VPX VR Launcher 4.14

(5 reviews)

3 Screenshots

Recommended Comments

10 hours ago, RajoJoey said:

Just tested the v4.0.4. and all I can say: Perfect.

Is it possible to show the number of tables in addition?

If you press the Info (I) key  the pop up screen shows all your setup paths, the total tables  as well as a list of the names of tables that are not in VPlauncher's tables.htm file. Or you can set debug on (1) in the config.htm file, it will show-up on startup, then just press (I)key to close it.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:08 PM, RajoJoey said:

Is it possible to show the number of tables in addition?
That would be a nice addition.

Good Idea: Included in 4.09!

INFO ABOUT OLD AND DISCONTINUED VERION 3.

Fallback if your device doesn't work with version4.

-----------------------------------------------

Version 3 (VPX Tableselection)

-------

Autoupdates deactivated!

-------

Tablepath

This is the directory (ends with "\") where your vr-vpx-tables are stored.

Filter 1-9 
read info/filter

Control-keys
up, down, left, right, start

hold vpx_gl on top
Hold the player (VPinballX_GL.exe) in front focus so you don't loose key control.

debug
Show keyboard codes (numbers) you can use to setup.
You can use Default cabinet-keys too. (read info)

minimized
minimize vrlauncher at start

sound
if enabled key-controls are firing pinball-sounds

autoB2S

is a new option to auto toggle "forcedirectB2s" if a table has a *.directb2s-file.

filter clones
if enabled clones will be ignored. you'll have only one table recognized.
if disabled all recognized files will be shown. you can differentiate them by filename info.

-------

Install

1)

Extract the zip into your vpx folder (where VPinballX_GL.exe is located): 

vpx-vrlauncher.exe

\vrlauncher\Ionic.Zip.dll

\vrlauncher\license.txt

\vrlauncher\version

\vrlauncher\vpx-vrlauncher.exe

\vrlauncher\vpx-vrlauncher.vpx

\vrlauncher\xdelta3.exe

2)

Start vpx-vrlauncher.exe
(the file at vp-root next to VPinballX_GL.exe)

3)

Setup your table-folder.

4)

Save and restart vpx-vrlauncher.exe.

-------

Info

Best results (fast loading speeds, many capturing improvements) with the newest vpvr 10.6 beta of Caligula, DJRobX and Rawnei! 

Default cabinet-keys (configurable in launcher):

LeftFlipperKey: previous table

RightFlipperKey: next table

plunger: start selected table

LeftMagnasave: previous column

RightMagnasave: next column

PlungerKey: load&start table

AddCreditKey: open filter menu (hold key, then toggle with left/right)

Navigation:

If you want the default keys (shown above) leave this at "default" or "reverse" (without quotes).

If you want to setup your own decimal key codes you can get them from vpx registry or with my debugkeys option.

You can also use vpx key constants like:

LeftFlipperKey, RightFlipperKey, LeftMagnasave, RightMagnasave, StartGameKey, AddCreditKey, AddCreditKey2, PlungerKey, LeftTiltKey, RightTiltKey, CenterTiltKey, MechanicalTilt

Filter:

Since v.3.00 you can setup your own filters and toggle them with a free configurable key (default = AddCreditKey).

Empty filters are disabled. You can use comma-separated values for each filter.

Optional you can name each filter. For this you start with filtername:filter

An Example - If you want to make an 80s filter:

80s: 1980,1981,1982,1983,1984,1985,1986,1987,1988,1989

Favourites:

SelectMode-Key toggles:

1st press: Select favourites ON: Select fav with left/right and confirm with startKey.

2nd press: Save selected table as favourite: Change target-slot with let/right and confirm with startKey.

3rd press: Select favourites OFF

Hint: You can leave the SelectMode-Key empty to disable the new favourites-feature.

If you want to support the community with graphics for not included tables, grab the vrlauncher-template.zip and send me images.

Edited by b4ast1

This looks great, I really want to try it but for some reason it's not launching in VR for me. I'm using a valve index and have it set to openvr but when I start VPX VR-Launcher 4.exe my headset stays on steamVR, doesn't switch over to the program like it does when it detects a VR application. It says to use the config file which I have done.

I tried going down to version 3 and it launched but I had a blue screen during play. Haven't played enough VR on this computer yet to know if that's the fault of the launcher or not though.

Edited by Anony
14 hours ago, Anony said:

This looks great, I really want to try it but for some reason it's not launching in VR for me. I'm using a valve index and have it set to openvr but when I start VPX VR-Launcher 4.exe my headset stays on steamVR, doesn't switch over to the program like it does when it detects a VR application. It says to use the config file which I have done.

I tried going down to version 3 and it launched but I had a blue screen during play. Haven't played enough VR on this computer yet to know if that's the fault of the launcher or not though.

try to set <startfocusgrab>0</startfocusgrab>

I tested the 4.10 and after exit an table, I always come back to the steam VR home.

When I have set 1 at startfocusgrab, I can press F9 and the launcher comes back in front.

When I have set 0, I have to click in the launcher window on the desktop and press F9 to get the launcher. All other things work.
Here is my settings:

<settings>    
    <startdebug>0</startdebug>
    <vrdevice>openvr</vrdevice>
    <vrtracking>1</vrtracking>
    <cameraheight>14</cameraheight>
    <cameradistance>12</cameradistance>
    <cameraangle>11</cameraangle>
    <devicerotation>0</devicerotation>
    <fontsize>16</fontsize>
    <effects>1</effects>
    <startfocusgrab>1</startfocusgrab>
    <sounds>1</sounds>
    <swapsounds>0</swapsounds>
    <autodisableb2s>1</autodisableb2s>
</settings>

On 10/4/2021 at 12:05 AM, RajoJoey said:

I tested the 4.10 and after exit an table, I always come back to the steam VR home.

When I have set 1 at startfocusgrab, I can press F9 and the launcher comes back in front.

When I have set 0, I have to click in the launcher window on the desktop and press F9 to get the launcher. All other things work.

Another OPENVR user had setup steam vr NOT to stay allways on top/front. That helped him even with startfocusgrab = 1.

7 hours ago, b4ast1 said:

Another OPENVR user had setup steam vr NOT to stay allways on top/front. That helped him even with startfocusgrab = 1.

I checked and changed my openvr focus from on to off and I still have to turn off vplancher focusgrabber or VPX will freeze (not responding). I looked into the logfile but didn't see anything telling there..

Hi thx for the launcher i have a little isuses by stand every time config.xml first.

I have all checked and found no issuses of my path.

I can only see blank tables in VR

6 minutes ago, Blackhole1980 said:

Hi thx for the launcher i have a little isuses by stand every time config.xml first.

I have all checked and found no issuses of my path.

I can only see blank tables in VR

You can search for the error with right mouseclick on traytool and selecting "Show Logfile" AFTER the error occurs. If you need help, you can post the error here.

i have Edit 1 Time can see the Logo :

Mono path[0] = 'D:/vPinball/VisualPinball/vrlauncher4/VPX VR-Launcher_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'D:/vPinball/VisualPinball/vrlauncher4/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2020.3.17f1 (a4537701e4ab)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path D:/vPinball/VisualPinball/vrlauncher4/VPX VR-Launcher_Data/UnitySubsystems
[Subsystems] 1 'inputs' descriptors matched in UnitySubsystems/OculusXRPlugin/UnitySubsystemsManifest.json
[Subsystems] 1 'displays' descriptors matched in UnitySubsystems/OculusXRPlugin/UnitySubsystemsManifest.json
[Subsystems] No descriptors matched for  meshings in UnitySubsystems/OculusXRPlugin/UnitySubsystemsManifest.json.
[Subsystems] 1 'inputs' descriptors matched in UnitySubsystems/XRSDKOpenVR/UnitySubsystemsManifest.json
[Subsystems] 1 'displays' descriptors matched in UnitySubsystems/XRSDKOpenVR/UnitySubsystemsManifest.json
[Subsystems] No descriptors matched for  meshings in UnitySubsystems/XRSDKOpenVR/UnitySubsystemsManifest.json.
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (ID=0x1b06)
    Vendor:   (null)
    VRAM:     3072 MB
    Driver:   30.0.14.9613
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in  0.127 seconds
XRGeneral Settings awakening...

[XR] OculusXRPlugin: registering subsystems
[Subsystems] OculusXRPlugin successfully registered Provider for oculus display
[XR] Oculus Input lifecycle provider registered.
[Subsystems] OculusXRPlugin successfully registered Provider for oculus input
[Subsystems] OculusXRPlugin successfully registered Provider for oculus display
<RI> Initializing input.
New input system (experimental) initialized
<RI> Input initialized.
<RI> Initialized touch support.
UnloadTime: 0.686800 ms
Loading: D:\vPinball\VisualPinball\vrlauncher4\config\config.xml

Loading: Tablearray

Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
ArgumentException: path
  at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.CheckPath (System.String path) [0x00052] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor (System.String path, System.Boolean simpleOriginalPath) [0x00006] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor (System.String path) [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor(string)
  at NewBehaviourScript.buildTables () [0x00055] in <a45657103f0443ca9dc5747f81fe3a02>:0 
  at NewBehaviourScript.Start () [0x002b9] in <a45657103f0443ca9dc5747f81fe3a02>:0 

Unloading 5 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2864.
Total: 8.029200 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.234100 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.152800 ms MarkObjects: 7.622800 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.018800 ms)

2 hours ago, Blackhole1980 said:

ThX B4ast1 for yout fast help here is my logfile:

Hi, this is not the logfile of my launcher. Please "edit" your comment and replace logfile with my logfile. vrlauncher-trayicon (small pinballicon at taskbar) "Show logfile".

Edited by b4ast1