5 From 2 reviews
91.6 MB File Size
HiRez00, Loserman76, Bord Created by
HiRez00 Artwork by
Loserman76 Scripting by
Williams Manufacturer
1976 Year

3 Screenshots

This is a re-upload that was originally on Vpinball.com before it went down for good.

The late, great Loserman76 really helped me a lot with this table - so out of respect for his passing - I am uploading it here so more can enjoy it.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Grand Prix (Williams 1976) EM

A few months back, forum member aka "Shark's Mouth" found a real Grand Prix in the back of the building he was working at. He managed to take about 150 hi-resolution photos of the entire playfield, plastics and backglass (I mean just about every inch) - and he posted those photos on this site, hoping someday someone could use them to make a clean new VPX table from them.

I stitched them all together and embarked on a complete redraw of the playfield, plastics and backglass - that took a couple weeks on and off.

Loserman76 (being the EM guru that he is) built a brand new table using the new playfield as a guide - that looked and played great.

Because the playfield and plastics were a new redraw - no matter what lighting approach I took within VPX - the lighting always looked FLAT and not realistic.

Enter Bord ... Bord imported everything into Blender and "enhanced" all the lighting and rendered out a beautiful and ultra realistic output.

I am a big fan of 60s and 70s EM tables and I wanted to do it justice since we started with such great resources.

This final version is a example of great collaboration between all involved.

Included with this download is the new VPX version of Grand Prix, new Backglass, and new wheel image.

Also included is an mp3 file named: Grand Prix (Williams 1976) EM - F1 Race Ambience.mp3. This is a subtle sound effect track that you can load into your front end system (PinballX) that will play before the table is loaded.

At the top of the table script you can choose if you want the ball / flipper shadows ON or OFF. I suggest you turn them OFF if you a using a slower system.

Also built into the table is the JP Salas LUT selector. Hold down the LEFT MAGNASAVE and then press the RIGHT MAGNASAVE to cycle through the 9 different LUT brightnesses.

Hold down LEFT FLIPPER for 3 - 4 seconds BEFORE starting a game to access the build in Game Menu to change the game options.

- Enjoy.

CREDITS:
- - - - - - - -
Loserman76 - Complete Table build + Scripting
HiRez00 - Playfield, Plastics, and B2S ReDraw
Bord - Blender Rendering and other Enhancements

Shark's Mouth - All real table reference photos
Schreibi34 - Apron and Pop Bumper Mesh
MLager8 - Apron ReDraw
JP Salas - LUT Selector Enhancement

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This project took considerable time and I wanted to share it with everyone ... so "thanks" or comments in the support topic would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE: I create these image, videos, tables and backglass files for fun and for the dedicated VPX pinball users on this and other forum. I DID NOT create this for you to download as SELL, MAKE MONEY OR PROFIT ON ... You have been warned!

DO NOT include any of these files with other downloads or projects without asking / getting permission first.

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Contact Author First.
v10.6 required

User Feedback