Knock Out(Gottlieb 1950) 1.0.2

(4 reviews)

2 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

'it is so wonderful that the cleverness of design of these tables isn’t lost to the ages.'

THAT right there.  Perfect.  

8 hours ago, TalNas3 said:

I may be misinterpreting, but 'BallsDrained=BallsDrained+1' may not be activating given the size of the drain.

DrainHit.PNG

DrainObj.PNG

Yeah. Not sure how this should be handled really. I love to have the extra Stick it notes on EMs. Give them extra incentive to play, especially for visitors, trying to delete the THA. I believe the best solution here would be to make sure the game doesn't crash reaching over 6M. I have to look at that db2s again, but, if it doesn't support 6M and beyond, it should stay that way. I want authenticity. However, if we could use the HS to track the real scores, it would be the best solution.

16 hours ago, JFR1 said:

It's a very cool game.  PM sent @Rickmc.  Hope my links work.  

Hi @JFR1, no joy.  nothing in my inbox or messages.  Please try again, definitely looking forward to that table!  

On 9/10/2021 at 10:20 AM, Thalamus said:

Hmm. Played 3 rounds, and I'm reaching the HS, but, the game doesn't seem to end. Flippers are still active and all I can do at this point is to start another game if I want. Makes the yellow HS sticker redundant. I'm the only one seeing this issue I wonder ?

I wonder, may it be that there isn't enough room for the 5 balls ? Last one not being detected as a drain maybe ?

i assigned my left magnasave key to go to the end of game sub in the script. i know its not authentic but it works for now. 

Not sure how the original works.  Does anybody know if it actually cuts power to the flippers?  Looking at YT vids I can't tell.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, Rickmc said:

where can I find jigsaw?  I googled and found the youtube video and that's awesome!

Worlds Fair Jigsaw is on PinballNirvana but I haven't tried it out yet.  Waiting for account approval.  Edit:  Disregard, it is for VP8.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:43 PM, TalNas3 said:

I may be misinterpreting, but 'BallsDrained=BallsDrained+1' may not be activating given the size of the drain.

DrainHit.PNG

DrainObj.PNG

I just played Randr's Humpty Dumpty table and it is the same concept, but the trough is wider to accomodate all 5 balls.  Wouldn't making the trough wider be the "simple" fix?  Total noob here, sorry if this is nonsense.

46 minutes ago, KRAKEN said:

I just played Randr's Humpty Dumpty table and it is the same concept, but the trough is wider to accomodate all 5 balls.  Wouldn't making the trough wider be the "simple" fix?  Total noob here, sorry if this is nonsense.

That depends if there is an object in the drain area which upon collision adds to a "BallsDrained" or subtracts from a "BallsInPlay" value. Might create a backup of the original table file and test around.

Edited by TalNas3
2 hours ago, TalNas3 said:

That depends if there is an object in the drain area which upon collision adds to a "BallsDrained" or subtracts from a "BallsInPlay" value. Might create a backup of the original table file and test around.

I just tested it and "Drain_Hit" sub isn't called when a ball enters the trough;  it is called when you initially start the game and the balls drop down. 

Sorry, was out of town this weekend. 

Making the drain bigger won't help - that is used for the game start. Working on a fix for this and it'll be available soon.

Loving this table! Its unique and has everything going for it. Thank you Shannon, bord and loserman76!

Bonjour

Je ne sais si je suis le seul mais j ai des lags des que la bille touche des cibles 

si vous avez une idée de correction

merci beaucoup

I dont get no ball at the plunger, starts with 5 balls, press start balls go, then nothing?.

Using 10.7.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, PinHead76 said:

I dont get no ball at the plunger, starts with 5 balls, press start balls go, then nothing?.

Using 10.7.

Thanks.

Press the right magnasave button

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cCa1NNa64pvYxDoQ8

This does NOT happen often, but, it is obviously possible. I've created a small triangle invisible wall under the flippers to prevent it from creeping up there. This happened from me trying a desperate save hitting the very tip of the right flipper followed up with a fast flip on the left. Went instead under and then it kind of got stuck and started a "rubber" creep until it was really stuck.

This is such a fun table guys !!! Love it !

Je reviens sur les lags

Je n ai pas trouvé la solution (toujours des lags)

j ai rechargé re installé la table changé la résolution modifier les paramètres de la table dans vp10.7 avec ou sans b2s rien n y fait 

les autres tables n ont pas de lags

c est curieux j ai la version future pinball qui ne pose aucun problème

pourquoi celle de VP10.7 me pose ce petit ennui ?