VR Room Apollo 13 (Sega 1995) 2.0

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Version 2.0 update available.  Link is in the hybrid release.

Added the VR conversions to this table that was done by Balater (Thanks for the permission to mod!), originally done by Herweh, Fransisco666, and 32assassin.  I used the dark image from chucky87's backglass file and imported into the table.

I had to do quite a few VR mods to get it to look good (all documented in the script).  Lots of lighting changes and a lot of work on the grill and blastoff flashers. And a lot of other changes, all documented in the script.  Sixtoe provided a once over and had a couple lighting recommendations. Retro27 also helped with the cabinet graphics, a topper, and a flasher for the start button.

Once again, I changed the typical minimal room slightly to have a wood floor, and a slightly different wall... which gives an appearance of lighting from the pinball machine casting on the wall.  You can change back to the original walls and floor in the options section of the script.  

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!  And thanks again to Balater, retro27and always Sixtoe!

V 1.0:  VR Tweaks, custom environment, and several other adjustments to fit and look right in VR.

V1.1:  Retro27 added VR elements

V1.2:  Animated the backglass

V1.3:  Made into a hybrid release

V1.4:  Added nFozzy and Roth physics and flippers.  Added fleep sounds.  Added dynamic shadows.  Updated table physics.

V1.5:  DOF feedback fix for slings and flippers.  Couple other minor corrections.

V2.0:  

The latest update, Version 2.0, includes so many fixes and updates.  I've corrected the number of balls coming out of the rocket during multiball, as well as the rocket timing, and subway trough.  The ramp behind the moon now works for the orbiter and moon gravity missions, the trap door for the 8-ball lock is animated, fixed the slings, and added holes under the sling movements. Also the left spinner lane didn't send the ball into the upper saucer.  That is now corrected.  I've also added 16 switchable LUTs.

Then, several members from the VPW team jumped in and made this table so amazing.  What a great group!  Thank you all!

oqqsan: Added Flupper dome lights and flashers. Also fixed the ball stuttering when the moon rotated with the ball.
Tomate: created new ramps and textures (they look so real!)  Also wire ramps, posts, gates, apron, missing materials in some screws, and other stuff.
Skitso: redid the GI lighting, spot lights and inserts.  Also warmed the LUT a bit.
Sixtoe: Did some visual updates to the ball, moon, rocket, and plastic ramp
Apophis: Updated the playfield image for alpha cutouts for Lampz inserts.  Added Lampz code, and new inserts.  Updated some flipper nudge physics.  Corrected the triangularization dynamic shadow effects, removed the subway ball shadows, and lowered the number of dynamic sources.  
Sheltemke: Provided an updated translite image for the backglass.  It's now included in the VR version, and Wildman created a new b2s file.  Also, modified the text on the inserts to a text flasher to make it more readable.
RIK, Fluffhead35, Lumi, and Wylte all tested and provided feedback.
Wylte:  Updated the ball shadow code to not turn on when in subways, and other optimizations.  Also modified for better performance.  Separated dynamic and ambient ball shadow options, and added lockbar key as plunger alternative.

User Feedback

AdBlock Detected

This site uses advertising code blocks to show support for community vendors.
The site does not make any revenue from these vendors.

If you would like an Ad free experience; consider purchasing one of our subscriptions.
SubscribeToday_sm.png