Q*bert's Quest (Gottlieb 1983) 2.2

(3 reviews)

• Like 90
  • Upvote 5

3 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

You know what would be nice, it an option to change the VR room lighting conditions and the table syncs with that lighting, like a day night version. is there any way this can be linked to the automatic day and night cycle option already there? I've been watching the PAPA pinball videos and the lighting is great on the real tables, exterior lighting makes a big difference and those screenshots don't do the tables justice in VR, they look washed out.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, WrATH2000 said:

You know what would be nice, it an option to change the VR room lighting conditions and the table syncs with that lighting, like a day night version. is there any way this can be linked to the automatic day and night cycle option already there? I've been watching the PAPA pinball videos and the lighting is great on the real tables, exterior lighting makes a big difference and those screenshots don't do the tables justice in VR, they look washed out.

I have to admit I'm at the mercy of the VR guys on that one. I don't have VR and can't test or adjust.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, bord said:

I have to admit I'm at the mercy of the VR guys on that one. I don't have VR and can't test or adjust.

Thought about having a crack at it myself but I can't do anything on the coding side, just in the editor, it's a shame they can't tie the environment lighting option of the table to the VR room, probably can but just havn't done it yet, I mean I can't see why not, the room is lit by it's own light sources, probably would just needs some scripting magic, I mean I wouldn't expect real time lighting from the table but again I don't see why not other than a performance thing.

12 minutes ago, WrATH2000 said:

Thought about having a crack at it myself but I can't do anything on the coding side, just in the editor, it's a shame they can't tie the environment lighting option of the table to the VR room, probably can but just havn't done it yet, I mean I can't see why not, the room is lit by it's own light sources, probably would just needs some scripting magic, I mean I wouldn't expect real time lighting from the table but again I don't see why not other than a performance thing.

@WrATH2000, just poking my nose into the VR meshes quickly and I suggest starting here:

image.png.476f4c2960dfda6c9df77edec5154c15.png

On any VR element take disable lighting down to zero and start working your way up as needed. When it is set to 1 it ignores the environment lighting for the most part, hence the flat lighting you're seeing.

• Like 1

I'll have a look into it cheers. I never liked that dark space behind the table in the VR room either, pretty easy to make another wall though and placement.

1 hour ago, WrATH2000 said:

I'll have a look into it cheers. I never liked that dark space behind the table in the VR room either, pretty easy to make another wall though and placement.

You have to look at the pinball and not behind you. 😉

I also start to insert tables in the vr-room. And I implemented JPSalas' LUT-files, which can be changed with the magnasave-buttons. For me it looks good.

7 minutes ago, RajoJoey said:

You have to look at the pinball and not behind you. 😉

I also start to insert tables in the vr-room. And I implemented JPSalas' LUT-files, which can be changed with the magnasave-buttons. For me it looks good.

Yes LUT presets are a good idea like on the Hook table but was wondering if the day and night cycle built in to the app could be used in VR.

3 hours ago, WrATH2000 said:

Hi Wrath.   Indeed you can tie environmental lighting into the room in VR.  Sometimes it looks a bit jolting if tied to the table GI (like the whole room flickers a bit much).   You can also do things like swap out the textures to fake the lighting swap (much like is done on VP tables already).   3rDaxis ties some lighting options into the magnasave buttons on his tables, and if you want to see how I did some lighting texture swaps you can check out my VR Educational Toybox room.  Have fun!

• Like 1

Guys, I know I said I was done with this but the VP lights were just too sickly and flat. Won't be a full render but the pf is going to get an update in a couple hours. Sorry to make you download again (or not).

image.thumb.png.3d5c6b1079a6165329a0e0763875f177.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

This game is horseshit sober let alone drinking.  I tried it whilst drinking.  Had to turn my  monitor upside down...seemed to work out more better.

That reminds me...I need to turn it around....

Also reminds me I need to get down from this handstand and stop typing with my toes.

Chicken or the egg situation I'm in.  

• Like 1