38.67 MB File Size
N/A ROM Name
drinkcristal Created by
drinkcristal Artwork by
drinkcristal and probably all VPX scripters Scripting by
Williams Manufacturer
1971 Year

1 Screenshot

I would like to thank all in the VPX community for inspiring me to try to build a table from the ground up. This is not a port from an existing table in VPX to VPVR as I could not find any other creations of this table. However, it contains elements/components from many different tables.

leojreimroc in particular made some good suggestions on the backglass flashers that really make it look good. 🙂

This is a pinball I played a few times as a kid but it was (and still is) very hard to crack. Only around 700 or so made so not a huge production run. The game logic I used is just based on a couple of youtube clips and the Information card for the game. Thankfully one of the YouTube clips did a real deep dive on the logic which helped a ton.

It's a little slow paced by modern standards but has some good features and an attractive backglass.

Seeing the 1971 table/cabinet looks to be originally based on Winner, I have used that as the baseline (cabinet mainly) to add the Zodiac specific elements and coding.

Things to note:

- this is an initial release. I am working on the artwork for the playfield and plastics and when that is ready, I will update
- The spinning disc uses some coding and logic from a couple of other tables so thanks to the original coders for that. I think they nailed the physics. The player can choose one or two posts on the disc in the script.
- there are some game options you can alter in the code: eg 3/5 balls & replay scores etc
- I am not sure if this was a first in 1971, but the table uses a magnetic hold to count down the bonus score.

Please let me know your thoughts or issues you may find with the table to help me learn and improve my VPVR development

enjoy

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2841
N/A
drinkcristal

User Feedback