Batman 66 Stern Tribute  1.1.0

(54 reviews)

3 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, naboodiver said:

Bret,

I am having the exact same problem on my cab with PinupDisplay /Pinplayer continuing to run after table exits with PinballX.     All of my other PuPack tables, I have installed (Harry, Guardians, Stranger Things) work fine.    Did you happen to find the cause or  find a solution for the non-exit?     Thanks for the help.

I haven’t been able to find a solution yet. I did try the newer things that the others ask me to and I’m still getting the same results. I tried the Willy Wonka table out and the pup stops on exit. I’ll try to look more into it later this week. As a side note, I appreciate everything that everyone does. I really enjoy forums and sites like this, where it’s one big community full of helpful and passionate pinball wizards!

Edited by BretHart87
On 8/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, DOTech134 said:

This solved my issue!  Thanks !  What an amazing table.  Awesome work.  So much detail, I continue to be surprised as I keep playing.  WOW! 

I have the same settings in my script and I’m still having the exit issue.

On 8/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, outhere said:

Before changing forceon did it work outside of pinballx
If you put forceon back to whatever was, does it close then

It’s the same result before and after. I actually put the pup pack back to it’s original settings too.

Great table, super fun to play.  Thanks very much.

Everything works as it should except...the VPX editor screen stays on behind the fullDMD screen and in front of the backglass screen and I have to minimize it to see the videos playing in TV screen.  No amount of fiddling in the pinuppackeditor seems to fix it.  

146749948_Screenshot(2)a.thumb.png.bcc81875eb1f2561009e0e9046272008.png

Here's a shot of my puppackeditor screen

1809213828_Screenshot(3)a.thumb.png.2c78a5e04ddea169cadd4f3ec56dcdf1.png

I run about 5 other puppacks and none of them have this problem.

Anybody know why the editor screen stays on and anybody know how to correct this?

Thanks.

Edited by barneyrfd
1 hour ago, outhere said:

Keep the VPX editor on the playfield screen

Yes, that does work and I thank you for the suggestion.

The problem now is that the editor is 90 degrees to my field of view which makes it quite awkward to use the editor.

I googled if you can rotate an individual program screen in Windows 10 and...of course you can't.

So I will keep this nice workaround in my back pocket but keep looking for a solution for the backglass.

Thanks again.

On 8/7/2021 at 11:31 PM, naboodiver said:

Bret,

I am having the exact same problem on my cab with PinupDisplay /Pinplayer continuing to run after table exits with PinballX.     All of my other PuPack tables, I have installed (Harry, Guardians, Stranger Things) work fine.    Did you happen to find the cause or  find a solution for the non-exit?     Thanks for the help.

So far what I'm able to see is, when the table and pup came out for the initial release; I was currently running outdated pinup systems. At that time the table and pup would close, but I wasn't seeing the player scores. I updated my pinup systems and I got the newer table and pup pack. The player scores now show up, but the pup continues to run after closing the table. If I play the table without a frontend that I only open up VPX, once I completely close out of VPX, the pup closes too. I seem to only be having the issue when I try it through my PinballX frontend. I know that my button layout is correct and my settings are good for both VPX and PinballX because, I don't have the issue with any other table or pup pack. I'm not sure if it's table script related, pup pack related, or something else.

@BretHart87

--

Have you considered that the problem may infact be with the PinballX frontend?

I myself use PinballX as my front end, but after several updates, I started to notice certain "little" things were not working as they previously did.

In actual fact, through PinballX, some tables refused to load, and crashed back to the front end.

Im using an older version now, 4.1xx or something like that, and it works absolutely fine for all my needs and tables.

If its not too much trouble for you, try experimenting with older versions of PinballX, whilst of course keeping your PinUp files etc all up to date.

Regards,

Daniel.

Holy smokes Batman!!!!  This is amazing - as well as the ease to install.   I've spent hours on some other un-named pupacks to fine tune and setup the way I like for my system.  This took 15 minutes and runs great.  Jus amazing..... 

TRJ-GA

Thank you very much for the awesome work on this table!!  I am wondering is there a way to turn the sound of the ball popping up off the table and dropping from the scoops. Mine for some reason is about 10 x higher sound then the rest of the table so I have to turn the volume way down and can't hear the call out. If I leave the sound where I can hear the call outs I get blasted when ball pops up on table or drops from scoops. 

I have used the 4 or 5 sound adjustments in the script as well as lowering the ball rolling sound with no luck. 

Thanks in advance 

Really, really great table.   Absolutely love it.  Many thanks to everyone involved for all the hardwork that must've gone into making something this awesome.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:58 PM, Daniel260z said:

@BretHart87

--

Have you considered that the problem may infact be with the PinballX frontend?

I myself use PinballX as my front end, but after several updates, I started to notice certain "little" things were not working as they previously did.

In actual fact, through PinballX, some tables refused to load, and crashed back to the front end.

Im using an older version now, 4.1xx or something like that, and it works absolutely fine for all my needs and tables.

If its not too much trouble for you, try experimenting with older versions of PinballX, whilst of course keeping your PinUp files etc all up to date.

Regards,

Daniel.

The problem was PinballX. Everything closes correctly now. Thank you everyone for all of your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by BretHart87

help with backglass display showing on topper screen and backglass is blank.  I have ran the 2 screen 16x9 option and have a topper screen and a backglass and real DMD,  I loaded the pup pack in the media configurator and for pup pack screns i have the topper and DMD set to off.  The backglass set to forcepopback and playfield to show.  I think i have tried every setting possible on the backglass and topper and nothing moves the backglass to the topper.  Thanks for your help.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:01 PM, SCPinballer said:

help with backglass display showing on topper screen and backglass is blank.  I have ran the 2 screen 16x9 option and have a topper screen and a backglass and real DMD,  I loaded the pup pack in the media configurator and for pup pack screns i have the topper and DMD set to off.  The backglass set to forcepopback and playfield to show.  I think i have tried every setting possible on the backglass and topper and nothing moves the backglass to the topper.  Thanks for your help.

Did you change your script ?

After running 2 screen option it will show you some changes to do in your script according to your choice.

3 hours ago, Takeo said:

Did you change your script ?

After running 2 screen option it will show you some changes to do in your script according to your choice.

Yes I did.  I also ran the file straight from VPX and it is also showing on the topper there.  And usually VPX doesn't show Toppers if running outside of popper.  

I'm having an issue where everything is working fine, until I hit the batphone video, then it makes that video larger than the frame, and any video that's played after that, rather than staying inside the frame.  I'm using the 2 screen 16x9 setting, I've adjusted the script, I made sure that my scaling settings in windows were at 100%, I even turned off the advanced setting to auto adjust text if it's blurry just in case that was it... no dice.  I didn't see anyone else run into this specific issue so I'm posting it here if anyone has run into it and can help.  For reference, I'm running VPX in windowed on my lower screen in desktop/landscape mode, and the screen above it is being used as the backglass for most tables.  See Screenshot.

Working.jpg

Then it breaks.jpg

Nevermind, I missed one line of the script that I was supposed to change when running the .bat files... Derp.  I swore I checked that multiple times, but alas, I was an idiot, and missed one.  note to self: FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!

Amazing work on this table and pup by the way, this thing is freakin' gorgeous!!!

On 8/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, bluemeane said:

When I launch this I just get script errors :(

Any help is appreciated

image.thumb.png.a9660d6fd57765aeb0834aa16ea4ea7f.png

Typically this happens when you are running VPX 10.7 instead of 10.6. 

On 7/30/2021 at 7:45 AM, granjaspbr said:

Incredible table! Playing for hours now! Is it possible to play without the puppack, only with single BG? What should I do to have the score active on BG without puppack? My BG still freeze and in DMD position only a message "In Color". Thanks!
image.png.72b01f0fe5eccbb0696e7b35fe00a6c2.png

Where did you get that backscreen image from?  The only one I found had led scores on it.  Thanks!

can someone please help me?  The score isnt being displayed in desktop mode, all the animations and vid clips appear to be displayed properly but there is no numbers inside the big black bat at bottom of backbox area ;(

28 minutes ago, nodz509 said:

can someone please help me?  The score isnt being displayed in desktop mode, all the animations and vid clips appear to be displayed properly but there is no numbers inside the big black bat at bottom of backbox area ;(

Typically this happens when you are not running the latest pinup.   See link and note on main page 

On 9/14/2021 at 10:42 PM, Conehead said:

Where did you get that backscreen image from?  The only one I found had led scores on it.  Thanks!

It's in the pup pack.  When you run the 2 screen or 3 screen setup batch file it gets configured.