5 From 10 reviews
135.17 MB File Size
panther7 ROM Name
JPSalas-HF-Borgdog-HiRez00-Xenonph Created by
HiRez00 Artwork by
Original Manufacturer
2021 Year

5 Screenshots

Be sure to check the version number when downloading table from "new updated tables" section. The newest version is 2.1.

Usually the file needs to be approved by an administrator before you can download the table, but for some reason it is being put at front of list before it is approved.

So just be sure to check the file version, or you may be downloading old version, thinking it is the updated version.

This is a graphics and sound mod of Panthera (Gottlieb 1980).

(WARNING!!! THIS TABLE HAS ALOT OF FLASHING LIGHTS!!! MAY CAUSE SEIZURE!!! USE AT OWN RISK!!)

I first would like to thank JPSalas for allowing mods without permission. I would also like to thank him for making a great table!!! I also would like to thank HauntFreaks for allowing me to use his "shadows and tweeks mod" he made of JPSalas' Panthera table!!
I would also like to thank HiRez00 for doing all the graphics on everything, including DT backdrop, playfield, and plastics!! He did a great job!! HUGE THANKS!!

There is much more important info on original download page.
They put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!

JPSalas Original Table...
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13129#

Find ROM here...(Uses 7 digit Panthera rom "panther7")
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=988

IPDB...
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1745

DON'T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD HiRez00's WHEEL IMAGES AND DB2S BACKGLASSES!!!

HiRez00 made wheel images. Find them here...
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5145-tron-classic-1982-wheel-pack-10/

HiRez00 made 2 db2s Backglasses. Find them here...
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5143-tron-classic-original-2018-backglass/

THIS TABLE IS DEDICATED TO MY BROTHER DAN!!! KEEP FIGHTING BRO!!!

I would also like to thank BorgDog for his upgrades to the table!!
He...
Changed flippers
Changed kicker (cut hole in playfield image)
Animated the rubbers behind the drops
Couple other minor changes.
It is definately appreciated!!!

I also would like to thank Flupper for his great Flasher resource table!!

I would also like to thank Thalamus for telling me how to use resource tables!!

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script!

I also would like to thank DJRobX, STAT, Gtxjoe, and nFozzy, for helping me shorten my StopSounds and PlaySounds script commands.
(They each wrote out an example, and between them all, I was able to figure it out!! BIG THANKS!!!)

I would also like to thank DJRobX for showing me example of flasher script command for flasher placement in FS mode.

I also would like to thank STAT for his "Team Change script", which my script is based on.

I also would like to thank Steve "Slydog43" for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!

Tron-Classic (Original 2022) Mod
by HiRez00 and Xenonph

This table was made with VPX_5_beta_rev3434. Best to use this version or higher for best results.
Find it here..
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39428&page=1#entry397433

The key to high scores on this table is to try and hit those upper 4 rollovers at top of table first. Then go for the drop targets. Hit the 1-2-3 lanes to light up extra ball.

Version 2.1
Converted all pics to WebP format to reduce overall size of table.(VPX7.2 Required)
Converted Wav files in sound manager to ogg format which reduces file size.
File size went from 77.9 MB's to 27.3 MB's!!!

Version 2.0
Converted mp3's to ogg format, and scripted music to be played from TRON folder.
(Place TRON folder in your Music folder)
Added modified JPSalas LUT Toggled with Buy-In key. (The "2" Key).
Added NVOffset script command, so not to interfere with other tables using same rom.

Version 1.0.4
Added Missing Load Lut script command. Now Lut is saved and loaded for next time table is played.

Version 1.03
Fixed timer for when shutting off music with Right Magna-Save key, now the plunger attract timer is also shut off.
Moved a few more sounds to the upper left gate, so now there is 1 of 6 sounds played instead of same tank guy saying "Range 9, Mark 45, Fire". With timeperiod=1 there are 4 sound effects on upper left gate hit.
Added JP's Lut script. Toggle Lut's with the Buy-In key. (The "2" Key)
Moved spinner pics to toggled with "M" key.

Version 1.02
Added Time period option per BorgDogs request, which removes all voice and music sounds to make it more like that time period of tables. Thanks for the request BorgDog!!
Find this option on Line 22 in table script.
Default setting is 0 which plays all the sounds.
Change from 0 to 1 and all voice and background music sound effects are gone.
You will still get non-voice sound effects and flashers with options set to 1.
Or you can toggle sounds on and off with Magna-Save buttons. (L-CTRL and R-CTRL)
Right Magna-Save shuts off sounds, left Magna-Save turns them back on.
I moved the spinner pics to be toggled with Buy-In button, or 2 key on keyboard.
Added flasher and GI lights to DT backdrop.
Added 6 more sound effects, including 2 kicker bonus count sound effects.
(One of these is the laser zapping flynn into computer world.)
(As soon as I can learn how to tie sound effects to lights, I will add drain bonus light count sound effect.)
BorgDog was kind enough to add his goodies to the table!!!
He...
Changed flippers
Changed kicker (cut hole in playfield image)
Animated the rubbers behind the drops
Couple other minor changes.

Version 1.01
Added missing DOF commands.
Adjusted font size of DT view text lights.

Version 1.0
Noticed that a rollover was not showing for the top rollover on the 1-2-3 lights. Just checkmarked "Visible" and added metal wire material to fix.
Added backwall to DT view with Encom logo in center.
Added over 100 sound effects including voice and background music.
Added 24 flashers from fluppers flasher resource table activated by events.
8 spinner pics can be toggled with Right Magna Save key. (R-CTRL)
Included nvram that has Match activated.
(For those who can't figure out how to get Match working.) Press F6 while table is running to bring up dipswitch options.)
Place nvram in your nvram folder located where you installed Visual Pinball.

Place music in your music folder located where you installed Visual Pinball.
(DO NOT PLAY THE MUSIC AS THIS MAY ADD A TAG TO MP3 AND RENDER MP3 USELESS!!)

Be sure to restart table after starting table for first time as flippers may stick on first start of table on your setup.
(You should do this with all new tables you are trying out for first time to avoid weird table behaviour.)

All pics, trademarks, Logos and sounds belong to their respectful owners. This table is for personal home, and non-commercial use only. This table should be used for educational purposes only..
Some of the media used to create this are freely available on the net and I consider my work as non profit fan art.

(WARNING!!! THIS TABLE HAS ALOT OF FLASHING LIGHTS!!! MAY CAUSE SEIZURE!!! USE AT OWN RISK!!)

Hope you enjoy!!

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1745
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5143-tron-classic-original-2018-backglass/
Contact Author First.
v10.7 required

What's New in Version v2.1 VPX7.2   See changelog

Released

Version 2.1
Converted all pics to WebP format to reduce overall size of table.(VPX7.2 Required)
Converted Wav files in sound manager to ogg format which reduces file size.
File size went from 77.9 MB's to 27.3 MB's!!!

User Feedback