• Download Statistics

Files
    Comments
    Reviews
  • Categories.png

• Downloads Remaining

If you like VPU and enjoy what we bring to the Digital Pinball scene, please consider becoming a supporting member and upgrade your membership today.

Electro Mechanical (EM) Recreations

76 files

1. Knock Out(Gottlieb 1950)

1950 Gottlieb classic with the Marketing Slogan:"Uproarious Slam-Bang Animation in a Real Ring on the Playfield"

Thanks to @loserman76 for his incredible scripting skills and knowledge about these old tables
                          @bordfor his talents with blender and overall table building skills.

This table would not have been created without the help and patience of these two talented table builders!

I hope everyone enjoys!

730 downloads

(4 reviews)

50 comments

Updated

2. Eager Beaver (Williams 1965)

My first and only table, plays great though. Based on the real table we have had in our family for decades.

561 downloads

(1 review)

20 comments

Updated

3. Big Chief (Williams 1965)

Big Chief (Williams 1965)

This release wouldn't be possible without the following:
    user42 for the artwork
    Wildman for the excellent backglass image
    Like all of my releases, hold down the left flipper for 3 seconds when not playing a game to set the options.

ZIP includes a wheel image and directB2S 

This is for personal use only. DO NOT include this in any pre-packaged ZIP of tables for commercial/non-commercial products. You know who you are. Just enjoy what is provided for FREE instead of trying to earn a buck from our community's work.
    Any mods, require permissions from ALL of the above folks listed as primary contributors for this table.

336 downloads

(1 review)

8 comments

Updated

4. Black Gold (Williams 1975)

This is my take on Black Gold (I had a lot of help thanks to the schematics). Honestly, I can see why it got cancelled, but it is still fun to play.

Made possible by:

Halen for the redraws
    $20 for the schematics

ZIP includes backglass and wheel image. 

Like all of my releases, hold down the left flipper for 3 seconds when not playing a game to set the options. And this table has a bunch of options to change the gameplay.

This is for personal use only. DO NOT include this in any pre-packaged ZIP of tables for commercial/non-commercial products. You know who you are. Just enjoy what is provided for FREE instead of trying to earn a buck from our community's work.

Any mods, require permissions from ALL of the above folks listed as primary contributors for this table.

130 downloads

(0 reviews)

6 comments

Submitted

5. Star-Jet (Bally 1963)

Star-Jet is the first game with a 3 ball multiball, no surprise coming from designer Ted Zale. It also has some of the most stunning art direction in pinball history. This game, although rare to find in the wild, is great fun (especially with two players) and a great look at Ted Zale's early work.

Art by bord, script and VR by rothbauerw

Right magna save operates the ball lift.

Check the top of the script for:
    Balls per game Volume dial Rolling sound volume Assign lift key VR on/off

395 downloads

(1 review)

26 comments

Submitted

6. Flying Chariots (Gottlieb 1963)

This table made possible by the following:

Halen for the redraws
    Editoy for the score reels
    bord for the many primitives I use of his
    $20 for the schematics to know how this thing works

ZIP includes backglass and wheel image. 

158 downloads

(0 reviews)

12 comments

Submitted

7. Cross Town (Gottlieb 1966)

Cross Town is a great Gottlieb game from 1966. It features an award ladder sucker shot at the center of the playfield and a beautiful pop art package, including sliding subway doors on the backglass.

This was a team effort with Scottacus, who did all of the scripting and sound work.

443 downloads

(2 reviews)

46 comments

Submitted

8. Winner (Williams 1971)

Here’s Williams’ “Winner” from 1971. I saw a video of one on YouTube and thought it looked pretty cool. I hadn’t recreated a table with flippers before, so I figured why not overcompensate and make one with four flippers. I’m sure it’s not a *perfect* recreation: the lighting is far from professional, the slingshot kicks are weak, and I’m not sure the payouts are even working. But the ball shoots out, the horses move, and I even made a backglass file. I think it’s a fun table, so I figure it’s time to share.

I have to thank the folks who built Hi-Score Pool (Chicago Coin 1971). I wouldn’t have been able to make this table work without the ball turret I repurposed from that table. So, thanks to them (and check that table out if you haven’t. It’s a fun one. BorgDog uploaded it).
    Playfield graphics redraw, backglass, and the coding for this specific game done by Warbler33 / CactusDude.
    Download includes table, B2S backglass, and tarcisio style wheel.

CONTROLS:
    5/Credit – Insert Credits
    1/Start – Start Game
    Plunger/Enter or Spacebar – Fire ball turret
    Flipper Keys/Shifts – Corresponding flippers
    **Depending on how your default keys are set up, your keyboard equivalents may not match**

**Table is optimized for cabinets. It's possible to play on a desktop, but you probably won't have score reels, etc. If you're interested in making a better desktop version, read the paragraph below.**

For people interested in modifying the table, please get in touch. If you just want to fix a minor issue (fix a bug in the code, etc.) I’d prefer to upload the updated version here and credit you for whatever contribution you make. If you’re interested in tackling larger issues (vastly improving visuals, making a new backglass, etc.) I’d probably be happy to have you upload it separately (and obviously have you mention that it’s a mod or goes with this table). So, please, just get in touch so I can give my stamp of approval and we can discuss the logistics of sharing your contributions. Thanks for understanding.

*FYI I'm Warbler33 on VPF and CactusDude here. So if you notice a lack of "CactusDude" being mentioned in the table's file, it's because I'm too lazy to go back and add mention of CactusDude now. You can read the release notes on Ballyhoo (Bally 1932) to get some more detail on that.*

461 downloads

(2 reviews)

4 comments

Updated

9. Heat Wave (Williams 1964)

One of the all-time greatest Kordek/Stenholm collaborations, Heat Wave has a unique layout with a center drop target, two swinging targets, and an advancing thermometer in the backbox. This is Williams pinball at its absolute best.

Hold the left flipper before the game for the option menu. 1 or right magna save operates the ball lift.  
    Special thanks to Scottacus for the script and the B2S and Shannon for the playfield and apron redraw.
    Thanks also to DarthMarino for permission to use his backglass images and to the beta testers.

394 downloads

(3 reviews)

27 comments

Submitted

10. Centigrade 37 (Gottlieb 1977)

The normal temperature of the human body is 37 degrees Centigrade.

Centigrade 37 is one of the best late Gottliebs of the EM era. Featuring a cascading lane on the right, unconventional inlanes, and a thermometer in the backbox, it is not an easy game to forget.

This VPX version has seen a lot of updates over time but it started with my playfield redraw and borgdog doing the scripting. More recently scottacus has added a menu system, new sound routines, and all of the rothbauerw rubber, flipper and drop routines. Thanks to everyone that has contributed.

829 downloads

(5 reviews)

33 comments

Updated

11. Triple Action (Williams 1973)

This is a build using my template, so it is very different from the version -=Kees=- released recently

Halen who did the artwork/redraws and provided the initial backglass image
    JPSalas for his implementation and code related to the spinner
    flupper for the primitive used for the spinner
    Wildman for the Triple Action backglass image

Like all of my releases, hold down the left flipper for 3 seconds when not playing a game to set the options.

184 downloads

(0 reviews)

12 comments

Updated

12. Star Action (Williams 1973)

This is the Add-A-Ball version of Triple Action

JPSalas for implementation and code related to the spinner (
    Wildman for the Triple Action backglass image which I used to create one for Star Action

165 downloads

(0 reviews)

8 comments

Updated

13. Star Pool (Williams 1974)

Star Pool (Williams 1974)
    Darth Marino for the artwork
    Halen who brokered the permissions to use Darth Marino's prior work
    JPSalas for his implementation and code related to the spinner

126 downloads

(0 reviews)

5 comments

Submitted

14. Paddock (Williams 1969)

Paddock is the sister table to Post Time (found here). It lacks the Extended Play and AAB features as well as the 10,000s scoring reel. Personally, I would set this to 3 ball and keep Post Time in Extended Play.

In addition to the Post Time credits, I add additional thanks to scottacus for scripting Paddock and building the new B2S. Thanks to Shannon for the great backglass redraw.

Hold left flipper button before game starts for an option menu for game mode, chimes, sound settings, etc.

473 downloads

(0 reviews)

20 comments

Updated

15. Night Rider (Bally 1977)

This is a complete rebuilt of  allknowing2012 table ver 1.0b
    10.6 TABLE
    Solis State version of the table

Big thank you to you to:
    Thanks for FP author Klodo81 and Hauntfreaks for their PF and Plastics images

What's new:

* New lights, new lighting
    * Correct table lights code
    * New script
    * New table physics
    * Added nFozzy flippers (thanks @agentEighty6)
    * Added light bulbs primitives for GI
    * New GI
    * Added Flippers Shadows and Ball Shadows
    * Reworked all the images, cleaned and upscaled
    * Added\Adjusted missing and existing mechanical sounds and replaced ball rolling sound
    * Tuned Slingshots
    * Corrected Rubbers Hit Height
    * Corrected Flippers lenght
    * Added JP's LUT code
    * New instruction Cards in the apron
    * Repositioned Bumpers correctly
    * Adjusted general table physics  (added  dampeners)
    * Added top kicker hole enhancement to make more realistic
    * Adjusted numerous table elements physics properties  (thanks @agentEighty6)
    * Other small tuning

Press F6  and configure the Dip switches to select 5 balls and other features (need to do this only once)

To rotate and select between the nine LUT files press and Hold the Left Magnasave and rotate pressing the Right Magnasave.

Hope you enjoy it and please leave constructive feedback or comments in the support topic and will try to make it better.

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Permission to Mod: Yes with approval

358 downloads

(1 review)

12 comments

Updated

16. Dragoon (Recreativos Franco 1977)

This is my attempt on creating a EM table from the ground up. I can't read schematics, and I suck at a lot of things, so, bare with me. I even created my very first db2s.
    I experimented with a lot of things, and about a week back I sent it of to Loserman asking if he knew how the EB worked (Dragon, not Dragoon) and he helped me on the way to get that resolved and pointing out some differences that had passed me by between those two.

Backglass is not 100% authentic because I had no info on what lamp number to use and it took a while before I found a youtube video showing how it looks with lights.

Playfield is from a very low res ipdb.

For what I've understood. This machine existed in two versions. One for the domestic Spanish market under the name Dragoon, and the other one Dragon. The only difference I could find is that the playfield used a Recreativos Franco logo, and had different colors on the apron, being a 4 player game and default a 3 baller.

The bumpers, I've seen in different configurations, after I created this, I noticed that most of them seems to use a orange hat, so, maybe one day I'll change it if someone else doesn't feel for it.

This release will be open for anyone to improve upon. On first modification, I want to get mentioned. If the table is improved upon by a second guy after that, I'm fine to get ignored.

With all my revisions, only when I started all over from scratch for the 3rd or 4th ? time, using Mississippi by JPSalas, Akilles50000 and Loserman, did I feel that I had something going.

So, of course, I want to thank those guys first and foremost, and the VP devs. Without any single one of them, VP would not be the same.

For those that wonder. Will it be a Dragon by Interflip ? Yes, it will. Feel it is better to release one and if there is something that needs to be fixed, I don't have to do it twice, hopefully.

419 downloads

(2 reviews)

24 comments

Updated

17. Dragon (Interflip 1977)

Popotte who provided the excellent redraws and permission for me to use his work from his FP release
    Thalamus who provided the primitive I needed to finally be able to release this table (I've been sitting on it for a year in my "convert to VPX backlog")

FYI - this game is a drain monster. Sometimes you'll get a great score and other times it just sucks.
    ZIP includes a wheel image and the directB2S created using Popotte's backglass image from his FP release

178 downloads

(0 reviews)

7 comments

Updated

18. Phase II (J. Esteban 1975)

This is a J. Esteban "reskin" of Gottlieb's Spirit of 76/Pioneer/New York

Carlos Guizzo who provided the images of this unique table
    Halen who did the redraws needed so this will work in VP

176 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Updated

19. Big Show (Bally 1974)

This is the 2 player version of Circus for losers like me that have no friends and don't want to play a 4 player table by themselves

user42 who did the artwork/redraws 
    wildman who provided a much better backglass image than I could find

153 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Updated

20. Circus (Bally 1973)

user42 who did the artwork/redraws and provided the backglass image

160 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Updated

21. Lucky Ace (Williams 1974)

This is the one player replay/Add A Ball version of Dealer's Choice

Halen who provided the images for this

113 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted

22. Dealers Choice (Williams 1973)

Halen who provided the images for this

ZIP includes a wheel image and directB2S (sorry, I don't recall where the wheel image came from, so if it is yours let me know and I'll add you to the credits)

102 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

23. Gaucho (Gottlieb 1963)

FYI - this table is one of the few multi player games where if you tilt, your game is over but it doesn't affect the other players.

146 downloads

(0 reviews)

11 comments

Submitted

24. Full (Recreativos Franco 1977)

Popotte who provided the excellent redraws and permission for me to use his work from his FP release
    Thalamus who provided the primitive I needed to finally be able to release this table (I've been sitting on it for a year in my "convert to VPX backlog")
    Editoy who created an excellent directB2S which I am including in the ZIP for your useage

ZIP includes a wheel image and the directB2S

133 downloads

(0 reviews)

5 comments

Submitted

25. Post Time (Williams 1969)

Post Time is a classic Williams EM with a feature unique to this game. Beneath the apron is an extended play unit that kicks the ball back into play after a drain when extended play is lit. This is similar to add-a-ball (also a gameplay option on Post Time) except that lights don't reset and the ball comes from below the apron.

Just before the pandemic started borgdog pointed out the extended play feature to me and said how cool it would be to see it in action. I redrew the playfield art and scanned some plastics that I had sitting in a box. Then the pandemic hit and this game languished for a year. It was recently dusted off and scottacus got it scripted and built a new b2s. Thanks to whirlwind for his testing and sound work. Thanks to Wildman for his backglass image. Thanks to wimkujijp for making his previous version of this game which sparked the discussion with borgdog.

Hold left flipper button before game starts for an option menu for game mode, chimes, sound settings, etc.

725 downloads

(5 reviews)

37 comments

Updated