triggers/reduced file size Added status report screens  

Posted Images

I can't deal with colors in STNNG, the latest version of PIN2DMD (3.13), ROM L7 and still the colors do not match those created by slippifishi, on other machines where I have PIN2DMD works well.

Maybe you need to adjust the RGB Sequences. The the colors on the startup screen need to match the colors PIN2DMD.com startpage. (RED second to left and yellow second to right)

THE RGB sequence can be adjusted in the onscreen menu.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for that amazing work.

I run it on a LX76 real pinball machine with 3.15PinDMD on an evo board and i experience some bugs. I have the same lag wiyh the engine parts as Nettek. Can that be linked to the enhencer mode of the display?

The basic score dots are not colored, I tried with dots and coma but nohing does.  But in all the mission modes i have colored score dots.

I don't know what the LX76 rom exactly is but even with settings in english there are still some french dots like SPD le Dynamisme Français. Perhaps it's a specific rom used by the SPD dealer.

P1080179.JPG

P1080183.JPG

I think your main score display isn't coloured because you have got double digit credits - I think my main score triggers will only work up to 9 credits - maybe 9 1/2 - so try and get that number down.

The trailing nacelles is a tricky, maybe impossible, problem to resolve. In short, I can't trigger that scene until 1 frame after it starts, because the Enterprise & stars share the same layer in the first frame; because the stars are not fixed, there isn't a single reliable hash I can use to start that sequence, so I am forced to pick frame 2 to trigger - however, this can sometimes lead to the ghosting you see if the stars align/don't align on frame 1. I did try several times to improve this, but what is there today is as good as I can make it I'm afraid.

I don't think I have many triggers that depend on the dot/comma in the score (there is definitely at least one), and I can confirm that it is all based on the L7 English rom.

EDIT: For the record, everything is built around commas in the score, but (at least in this project) I don't think there are many triggers dependent on that setting.

• 5 weeks later...

Really nice colorization!

One thing I've noticed if there is a credit dot in attract mode or in main play, the scene won't trigger. leaving it all white. Same with free play or coin op. Is this a known limitation of triggering the palette changes?

SOME credit dot states are covered in some areas, but probably only whole numbers. Freeplay should be working everywhere, but freeplayDOT definitely won't.

The easy solution - fix your dot! :) "easy" :D 

The harder solution - get me some specific rom dumps.

I was using VPX (and Wob) to generate my dumps, and capturing all the dot states was not so easy. If you are willing and able to do some rom dumping then I can add some triggers, but please note that there is a little bit more than just 1 frame needed; as the score is displayed, if no switches are hit then eventually the bottom of the LCARS text will scroll and report the number of isolinear chips you have, duranium spheres etc. I don't know if anyone has ever noticed, but I even triggered those scrolls so the text colour transition is less jarring. Off the top of my head I can't remember what the order is, but I think the first item shown is Isolinear Chips and the last item (before it scrolls back to the ball and credit count) is Singing Stones. I need two states for each of those scrolls to account for the plural S - for example, to colour "freeplayDOT" correctly, I would need dumps of the following:

Main score display - ball count & freeplay.
Main score display - ball count & freeplay. >> LCARS TRANSITION >> 0 isolinear chips
Main score display - ball count & freeplay. >> LCARS TRANSITION >> 1 isolinear chip
Main scroe display - 0 singing stones >> LCARS TRANSITION >> ball count & freeplay.
Main scroe display - 1 singing stone >> LCARS TRANSITION >> ball count & freeplay.

Once I have all of those, I can confidently trigger all of the frames that need to be coloured to cover freeplayDOT. In an ideal world these would all be in one or at most two dump files :) 

• 2 months later...

Hi all, 

I wonder if you have the same problem : during the game the score is displayed only on 10 digits. So I have an issue when I exceed 10 billon.  For example during the game If the score is 14 000 000 000, only 4 000 000 000 is displayed and at the end, if it is the "grand champion" it will display 14 000 000 000.

my display pin2dmd rev  3.17  with color file.

I don't know if there is the same issue with a plasma DOT

Thanks for your help

Hi all, 

I wonder if you have the same problem : during the game the score is displayed only on 10 digits. So I have an issue when I exceed 10 billon.  For example during the game If the score is 14 000 000 000, only 4 000 000 000 is displayed and at the end, if it is the "grand champion" it will display 14 000 000 000.

my display : pin2dmd rev  3.17  with color file.

I don't know if there is the same issue with a plasma DOT

Thanks for your help

This is normal behaviour, same before the color patch is added, most DMD era machines do it, commonly referred to as the point you "roll" the game, a through back to EM machines where the scroll rolls maxed out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi There

NetzzWerk (Martin) just wrote that people should update Pin2DMD to latest firmware, as Lucky1 had done some updates. And along with that, he created new exports from the latest editor version which should improve performance. 

Any chance you will be offering new "performance enhanced" files as well? ??

On 3/8/2021 at 5:27 PM, Phantasize said:

Hi There

NetzzWerk (Martin) just wrote that people should update Pin2DMD to latest firmware, as Lucky1 had done some updates. And along with that, he created new exports from the latest editor version which should improve performance. 

Any chance you will be offering new "performance enhanced" files as well? ??

This colorization does not use the colorization modes LCM which I improved in the latest firmware/editor. No new export needed.