Batman 66 Stern Tribute  1.1.0

(48 reviews)

• Like 265
  • Upvote 87

3 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, daphishbowl said:

Did you follow the instructions to modify the script settings when you ran the bat file in the pup folder?  Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like?

Thanks daphishbowl for the reply.     I did not realize that I have to run the  .bat file in the PupVideo/b66_orig folder.   After setting/running the two screen file (since I don't have a full screen DMD), the backglass look correct.     Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Like 2

Love this table. You guys are amazing. One thing on my Ryzen 5 1060gb setup is that the balls starts to jitter about 30secs in. Is there a low end pc script switch or upcoming performance tweak. I've got no issues with other high end tables like this beauty. 

• Like 1

Simply the Best Table out there at this time. High end quality bells and whistles.

This pupack is awesome. I had weeks of pure fun, and then it ocurred to me to translate to spanish.....

So, I found this strange code Class VPXMultiplayer inside Batman 66. 

How it is used? how do I make an account for this?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Djfraleo said:

Simply the Best Table out there at this time. High end quality bells and whistles.

This pupack is awesome. I had weeks of pure fun, and then it ocurred to me to translate to spanish.....

So, I found this strange code Class VPXMultiplayer inside Batman 66. 

How it is used? how do I make an account for this?

It's something I was playing around to play head to head but not quite done.  Maybe in the future. 

• Like 1

What a great game.     Thanks to all for the work and time all the developers put into the development.    The game is fantastic.    This thread has gotten long so if this was asked and answered, please forgive me.    The table is working great but I have one problem.     I am using PinballX as my frontend.    When I exit Batman 66 from PinballX, the game shuts down fine but PinupDisplay.exe (shows still running in Task Manager) does not shutdown.   So the display remains on my backglass.  It works and shutsdown fine when I launch the table from VPX without the frontend.    Is there a setting I forgot to set in PinUp?    Thanks much for the help.

• Like 2

Wonderful table, thank you!!!

Just a little issue, when I run it I get the following error "Error analyzing EntityName, line 106, position 20"

The following line is 106:

"Const cVolSfx     = .2    ' Volume for Game Sound effects  (Hitting targets, raps, etc)"

Any ideas?

Thanks to all

batman66.png

43 minutes ago, naboodiver said:

What a great game.     Thanks to all for the work and time all the developers put into the development.    The game is fantastic.    This thread has gotten long so if this was asked and answered, please forgive me.    The table is working great but I have one problem.     I am using PinballX as my frontend.    When I exit Batman 66 from PinballX, the game shuts down fine but PinupDisplay.exe (shows still running in Task Manager) does not shutdown.   So the display remains on my backglass.  It works and shutsdown fine when I launch the table from VPX without the frontend.    Is there a setting I forgot to set in PinUp?    Thanks much for the help.

Might be related to a bug that causes pup to crash when in full screen exclusive that will be fixed in the next release. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, pindapoe said:

Wonderful table, thank you!!!

Just a little issue, when I run it I get the following error "Error analyzing EntityName, line 106, position 20"

The following line is 106:

"Const cVolSfx     = .2    ' Volume for Game Sound effects  (Hitting targets, raps, etc)"

Any ideas?

Thanks to all

batman66.png

Are you on VPX 10.6 or 10.7? Should be on 10.6.  

Since the last update of VPX (10.7 r258) pinuplayer no longer quits when I leave the table? do you know why and do you have a solution? Thanks for your help

(I'm using PinballX as frontend)

Edited by barto107
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, barto107 said:

Since the last update of VPX (10.7 r258) pinuplayer no longer quits when I leave the table? do you know why and do you have a solution? Thanks for your help

(I'm using PinballX as frontend)

Did you see post above

• Like 1
21 hours ago, daphishbowl said:

Are you on VPX 10.6 or 10.7? Should be on 10.6.  

Tried in both versions, 10.6 and lastest beta, same result. I noticed now that it happens with other PUP tables, like GOTG, Beatles, Munsters, etc. No idea why.

43 minutes ago, Thorville said:

Does this game support UltraDMD like GOTG table does or only PUP?

Only pup.  

does anyone other than me have major issues w/ the ball draining in the out lanes? seems so often off the slingshot, ball goes right to the out lane and drains.. guessing having a nudge button would help greatly here but can't seem to physically nudge the table enough to save it.

First I gotta say I’m amazed at the level of detail you guys went through to recreate this table.  It’s beautiful, fun and amazing on all levels!! Thank you!!

I finally got around to trying to run B66 in VR and I’m finding it is crashing VPX_GL and leaves the pup pack running.

I launch directly from VPX_GL (tried a few versions), I tried different rooms in script (360, ultra minimal) and even tried setting the DMDMode to 0.

The table starts and as soon as the pup pack starts the screen shakes and VPX_Gl crashes leaving the pup running..

the table runs perfectly on my cabinet in regular mode (3 screed, FullDMD)

for vr on cab I have: 

low textures set 3072… 
I’m running on Oculus 2 wired
I have a rtx 2060
Many, many VR tables run fine for me even with pup packs…

Does anyone have any other ideas for me?  Thank you in advance!!

17 hours ago, scampa123 said:

First I gotta say I’m amazed at the level of detail you guys went through to recreate this table.  It’s beautiful, fun and amazing on all levels!! Thank you!!

I finally got around to trying to run B66 in VR and I’m finding it is crashing VPX_GL and leaves the pup pack running.

I launch directly from VPX_GL (tried a few versions), I tried different rooms in script (360, ultra minimal) and even tried setting the DMDMode to 0.

The table starts and as soon as the pup pack starts the screen shakes and VPX_Gl crashes leaving the pup running..

the table runs perfectly on my cabinet in regular mode (3 screed, FullDMD)

for vr on cab I have: 

low textures set 3072… 
I’m running on Oculus 2 wired
I have a rtx 2060
Many, many VR tables run fine for me even with pup packs…

Does anyone have any other ideas for me?  Thank you in advance!!

I got a recommendation on FB to run the pup in option 2 or desktop for VR so I created a copy of pup and created an alias  and ran it in option2…it works now but there is no music…but at least I can play it in VR!

———

1.1 Update in VR -I run the pup in option 2 for VR…I created a copy of pup folder and made an alias b66_origvr changed cgamename to match pup folder alias and I set all settings per the option bat except bSingleScreen=True…it works now completely..

• Like 1

Daphishbowl,

Sadly 1.1 does not fix the pup crash when exiting on my system

edited: I exited popper and decided to do a full reinstall of b66.  I am unable to delete the b66_orig pup directory as 7 .ttf font files are locked by the system.  b66_orig/FONTS directory.  Maybe that is a clue that could help decipher why 1.1 still crashes the pup server on my system.

Edited by Rickmc
  • Like 2

Thank you for the 1.1.0 update.

It is working very well for me with the 5:4 ratio screen option. (I wish the video portion of the screen could be bigger but it looks great!, I might Frankenstein the video pup DMD to maximise on the screen for my own use).

I am using the table in VPX 10.7 beta (though 10.6 is recommended) and all works flawlessly...The new sharpening CAS option in 10.7 makes the table pop!

Perfect! Big thank you to the whole team for all the hard work! Amazing we can all play this fantastic table!

Do I need to redownload the PupPack also or just the VPX table with this update?     

Nevermind:    I see there is a 1.1 version of the PupPack.     

9 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@daphishbowlDid you get rid of the I dream of genie intro video because I don’t see that now on the new version

No, should still be there.  Maybe try to redownload pup. 

• Upvote 1