Cactus Canyon Continued

bent98

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I also had a crash at table launch.

I forgot that some time ago I installed Miniconda3 for tests purposes and it was the default Python installation instead of C:\Python27, so pyusb got installed in Miniconda3 folder and not in C:\Python27.

I uninstalled Miniconda3, ran pip install pyusb again and now everything runs smoothly :)

Thanks guys for this improvement, no more need to launch DMDExt and have 2 DMD (one virtual mirrored to my Pin2DMD) ?

• 7 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 4:55 PM, lucky1 said:

Here is a modified python script to send the display data directly to the pin2dmd without having to use dmdext.

You need to install pyusb by executing "pip install pyusb" and copying the libusb-1,0.dll to the Python27 folder where the python.exe is located.

The script needs to be copied to the C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\ep folder.

Maybe @CarnyPriest can add it to his gitnub repo.

Currently it is only tested with EVO128x32 and Nucleo based pin2dmd systems with firmware v3.05 .

ep_desktop_pygame.py 28.82 kB · 86 downloads libusb-1.0.dll 110 kB · 79 downloads

Hi is this file still valid?

I am able to play the game all ok with the virtual DMD showing up on the screen. I followed instructions by copying the last posted ep_desktop_pygame.py file and libusb-1.0.dll and then running the pip install pyusb command. 
when I run the table, the table loads in VPX then I guess crashes/closes.. and leaves the B2S showing. For now I reverted back to the original ep_desktop_pygame.py and the game plays.. 

I am trying to get the Pin2DMD to show the colour DMD

• 1 month later...

I am seeing the same issue as KiwiBri trying to get CCC to run with the PIN2DMD natively.  Works fine with the DMD on the playfield, but VPX crashes when runiing the table with the PIN2DMD ep_desktop_pygame.py file .  I am running the latest verson of CCC with the updated script.  Here is the last few lines of the crash log:

2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 804, in open_device
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -     return _DeviceHandle(dev)
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 652, in __init__
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -     _check(_lib.libusb_open(self.devid, byref(self.handle)))
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb1.py", line 600, in _check
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO -     raise NotImplementedError(_strerror(ret))
2021-05-11 22:56:59,466 - vpcom - INFO - NotImplementedError: Operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform

OK.  I think I have a solution for this issue.  I used a newer version of the libusb-1.0.dll file from the one Lucky provided in this thread.  When I ran the "pip install pyusb" command initially it instructed me I had to update the version of pip first.  I did run the command that was suggested and was then able to install pyusb.  Maybe it had something to do with that or there is a newer version of pyusb, but in either case I used the libusb-1.0.dll from the libusb-1.0.24 version I pulled from github and everything worked.  I am attaching the file here.  Everything else is the same with Lucky's initial instructions.

Hopefully, this helps someone else.

libusb-1.0.dll

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 3:46 AM, movieguy said:

OK.  I think I have a solution for this issue.  I used a newer version of the libusb-1.0.dll file from the one Lucky provided in this thread.  When I ran the "pip install pyusb" command initially it instructed me I had to update the version of pip first.  I did run the command that was suggested and was then able to install pyusb.  Maybe it had something to do with that or there is a newer version of pyusb, but in either case I used the libusb-1.0.dll from the libusb-1.0.24 version I pulled from github and everything worked.  I am attaching the file here.  Everything else is the same with Lucky's initial instructions.

Hopefully, this helps someone else.

libusb-1.0.dll 256.6 kB · 4 downloads

You're the man! Thanks a lot! This gave me headaches for the last days. I had it going before and after starting over with Baller Installer I could'nt get my PIN2DMD to work with P-ROC. But now it works again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

To fix purple tint of DMD
I'm running PIN2DMD board on fw version 3.15 & to fix the purple tint I had to include the libusbK.dll as well as the libusb-1.0.dll posted here earlier. Copy both to C:\Python27 & don't forget to unblock.

Then set the following in the ep_desktop_pygame.py file (already modified in attached version)
#use these mappings for RBG panels
            pixelR = buffer[i]
            pixelG = buffer[i+2]
            pixelB = buffer[i+1]
            # lower half of display
            pixelRl = buffer[6144 + i]
            pixelGl = buffer[6144 + i + 2]
            pixelBl = buffer[6144 + i + 1]

Now looks absolutely incredible!

libusbK.dll libusb-1.0.dll ep_desktop_pygame.py

Edited by blietz
Better solution