[New VPX Alert]A Real American Hero OPERATION P.I.N.B.A.L.L. (Original 2022)

• Content Provider

A Real American Hero OPERATION P.I.N.B.A.L.L. (Original 2022)

The story so far...

The Joe's need your help!!

Cobra Commander and his associates are up to no good,(not a surprise!). Him and his cohorts have secretly infiltrated GI JOE Headquarters and have made off with a computer chip containing TOP SECRET Dossier Files of GI JOE TEAM members. Just how much information was on the stolen computer chip is unknown.

On top of that, the evil Dr. MindBender has created a Low-frequency Laser, that when aimed at the cerebral cortex of the subject, can induce a hypnotic-like state, and transfer information and commands to subjects, controlling there behaviours, if subjects are exposed to the Laser long enough. To help encourage unsuspecting subjects to stay long enough for proper interface exposure, the Laser was added to a Pinball machine.

These machines were first used to find new Cobra recruits. Good hand and eye coordination skills, would activate the laser.

Now it is used to spread classified information and propaganda throughout the Cobra Empire.

This is where you come into the story....

Your Pinball skills are well known in your area!! The GI JOE TEAM has asked for your help!!

First you must infiltrate the Cobra controlled town of Springfield, and find one of these machines!

You must then find out exactly how much stolen GI JOE information these machines are carrying!

"OPERATION P.I.N.B.A.L.L."

Psionic

Interface

Neural

Behavioural

Adjustment

Low-frequency

Laser

How much info will you uncover?

Only your superior pinball playing skills can help you to accomplish this mission!!

*************************************************************************************

Redux version only has 136 Dossier and Vehicle Pics, helping with the table load time.
Regular version still has 388 Dossier and Vehicle pics.

v2.1
Converted all pics to WebP format to reduce overall size of table.(VPX7.2 Required)
Converted Wav files in sound manager to ogg format which reduces file size.
Reduced resolution of a few pics.
Bumper pics were 4000x4000, now 1000x1000
BumperCap pics were 2000x2000, now 1000x1000
Playfield pic was 2856x5922, now 1975x4096
Clear plastics pic was 4096x4096, now 1000x1000

v2.0
Added modified JPSalas LUT Toggled with Right Magna-Save.
Added modified JPSalas LUT script combined with STAT's TEAM Change script.
Now camo pic changes are saved and loaded on next table run. (Buy-In Key toggles Camo Patterns)
Also added wall30 to the camo change.(The plastic right under middle Bumpercap)
Converted mp3's to ogg format, and scripted music to be played from GIJOE folder.
(Place GIJOE folder in your Music folder)
Also lowered Decibal Level on all the music by 6.4 Db's.
Also lowered Decibal level on Bumper and Bumpersling sounds by 13.2 Db's
Added NVOffset script command, so not to interfere with other tables using same rom.
Added Projector Pic cheat. Use Left Magna-Save to toggle Projector pics after game has started.

v1.8.1
Added Missing Load Lut script command. Now Lut is saved and loaded for next time table is played.

v1.8
Added Jp's Lut's script to table.
Toggle Lut's by holding down Left Magna-Save, and press Right Magna-Save.
If you click the Backdrop, and Options button in the editor when table is loaded, you can set the table to your desired Lut image on right side of editor, and then save table so this will become your personalized default Lut image.

Added 5 extra Camo patterns for plastics toggled with Buy-In Key. ("2" Key)

Changed GIJOE Targets to have higher percentage of Laser Blaster sound effect, instead of the barrage of Yo Joe every time they are hit. (Gets annoying real quick!!)

Made 2 table versions. 
Redux version only has 136 Dossier and Vehicle Pics, helping with the table load time.
Regular version still has 388 Dossier and Vehicle pics.

v1.71
Added JPSalas GI Effect script to events.
(Ball release into plunger lane, upper kicker, and when projector pic is activated.)
Added coin sound effect on coin insert.
Added option at top of script to change color of scoring LED's.
You can choose from 5 different colors.
(0=Green  1=Red  2=White  3=Blue  4=Reg Orange)
Default is set to green.
Added command to Exit Sub in script, to change LED's back to regular Orange on table exit.
(So if you play the original Sexy Girl table after playing this table, these colors will have no effect on it.)

The only difference between v1.6 and 1.7, version 1.6 uses 6 digit rom, version 1.7 uses 7 digit rom.

v1.7
Added camoflauge to right of kicker plastic.
Added 5 flashers. 3 above plastics, 1 under apron at drain, and 1 on DT backdrop.
Added lights to characters on playfield so now they light up with GI lighting.
Changed color of lights on top of bumpers to red. (Now the Cobra emblem isn't pink)
Now when you hit kicker, the background music doesn't stop.
Adjusted FS POV Settings so table is wider.
Fixed DT backdrop lights.
Moved plunger activated sounds to trigger in plunger lane.
Adjusted timers and volume on alot of sounds.
Removed 2 Background Music sound effects.
The only mp3's that were editted had the names changed, so feel free to overwrite old mp3s if you have older versions of this table, and it will not effect them.
Added 1 more voice sound effect to coin insert.
Added 7 Digit rom to table.
Adjusted DT backdrop for 7 Digit rom.
I couldn't figure out how to add extra digit to DT scoring reels, so they disappear now and the regular DMD is used.
Added Cheat to toggle Dossier pics.
Tap Left and Right Magnasave at same time after game is started to toggle Dossier pics.
(This is not cheating as it doesn't effect the score.)
Also made a 7 Digit dB2S Backglass, included with download.
Bumpers, and lower Slings light up explosions on backglass.

Version 1.3a has 17 Background Music Sound Effects+Added a few Voice Sound Effects.
Version 1.3b has 6 Background Music Sound Effects+ Added alot more Voice Sound Effects.

VERSION 1.1

Added alot more sound effects.
Lowered light intensity on COBRA lights.
Raised intensity of Shoot Again Light.
Adjusted hit height of rubbers.
Added timers so game over and bonus counting isn't silent anymore.
Added correct scorecard.
Added random sound effects to star trigger and right inlane.
Added 2 different game over sound effects,(Had a 3rd and 4th but quality wasn't good enough.) These are activated 5 seconds after ball drain, unless a ball is kicked into plunger.(Meaning you will hear the game over music while big bonus is being counted, but it shuts off as soon as ball enters plunger area. So you will only hear the full game over music, when game is over.
I added another timer that starts after the game over music is fully played. This activates 1 of 12 "Next Episode of GIJOE" sound effects.
I added another timer that activates 1 of 3 random attract mode sound effects, after "Next Episode of GIJOE" sound effect has completely finished. These 3 random sound effects are the same 3 that are activated at table start.
1 is a cobra propaganda sound effect, the other 2 are starting music of GIJOE cartoon.

Version 1.2
Now Projector has 388 Pics!!
Removed alot pics from projector and added alot more!! Instead of 143 Dossier Pics, now there are 387 Dossier File Pics!!

• Version 1.3a
  • Added script to exit sub to turn back on rom sounds.(So when you play Sexy girl or Playboy the rom sopunds will work)
  • Added timer so now when background music ends, before drain or upper kicker hit, it starts next random background sound effect.
  • Added timer to ball release kicker, so drums play in loop, and also added another sound effect that will play 20 seconds after ball is released.
  • Added timers so attract mode plays constant random loop as well as start up sound effects of table.
  • Turned the red lights under left bumpersling back to proper color.(Sometimes I think I am color blind! I can't believe I missed this!!)
  • Added a few voice sound effects.
  • Added cash register sound effect to cobra Bank Targets.
  • Version 1.3b
  • Added script to exit sub to turn back on rom sounds.(So when you play Sexy girl or Playboy the rom sopunds will work)
  • Added timer so now when background music ends, before drain or upper kicker hit, it starts next random background sound effect.
  • Added timer to ball release kicker, so drums play in loop, and also added another sound effect that will play 20 seconds after ball is released.
  • Added timers so attract mode plays constant random loop as well as start up sound effects of table.
  • Turned the red lights under left bumpersling back to proper color.(Sometimes I think I am color blind! I can't believe I missed this!!)
  • I removed all but 6 background music sound effects(I renamed the 6 so you can have both versions 1.3a and 1.3b without these 6 overwriting the other 6 on version 1.3a), and added more voice sound effects to drain and kicker, and other places.
  • Added cash register sound effect to cobra Bank Targets.
  • V1.3.1b
  • Fixed script for grotto kicker unhit. Forgot to add "A" at end of mp3 sound effect.

The table I used for this mod is Lizards amazing VPX Sexy Girl (Arkon 1980)!!(Which is a Conversion Kit mod of Playboy.)
I want to thank Lizard for making an excellent table, and for allowing mods without permission.
I also want to thank anyone else involved!! Great Work Everyone!!

Info on Lizards original table download page...
This table has come to life with the contributions of many.
Thanks go to Destruk and Mickey for the original table
                     ICPjuggla and gtxjoe for bits and pieces i used from there bally playboy table
                     Arngrim for the DOF and controller code
                    Steely,pinball Ken,Koadic,Jimmyfingers and Rascal for all the ball rolling and associated code
                    Cyberpez for the changeable instruction cards (Which can be changed near the top of the script) 
                    Seraph74 who provided the projector code mods to swap the images
                    Hauntfreaks did a shadow mask for the shadows and i also used his environment image as well
                    JP for his ball and scratches images

See original tables download page for more important infohttp://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12130 Remember to thank the original authors of this table, as they are the ones who made this work of art. I just added sound effects and changed graphics.

I also want to thank Steve "Slydog43" for which these table mods would not be possible to make if it weren't for his help!!

I also want to thank Thalamus for telling me about the rubber hit height needing to be lowered to 27, because it was set at 30, and this will cause weird ball behaviour. I only lowered the ones that were set on 30. So the physics should be better.

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for helping me with adding timers to script. With Gtxjoes example script he showed me, I was able to somewhat fix the game over sounds, and when counting huge bonus after ball drain.

I specifically used this table because it is a Picture Pin. (Different Pics are activated by hitting targets.)

Most of the artwork is from the packages these toys came in. Which I found on Google Images.(Big thanks to whoever posted images on GOOGLE Images!!) This should be considered art, as I am a big fan of GI JOE. All pics, trademarks, Logos and sounds belong to their respectful owners. This table is for personal home, and non-commercial use only. This table should be used for educational purposes only.

I added 388 pics to the projector. These pics are activated in order. They are activated by hitting the upper COBRA Rollovers,(Not the COBRA on left side above kicker.), and spelling COBRA. Then you also have to hit one of the GIJOE targets to start the picture show. Any subsequent hit on GIJOE targets, or the A in COBRA,(Center Target.), triggers next pic.

387 pics are dossiers of GIJOE team members and vehicles. Can you make it to pic 388?

It will start with first action figures released by year starting with 1982. You will know you have hit the next year after the vehicle pics have finished and it goes back to dossiers.

You can set this table for 4 players game and the pics don't start over for new player, so you can progress through the pics with each of the 4 players turns.

Can you make it to pic 388?

I included a nvram file that will give you the easiest settings to try to accomplish viewing all 355 pics. You can change these settings by pressing F6 on your keyboard, which will bring up dipswitch menu. (The included nvram file has the easiest settings!! Also playing 4 player game helps!!!)

I found some GI JOE sound effects on google that I think were perfect for this table. Someone editted out all the background music in the cartoons, to make like a soundtrack. They editted out all voices, and pieced together many song clips to make complete song. (Huge thanks whoever you are!!) There are 18 different GI JOE background music sound tracks played randomly. I also added a few more sound effects from the cartoon. 

Added day+night dB2S Backglass in same post.

Hope you enjoy!!

1407517704_NewBitmapImage(2).thumb.png.a9003af3cb3ae1d4f2ccc76d5139ca8b.png

1626142296_NewBitmapImage.thumb.png.1e6264848fea35edbbf253e0abc8da22.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Thanks for the kind words!! (Sometimes thats all a person needs to motivate to work on more!!)

I just did the graphics and sounds. Lizard and many others made the original table. They really did a great job too!!

I just uploaded new version 1.2 and now it has 388 pics. Now they are all Dossier pics. thats alot of GI JOE's!!

Old version only had 137 Dossier pics.

Hope everyone enjoys playing this as much as I enjoyed making it!!

I will add a keypress later,(When I figure out exact script command to use.) that will scroll through projector pics. Maybe as an award for High Score this will be activated, and then shuts off next game started.

Thanks again!!

Have a great weekend!!

its your b-day xenoph?  Hope your doing something special.  Happy bday. from your NJ friend

Really loving this table and all the GREAT sounds, so much fun.  I keep finding myself repeating some of the lines out loud to my self.

• Content Provider

Thank you so much coolball and slydog43 for the kind words!!

These VPX mods would not have been possible without that graphics card Steve!!  And that other computer you sent is running these VPX tables at over 400FPS!!! Average FPS is 375!!

INSANE!!!

So thank you my friend. I can never thank you enough!!

I have actually spent most of the day playing this table!! (I love this table!!)

And I also found a few more things I need to update on this table.

I need to add another timer, so when ball stays in play and doesn't hit drain or grotto kicker, it will play another background song.

As it is, you hear silence if background song plays fully and you haven't hit drain or upper kicker.

I also want to add a few more things, but they aren't as important as this silence during game!!!

I also want to make another backglass in future.

Thanks again my friends!!

Have a great weekend!!

• 3 years later...