• Downloads Remaining

If you like VPU and enjoy what we bring to the Digital Pinball scene, please consider becoming a supporting member and upgrade your membership today.

Alien Poker (Williams 1980) 1.0.0

(10 reviews)

4 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

• Content Provider

Thank you so much for this masterpiece bord! One of the most beautiful artwork there with those lights, my face is lifted off.

I agree with Sheltemke. The combination of artwork and lights to go along with the bord touch certainly brings this table to life. Thank you to everyone involved and thank you for sharing!

3 hours ago, tmpc said:

Excellent update, thank you.

This one isn't an update - brand new (to me, at least). Hope you enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, templarjh said:

Hugely underrated table :D can't wait to try this out

I agree about it being underrated. Really an awesome game.

Plan to spend some time on the cab tomorrow, hopefully with a working dof again. Have not shown this one to my friend yet, and beers are already cooling. Will be one of the first tables fired up as I played this one quite a lot as a youngster.

Already know that it a very nice re-creation, expect some small fixes already mentioned and I'm sure I'll be having a blast.

Thanks a lot @bord

Ooh, a Bord version of one of my favorite early SSes! Your physics and flipper feel on EM and early SS are amazing. Thanks!

Gorgeous.  I've had a new 4k pf in a box for months and builds like this are the reason.  Hard to get motivated to do a tear down when tables like this looks amazing on my Zenith.

Had never spent time with this cousin? to Firepower table  Thanks bord!!  And it's right next to Alien Star in my front end.  Nice.  

• Content Provider

I converted the old version by jpsalas in VR, but this new table by @bord is on another level. Fantastic artwork and playability.
Also thanks @UnclePaulie for the great conversion and all others, who are involved.

Beautiful work, guys. 🤩

This will be right at home with my (system 6 cab) now vpin

Always wanted to play this in real life, quess I will not have to wait. As always man, your builds are so carefully built, it's just as good as the real thing. My Thanks to you. @bord

9 hours ago, jamiegates said:

Those are some nice plastics, where did you get such high resolution plastic scans? 

Scans by @Rgarriottand retouching by @Onevox Couldn't have done it without them.

3 hours ago, naeromagus said:

This will be right at home with my (system 6 cab) now vpin

Always wanted to play this in real life, quess I will not have to wait. As always man, your builds are so carefully built, it's just as good as the real thing. My Thanks to you. @bord

@naeromagus thanks! Just found a real Alien Poker on location last week and played it quite a bit. Super fun!

Question: should we be able to rest the ball on the lower right flipper?  For me, it just passes over the wire as if it's not a physical object.  Still using 10.6

@ryesteve, good question. I discussed this a little bit on one of the discords. I placed the wire at playfield level as a bangback protector like the ones near the other flippers. Some operators and most tournament directors pull it completely to increase difficulty. From the factory it might have been placed higher to block balls but I've seen enough variations to not be certain (though I suspect that is the case).

Personally I find VPX games too easy compared to their real world counterparts, so I set games up with conservative operator settings - wide outlanes, high-ish slope. I used the PAPA video as a guide for the 3rd flipper in this case.

Thankfully VP allows the end user to do their thing and set games up as they wish. Feel free to put a wall there. I wouldn't consider it cheating.