Files
    Comments
    Reviews
    Latest File
    By pritch33

5    0

• Categories.png

• Downloads Remaining

If you like VPU and enjoy what we bring to the Digital Pinball scene, please consider becoming a supporting member and upgrade your membership today.

Electro Mechanical (EM) Recreations

48 files

1. Post Time (Williams 1969)

Post Time is a classic Williams EM with a feature unique to this game. Beneath the apron is an extended play unit that kicks the ball back into play after a drain when extended play is lit. This is similar to add-a-ball (also a gameplay option on Post Time) except that lights don't reset and the ball comes from below the apron.

Just before the pandemic started borgdog pointed out the extended play feature to me and said how cool it would be to see it in action. I redrew the playfield art and scanned some plastics that I had sitting in a box. Then the pandemic hit and this game languished for a year. It was recently dusted off and scottacus got it scripted and built a new b2s. Thanks to whirlwind for his testing and sound work. Thanks to Wildman for his backglass image. Thanks to wimkujijp for making his previous version of this game which sparked the discussion with borgdog.

Hold left flipper button before game starts for an option menu for game mode, chimes, sound settings, etc.

328 downloads

(4 reviews)

23 comments

Submitted

2. Nip-It (Bally 1973) HF mod

Nip-It (Bally 1973)
    this is another table i've always wanted to revisit, that Losterman and I worked on together in the past
    based on Losermans most recent version
    upgrades include:
    new playfield new plastics lighting GI shadows primitive holes
    table features:
    BalliGator, is a ball-grabbing device in the upper right playfield, its activated by the 'Gator' button (right magsave button) Zipper-Flippers Multiball
    table historical value:
    from pinrescue
    Nip-It played a big part in the TV series “Happy Days” it was the pinball machine Fonzie, Richie Cunningham and the whole gang played in Arnold’s Diner. “Nip It” more or less was featured on one episode when the local vendor made the big mistake of replacing it with a different Bally from 1973 Time Zone. All hell broke loose in Arnold’s and Nip It was brought back and remained there happily ever after until the last show. Needless to say Nip It was and is an extremely popular pinball machine.

Disclaimer:
    Please do not redistribute, repost, repurpose or use the content for public or commercial purposes, images, or software code is prohibited without prior permission from author

Reason for disclaimer:
    do to the total disrespect of the VP builders (tables, b2s, frontend , backend, etc.) and its community, certon talentless, low self esteem, trying to compensate individuals have taken it upon themselves to redistribute our work as if it is there god given right to do so.... the statements expressed are my personal opinions and not of VPU or its other members

358 downloads

(4 reviews)

15 comments

Updated

3. Wizard (Bally 1975)

Wizard-VPX-v1.03-pinball58.vpx_-1

1,296 downloads

(1 review)

17 comments

Updated

4. Mini Cycle (Gottlieb 1970)

this is an authorized Mod of Loserman76's "Mini Cycle (Gottlieb 1970)"

LM had already did a great job updating and building the mesh playfield, and created awesome physics for the center kicker hole, and gameplay in general..
    the playfield image we have had to play with for years  is very dated, with baked on lighting from VP8 days and was also over darkened I remove all the that baked on lighting from the PF to get it back to an "ok" neutral state all the playfields trigger holes and slots were cut out and replaced with a primitive ways of filling them with a mesh "say no to the black abyss"    the plastics have always been a mess since the first time i tried to fix them, this time I did an old technique where it looks like the were printed on the bottom acrylic and they do look better I created separate GI and ambient shadows, giving the lighting a much more realistic effect of casting of shadows also added the correct octagon images for the hit targets I believe the slit acorn nuts used were modeled by sliderpoint the only code the was altered was the a modified Ball Shadow code @Thalamus found, the tucks the shadow under the ball a little bit better

Disclaimer:
    Please do not redistribute, repost, repurpose or use the content for public or commercial purposes, images, or software code is prohibited without prior permission from author

Reason for disclaimer:
    do to the total disrespect of the VP builders (tables, b2s, frontend , backend, etc.) and its community, certon talentless, low self esteem, trying to compensate individuals have taken it upon themselves to redistribute our work as if it is there god given right to do so.... the statements expressed are my personal opinions and not of VPU or its other members

373 downloads

(3 reviews)

10 comments

Updated

5. Whirl-Wind (Gottlieb 1958)

Whirl-Wind is a great example of a classic Gottlieb woodrail. Like many of this era, it has gobble holes, a roto target, alternating scoring lamps and a lot of bumpers. What makes this game unique is the center kicker between the flippers that launches the ball toward the roto target. It keeps the gameplay lively and offers a unique flipper configuration.

@scorpion approached me about building this game some months ago. He provided photos and even measurements. From there I started rebuild/redraw work on the playfield and plastics.  Thankfully @scottacus was available on the scripting side of things.

A quick word about what Scott was able to accomplish for this game: the peculiarities of how a roto target works, how it spins, stops, and indexes, were all thought through and brought to life in the coolest way possible. Even the lamps at the gobble holes light properly as the target spins. It is really something to see. So extra thanks to Scott beyond his normal excellence at bringing EMs to life for the ingenuity on display.

Source images: scorpion
    Scripting/rules/ideas: scottacus
    Graphics/models/physics: bord
    Audio: whirlwind

Thanks also to the handful of beta testers that offered great feedback.

Game notes:
    The script has an option to enable the manual ball lift (authentic). I modeled the entire cabinet for this game so if someone is inclined to create a VR version I'm happy to share my files for it. Don't smoke. It looks cool but only another smoker will ever want to kiss you. Also it is really bad for you.

285 downloads

(1 review)

15 comments

Submitted

6. Bon Voyage (Bally 1974)

Scratch build of Bally's "Bon Voyage" EM from 1974. 4k-ish playfield (upscaled from 2k and touched up). VR minimal room included - thanks to Sixtoe!

This table wouldn't have been possible without the valuable assistance of xsvtoys from Pinside. He provided invaluable playfield, plastics, and backglass scans and images, and had so many other great resources. Thanks buddy!

B2S file included.

103 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

7. Argosy (Williams 1977)

Williams' last EM, this is a fun and fast table, often seen in the Classics bank at tournaments.

This VPX version is a full rebuild from the VP9 version by user42, from an original table by luvthtapex and a mod by dboyrecords. A number of gameplay inaccuracies have been fixed and rubbers and lighting added. A VR room has been integrated as of v1.1 and should work automatically if played in VPVR.

Thanks so much to the original authors, Sixtoe for the minimal VR room, UncleWilly and Arconovum for the EM reel system, VPX and VPVR devs, and the VPVR table community!

251 downloads

(0 reviews)

5 comments

Submitted

8. Gay 90's (Williams 1970)

re-upload from 2017 (i think)

Gay 90's (Williams 1970)
    borgdog killed it with the wiper moving target and scripting

156 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted

9. Winner (Williams 1971) 0.81a

Here’s Williams’ “Winner” from 1971. I saw a video of one on YouTube and thought it looked pretty cool. I hadn’t recreated a table with flippers before, so I figured why not overcompensate and make one with four flippers. I’m sure it’s not a *perfect* recreation: the lighting is far from professional, the slingshot kicks are weak, and I’m not sure the payouts are even working. But the ball shoots out, the horses move, and I even made a backglass file. I think it’s a fun table, so I figure it’s time to share.

I have to thank the folks who built Hi-Score Pool (Chicago Coin 1971). I wouldn’t have been able to make this table work without the ball turret I repurposed from that table. So, thanks to them (and check that table out if you haven’t. It’s a fun one. BorgDog uploaded it).
    Playfield graphics redraw, backglass, and the coding for this specific game done by Warbler33 / CactusDude.
    Download includes table, B2S backglass, and tarcisio style wheel.

CONTROLS:
    5/Credit – Insert Credits
    1/Start – Start Game
    Plunger/Enter or Spacebar – Fire ball turret
    Flipper Keys/Shifts – Corresponding flippers
    **Depending on how your default keys are set up, your keyboard equivalents may not match**

**Table is optimized for cabinets. It's possible to play on a desktop, but you probably won't have score reels, etc. If you're interested in making a better desktop version, read the paragraph below.**

For people interested in modifying the table, please get in touch. If you just want to fix a minor issue (fix a bug in the code, etc.) I’d prefer to upload the updated version here and credit you for whatever contribution you make. If you’re interested in tackling larger issues (vastly improving visuals, making a new backglass, etc.) I’d probably be happy to have you upload it separately (and obviously have you mention that it’s a mod or goes with this table). So, please, just get in touch so I can give my stamp of approval and we can discuss the logistics of sharing your contributions. Thanks for understanding.

*FYI I'm Warbler33 on VPF and CactusDude here. So if you notice a lack of "CactusDude" being mentioned in the table's file, it's because I'm too lazy to go back and add mention of CactusDude now. You can read the release notes on Ballyhoo (Bally 1932) to get some more detail on that.*

149 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

10. Miss-O (Williams 1969)

re-upload from 2016

Miss-O (Williams 1969) v1.0

-scripting/animation/menu/tweaking: BorgDog
    -originals images created by Popotte
    -images vectorized/modified: HauntFreaks
    -layout/lighting: Hauntfreaks
    -DOF scripting: Arngrim

-hold down left flipper to access BorgDogs sweet lookin' options menu (inspired by loserman76 / gnance)

331 downloads

(0 reviews)

8 comments

Updated

11. Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons (Stern 2015)

re-upload from 2018

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons (Stern 2015)   

211 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

12. Jubilee (Williams 1973)

another re-up from a couple years ago.

This is the 4 player version of my Darling table for those of you with more friends.  Pretty much the same game, some of the table physics has been tweaked slightly mostly with the captive balls.  Hauntfreaks provided the artwork for the db2s and of course had done the playfield graphics as well.

Includes my version of the loserman and gnance option menu, hold down left flipper before starting a game for 3 or 5 ball, free play, and extra ball options.

114 downloads

(1 review)

2 comments

Submitted

13. Royal Flush (Gottlieb 1976)

re-up from a couple years back, no changes.

For those of you with more friends than I have, I did a quick conversion of my Card Whiz into the 4 player Royal Flush.  The table is identical, just changed the backdrop, put the score reels back in view (my base template is 4 player so scripted Card Whiz with this in mind) and built a new directb2s to go with it from images found online.

99 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

14. Astro (Gottlieb 1971)

re-up of 2016 table, no changes from vpinball.com version

This is an add-a-ball game only. It is the domestic USA version of the Star Trek table of the same year that was export only.  The replay version is '4 Square' and has different artwork.

Hold down left flipper key before starting a game for a couple seconds to open the option menu (inspired by loserman76 and gnance) Many thanks to sliderpoint and StevOz for physics and bug testing! Thanks to Plumb on vpf for the Astro playfield scan that started this.

86 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

15. Pyramid (Gottlieb 1978)

another old, old table from vpinball.com.  This one could really use an update.

This is a 2 player EM version of Gottlieb’s Cleopatra. Cleopatra was available in EM and SS versions, Pyramid is EM only. I ran across an old VP8 jpsalas version of Pyramid on one of those other sites, and  JP was nice enough to share even more of his resources than what was in the table, and with the more recent Cleopatra SS tables that have been done there were plenty of good resources, and I found a decent backglass image on the internet somewhere.  Used JP’s code mostly for play logic, and went off to the races.  I happened to get enough resources to do something I had wanted to do with my Gemini table, and that was make two versions in one, yes TWO!  There is a old, rusty, faded, worn, yellowed version and there is a nice bright shiny version all in the same table.  Borrowed the idea from loserman76 and gnance for the hold down left shift to open the options menu, and let you choose not only number of balls and replay levels, but whether you want to play clean or dirty.

So big thanks to jpsalas, loserman76, gnance and the internet.  Oh yeah and those guys who made VP10.

Thanks also to sliderpoint and hauntfreaks for the vp and graphics help as always.

Hold down left flipper key for options menu when not in a game.

113 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

16. Hi-Score Pool (Chicago Coin 1971)

re-up of vpinball.com table, no updates or changes

Prompted by a post from drothste12 on vpforums, a whole gang of VPers jumped in to get this table done.  STAT started it off with the initial build and coding of the gameplay and rules and figured out how to do a rotating ball shooter turret with great advice from the forum.  PinballShawn owns the real table and very helpfully provided measurements, gameplay rules, and videos of how it all works, table probably would not be done without all his info. I jumped in when STAT got to busy to finish it up and I resized the table and all it's parts and objects to correct size, and finished up the coding with added features.  Hauntfreaks took all my and STATs initial images and made them all much nicer (he has a way with things like that).
    Basic idea of the gameplay is hit the balls to clear the rack.  A great part of the fun is you can't actually see the ball most of the time it's in play. The right flipper or the plunger button shoots the ball (real table has no plunger so just right flipper) as the turret rotates. Clearing the rack adds the listed bonus and give you another ball (well really the same one, but continues to play).  PinballShawn says the game is much better with 2 players as you can steal racks the other player doesn't complete.

There are a couple of gameplay options available by holding down the left flipper before starting a game (thanks to loserman76 and gnance for the idea).

directb2s file is included in the download.

67 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

17. Fire Queen (Gottlieb 1977)

re-up of version from vpinball.com (newer than VPF version).

The 2 player version of Gottlieb's Vulcan.

95 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Submitted

18. Joker Poker EM (Gottlieb 1978)

re-upload of vpinball.com table, no changes.

Thanks to all who provided stuff to the community that I used, dark and sliderpoint in particular for some primitives, and loserman76 for some scripting I borrowed from Target Alpha.

Hold down left flipper button before starting a game for some options (added a freeplay option to the balls and replays).

And of course as usual the FS backdrop settings are for my cab which has the playfield in portrait orientation.

Let me know of any bugs/issues/feedback in the support topic please.  Thanks!

119 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

19. Lucky Hand (Gottlieb 1977)

re-upload from vpinball.

Can't find the original description for this one, but it is the add-a-ball version of Jack's Open.  This is based off sliderpoints awesome Jack's Open table, physics and all is from that, I redid the art where needed and rule scripting for this one and threw together a db2s to go with it.

86 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

20. TKO (Gottlieb 1979)

another old build from vpinball.com

Last wedgehead made by Gottlieb.

101 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

21. Card Whiz (Gottlieb 1976)

re-upload of table on vpinball.com, no changes or testing has occurred.

Gottlieb's 1976 Card Whiz.  This 2 player table was also made in a much more common 4 player version, Royal Flush.  I'm partial to 2 player machines, so made Card Whiz, but it would be a fairly easy conversion to Royal Flush if there is enough demand for the 4 player as well (I don't have that many friends). As far as I can tell this truly em scripted version of royal Flush or Card Whiz has not been made in vp before, although there was a couple versions that used the 1983 Royal Flush Deluxe rom with this playfield (no I don't know the gameplay differences), and there is an FP version as well.

the playfield started with Popette's FP version, and has been much modified/upscaled/stretched etc to more accurately match images of stripped playfields I found as well as better match the playfield map from the Royal Flush manual which I found online (don't tell Steve @ PBR).  Most if not all the insert images were replaced with better copies I found on line.

The image for the backglass came from a collection by Scott Amus on flickr.

Couple things I'm not sure on, the first is the ball return gate.  The rollover on the right opens the gate so the ball can return to the plunger lane.  I'm fairly certain that once it does the trigger in the plunger lane closes the gate and also fairly certain the kick hole on the right side of the playfield also closes it, just not sure if those are the only things??  The rollover in the plunger lane would also be triggered and close the ball return gate on the next plunge.  The other thing that I'm not sure of is that post on the left side that deflects balls coming down from the upper left joker rollovers.  In watching videos there seems to be some wide variety in how that deflects, and actually a lot of times it seems to not get hit at all which happens very rarely on my version.  I'm pretty sure I have it in the right spot, but I think something above that may be causing the ball to miss it.. again not sure, having never actually played on in the wild that I can recall.

Directb2s included, hold down left flipper before starting a game to get some options.

As usual thanks to everyone for everything, blah blah blah..

100 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

22. Star Trek (Gottlieb 1971)

re-upload of vpinball table, no changes.

This is Gottlieb's 1971 Star Trek.  This is the export (Italy) version of Astro.  This is an add-a-ball game only.  The replay version of this with different artwork is 4 square.
    This update has new logic thanks to allknowing2012/Daryl who found some backglass images on ebay that showed why there is that crazy area in the upper left of the backglass.  It is there for the 10 rollover values, 100,000 to 1,000,000. So I needed to modify the logic and the backglass due to the new info.
    Hold down left flipper key before starting a game for a couple seconds to open the option menu (inspired by loserman76 and gnance) Many thanks to sliderpoint and StevOz for physics and bug testing! Thanks to Plumb on vpf for the Astro playfield scan that started this.
    directb2s included DOF enabled FS settings in the table are for my cab which has the playfield in portrait mode, most of you will need to adjust the Backdrop settings.

79 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Submitted

23. Darling (Williams 1973)

another vpinball.com re-upload, no changes made

original description and changelog

So I started on this table like 2 years ago, got sidetracked by other things and somewhere along the line lost everything I had done on it, including a playfield redraw I had started on.  I found bits and pieces again, including a start on a db2s hauntfreaks had done touchup on the artwork for.  So I finished up the db2s and put the table together.  I always thought the 5 ball captive ball thing was pretty cool so was fun to get it going.  Hauntfreaks came through again with a redraw of the playfield and fixing all my lighting for me and sliderpoint provided feedback as usual. Gameplay is pretty basic so scripting was fairly straight forward although I did try a few new things out that I ended up incorporated into my base template.  I made some new primitives as well while slowly learning fusion 360.
    Includes my version of the loserman and gnance option menu, hold down left flipper before starting a game for 3 or 5 ball, free play, and extra ball options.
    Also includes the db2s and portrait and landscape POV files.

1.1.1 fix (hopefully) for occasional lost ball from captive balls.
    1.1  Updates.
    fancy new plastics thanks to Scotty VH!
    changes to db2s suggested by Scottacus to make match more visible
    fixed match in scripting so it all works.. I think also found by Scottacus, thanks!
    note match does not show when playing in extra ball mode.
    1.0 initial release

85 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Submitted

24. Paul Bunyan (Gottlieb 1968)

re-upload of vpinball.com table, no changes made.

can't seem to come up with the description in the wayback machine for this one, but I believe originally was a conversion of a pinballperson vp8 table and i'm sure haunt helped with graphics, but 🤷‍♂️

86 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

25. Jungle Princess (Gottlieb 1977)

re-upload of table from vpinball, no changes.  This one is quite old and I have not tested it in newer vpx versions.

Gottlieb's 1977 Jungle Princess, the 2 player version of Jungle Queen (4 player).
    Most of the graphics was given me by Starman from his vp9 Jungle Queen table.  Much of the play logic comes from him as well.
    thanks to hauntfreaks as usual for graphics, lighting, and primitive updates
    thanks to sliderpoint for play testing and bug catching (mostly by letting me play on his vp cab where I could actually see things, gotta get my fullsize done soon)

like all my tables hold down left flipper before starting a game to bring up options menu.  This is the first one I've done with a freeplay option as well.

76 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted