• Like 75
  • Upvote 31

2 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

Very nice table, plays nice, just a few little niggles 1 of he DMD files is missing, comes up file not found on the ultradmd when you loss a ball sometimes left side also when you hit the mouth ( and it opens ) , also i get remoteserver error and game crashes. 

The physics need tuning on this table, it's like the ball is a cannon ball rather than a pinball or the flippers have no power. Seems like the flipper strength needs to be 2500 or above.

41 minutes ago, WrATH2000 said:

The physics need tuning on this table, it's like the ball is a cannon ball rather than a pinball or the flippers have no power. Seems like the flipper strength needs to be 2500 or above.

Yes the physics really need to be update. I love this table but i don't play it because of the physic

Ooooh an update to this wonderful table! Thank you .

Quick question: Do we download the Pup-pack again or can we keep the old one we have installed?

8 minutes ago, bietekwiet said:

Ooooh an update to this wonderful table! Thank you .

Quick question: Do we download the Pup-pack again or can we keep the old one we have installed?

It's not an update 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, suby74 said:

Yes the physics really need to be update. I love this table but i don't play it because of the physic

There is a way around this for now, just set the global physics set flipper strength in the vpx preferences to 2800 and get the table to use it in the editor options. I remember reading an artical about physics and how more modern tables past late 90s need a higher strength value but vpinball is gone now.

physics.JPG

Edited by WrATH2000
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WrATH2000 said:

There is a way around this for now, just set the global physics set flipper strength in the vpx preferences to 2800 and get the table to use it in the editor options. I remember reading an artical about physics and how more modern tables past late 90s need a higher strength value but vpinball is gone now.

physics.JPG

Wooo, thanks a lot, i'll try :)

Just in case that's a bit too much for some people, I've exported my physics file and here's  a shot of what it should look like in the editor. Just import the .vpp into the global physics sets preferences, press the "options" button in the editor to bring up the window, select the set and tick "include flipper physics" then save the table. As far as I know this is a workaround for the poor flipper strength which makes the table virtually unplayable

GOTG-physics.JPG

GOTG-Physics.vpp

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WrATH2000 said:

physics.JPG

You might still be able to find the article if you Google it. Then hit "cache" in the Google search. I'm still reading lots of pages from VPinball site that way. Cannot move back/forward in pages from such a cached search and cannot download any files ofc.

Edited by DBrown67

If you want to use my physics file above and put it with the table with instructions then you're welcome to as a workaround.

Thanks so much for this , I'm excited to play it again. I'm also very excited for the upcoming Batman 66!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WrATH2000 said:

If you want to use my physics file above and put it with the table with instructions then you're welcome to as a workaround.

You sure you are using 1.2.1?  It has wAxx physics, unless I messed up the upload somehow. 

Thank you for all the time and effort that was put into making this table for all in the community 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆..it is one of my all time favorites!

2 minutes ago, daphishbowl said:

You sure you are using 1.2.1?  It has wAxx physics, unless I messed up the upload somehow. 

1.2.1 i've download don't have this Physic 

10 minutes ago, daphishbowl said:

Yes, I have 1.2.1 from VPinball, same one as this, since then I've been learning some things with editing tables, some other tables has the same issue, got up dated but at the time I didn't know how do resolve it. I tested this change and it makes it much more playable with the flipper strength at 2800.

Edited by WrATH2000

Thanks looks really good. If the fllipper strength needs adjusting to 2800 as WraTH2000 suggests then it will be pretty easy to apply. Thanks to WraTH2000 for suggestion too!

Hi thx for the update! The physics seem ok to me. Better than the previous version. But i always get 2 balls ( no pun intended ;) in the first game i start. Any ideas? Or am i missing something.

3 hours ago, WrATH2000 said:

Yes, I have 1.2.1 from VPinball, same one as this, since then I've been learning some things with editing tables, some other tables has the same issue, got up dated but at the time I didn't know how do resolve it. I tested this change and it makes it much more playable with the flipper strength at 2800.

I have a couple of Qs... first to Wrath2000.  What do you mean when you say the table is "unplayable" due to physics?  I've been running v.1.2.1 since Februrary release and it plays fine to me. I have no issue getting the ball to top of table etc. I'm not saying you're wrong if you believe a later table should play differently,  but to me "unplayable" means it plays like crap. I would have to respectfully disagree on that.

Q2 to dapishbowl...  you mentioned wAxx physics settings. In the script there is a wAxx setting in the options at top and it's set to 0 by default. Should this be set to 1 to get those new settings? There are some other wAxx lines of code in the script further down but they are optioned out in green. I am a complete novice at this table code but I can edit a script no problem. Beautiful table by the way! You should be very proud. 

13 minutes ago, breikers said:

Hi thx for the update! The physics seem ok to me. Better than the previous version. But i always get 2 balls ( no pun intended ;) in the first game i start. Any ideas? Or am i missing something.

If you start with the Hume character you get a two ball multiball as that is his "mode".  Each character has a different mode giving different table objectives. Before launching the ball you can select which character (mode) to begin with using the flippers.... then launch ball.

14 minutes ago, DBrown67 said:

I have a couple of Qs... first to Wrath2000.  What do you mean when you say the table is "unplayable" due to physics?  I've been running v.1.2.1 since Februrary release and it plays fine to me. I have no issue getting the ball to top of table etc. I'm not saying you're wrong if you believe a later table should play differently,  but to me "unplayable" means it plays like crap. I would have to respectfully disagree on that.

Well, when I recently tried the table the ball was heavy and the flippers couldn't hit it with much power, I noticed this issue with Pinbot(over at VPinball) before he updated it and I told him in the comments and he addressed it in an update, this table has exactly the same issue. Now that I adjusted the flipper strength to around 2800, it seems much better. Maybe it's a bug then if some people are not seeing it and some are.