Star Wars (Data East 1992) VPW 1.0

(14 reviews)

3 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

Unfortunately, I get bad stutter on the most recent VPW releases... Dredd, Tron and this one.  Bummer, because your tables are great and I've always looked forward to them.

Very cool table...i love it

1) in the upper area, e.g. on the middle ramp, I get ball jerks. This is unfortunately the first table in which the ball does not roll smoothly (upper table area).

2) which sound file in the sound manager is the shaking of R2-D2, it is too loud for me and under SSF at the wrong position. I would like to adapt it, but I don't know which file it is

thanks for help

Edited by timblo
On 11/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, timblo said:

Very cool table...i love it

1) in the upper area, e.g. on the middle ramp, I get ball jerks. This is unfortunately the first table in which the ball does not roll smoothly (upper table area).

2) which sound file in the sound manager is the shaking of R2-D2, it is too loud for me and under SSF at the wrong position. I would like to adapt it, but I don't know which file it is

thanks for help

1) same here, in the upper area middle ramp :(

Great table thanks. Anyone know where I can find the pup pack please? Searched on vpu but no joy. Thanks in advance.

Update: It's not the pup pack as I suspected. I put in a regular db2s instead and got the same error inside pinup: 'There was an error loading ...'. It kills everything too. I am going back to the old version of the table until I can figure this out. 

Hey guys - love this table. It's a real improvement to a version I was running which I didn't think possible! Anyway, I can run the table outside of pinup popper running the pup pack but inside pinup popper, the table will throw an error almost immediately and then I have to kill everything. I tried a few other tables that I use pup packs for inside popper and they run fine. Of course this would be a table that I actually like the pup pack with because typically I do not use a lot of them. If anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can look in logs or something to try and pin this down I sure would appreciate it. Anyway, beautiful table and one of Data East's great ones IMHO. Thanks. 

On 11/14/2021 at 5:34 PM, kds70 said:

Thanks for your reply. It doesn´t change anything. I will report back later; will try (to find) something else. Ball stutter begins after exiting shooting lane straight behind the ship too. Tested in debug mode with ball controlling. Maybe it´s nothing with the ramp.

System specs are: I5/2500k (QuadCore, OC@4,5Ghz), Nvidia 1070.

Thanks for this great table release ... you guys are amazing.

hey there. good evening. did you get a solution for the stutter in the ramp and upper part of the playfield?? how you make toys non physics? in the scrips?thanks you in advance !!!

Hi all. hopw someone can help. When i render table most of play feild is solid white.. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, mikey284 said:

Hi all. hopw someone can help. When i render table most of play feild is solid white.. Any ideas?

Thanks

2 possibilities from what I've seen before:

1. You saved it in 10.7 at some point and are now trying to run in 10.6.  The table is now a 10.7 file, so you'll have to run it in that forever or download afresh.

2. It's an odd out-of-memory type error.  You could try lowering the max texture resolution in video options.

C. Something else.  Corrupt file?  Download again.  Graphics compatibility thing?  Update drivers.  And if it wasn't (1), try running in 10.7.

11 hours ago, Wylte said:

2 possibilities from what I've seen before:

1. You saved it in 10.7 at some point and are now trying to run in 10.6.  The table is now a 10.7 file, so you'll have to run it in that forever or download afresh.

2. It's an odd out-of-memory type error.  You could try lowering the max texture resolution in video options.

C. Something else.  Corrupt file?  Download again.  Graphics compatibility thing?  Update drivers.  And if it wasn't (1), try running in 10.7.

my playfield render solid white yesterday when i was messing with the Pupperbrac and Puppergate. i redownload the vpx file again and fix the problem.